afm
Tech Master

Oh i forgot to add it costs U$ 295.00

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 02:03 PM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i like the fact that the engine was dynoed. but until they do away with the aac problems, i will not buy any motor that is aac. abc is truly dependable compared to aac engine. they just dont last like they claim to be. on the other hand, those are pretty impressive numbers.

by the way, rb mods was reviewed also on the latest issue of RC CAR magazine with nothing but good thing to say about rbmods motor.
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 02:06 PM   #48
Tech Elite

but then again, if you are sponsored by them, you can at least change motors everytime you need. but to me, i need a motor that will last a season, not just one big race. i like motors that last a year or more on a regular racing habit.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:07 PM   #49
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by evlhdlts
i like the fact that the engine was dynoed. but until they do away with the aac problems, i will not buy any motor that is aac. abc is truly dependable compared to aac engine. they just dont last like they claim to be. on the other hand, those are pretty impressive numbers.

by the way, rb mods was reviewed also on the latest issue of RC CAR magazine with nothing but good thing to say about rbmods motor.
What problems with AAC???....I have none, and it has allready 6 races and engine is still tight as hell.

AFM
Old 01-19-2005, 02:10 PM   #50
Tech Elite

well i'm glad you have a good batch. ive heard many with problems. i hope you don't get to go through those problems in the future. and if you don't, then that's a good sign, a very good sign. good luck.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:13 PM   #51
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
but then again, if you are sponsored by them, you can at least change motors everytime you need. but to me, i need a motor that will last a season, not just one big race. i like motors that last a year or more on a regular racing habit.
I'm sponsored by my own wallet, and as I said it allready has 6 races and no problems so far. Anyway it's a question of taste, I think there is no bad engine at the high end notch, just a bad broken-in, badly tuned, and poorly maintained engine. at top level most engines are fairly the same. It's a quetsion of best chassis set up and of course good driving.

AFM
Old 01-19-2005, 02:17 PM   #52
Tech Elite

i remember the time when rc nitro magazine just came out and they did a review on mugen mt12 (this was about 4 years ago). it was what they called the fastest motor available at that time. and then jp came into the scene and modified them and called them jp blacks. omg, if they were only to do another dyno on it they'll probably go crazy. the motor was ballistic. and then almost every team driver used a modified motor and had that advantage. i have never seen any factory driver win with a stock motor except for hara who used a novarossi nsr12s3 and a rdlogics pipe on the roar sedan nationals. but if you were there, you will see almost every car pulling him on the straight. but then again, hara is a very good driver and got them on consistency and line selection nailing them perfectly almost everytime.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:18 PM   #53
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by afm
I'm sponsored by my own wallet, and as I said it allready has 6 races and no problems so far. Anyway it's a question of taste, I think there is no bad engine at the high end notch, just a bad broken-in, badly tuned, and poorly maintained engine. at top level most engines are fairly the same. It's a quetsion of best chassis set up and of course good driving.

AFM
True that
Old 01-19-2005, 02:20 PM   #54
Tech Elite

but a very fast modified motors give drivers a slight edge to be competitive. and to me personally, i like to have fun and just be plain ballistically fast - i don't care if its just on the straight. so i like a modded engine.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:22 PM   #55
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
well i'm glad you have a good batch. ive heard many with problems. i hope you don't get to go through those problems in the future. and if you don't, then that's a good sign, a very good sign. good luck.
Thanks.
Actually most problems with AAC engines is that you can't tune the carb the same way as an ABC engine, and this is the most common mistake people make, because they overlean them. WHY? because AAC engines run cooler until they reach their sweet running temp, so you have to warm them up properly before you tune them for max power, or you'll end up frying the engine. But once it is running tuned, it holds it's max temp for hours, never flames out, and idle is stable pit stop after pit stop.

AFM
Old 01-19-2005, 02:28 PM   #56
Tech Adept

Quote:
give rbmods a try. you won't be disappointed. they will support you and you can always call them when you have questions. they have an outstanding customer service.
Hey man you were right.. i just emailed them through the link on there site..... and Rick Already replied to me.....

'I asked him about a NSR 12 S5 engine......' he replied "I have the RER 12S5, Same engine for 360.00 "

Also a qs i need to clarify before ordering..... to fit a RRR i need to get the SG crank or the std.

Plus which is better the RexR12s5 or the RB v12

Cheers
ZiiZo
uaerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 02:32 PM   #57
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
but a very fast modified motors give drivers a slight edge to be competitive. and to me personally, i like to have fun and just be plain ballistically fast - i don't care if its just on the straight. so i like a modded engine.

Same here... I'm 55...and kids have faster reactions...but every now wnd then I win my races, and it feels just great.
If you like moded engines, then you'd love my Mauro Collari hand modified L. Collari...it's a real challange to keep it on the track on turns and on the straight it hangs on there with some of the 1/8th's....woww!!!

AFM
Old 01-19-2005, 02:37 PM   #58
Tech Elite

just like i mentioned, rbmods really have good customer service. i just don't like websites that takes a week to respond or sometimes don't even respond to questions.

personally, i prefer novarossi. this is because i have been using novarossi for quite a while now that i feel comfortable tuning them. i have race buddies though that like rb motors. so get the one that you are used to.

if you have a motor already, you can send it to him. that's what i did. i sent him a rex rer12s3. i'm about ready to send him 2 more s3 motors.

i had very good luck with ns series motors. i really like them. so its your call between a nova and rb. hell, maybe by the time rick is done with both, we won't be able to tell the difference cuz they're so fast.. hehe

anyways, tell rick that joseph from arizona sent you and maybe he'll give you a break on mod.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:39 PM   #59
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by afm
Same here... I'm 55...and kids have faster reactions...but every now wnd then I win my races, and it feels just great.
If you like moded engines, then you'd love my Mauro Collari hand modified L. Collari...it's a real challange to keep it on the track on turns and on the straight it hangs on there with some of the 1/8th's....woww!!!

AFM
wow!!! that's fast! i'd really love to have that!
Old 01-19-2005, 02:43 PM   #60
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by uaerc
...Also a qs i need to clarify before ordering..... to fit a RRR i need to get the SG crank or the std.

Plus which is better the RexR12s5 or the RB v12

Cheers
ZiiZo
almost all newer kits nowadays require sg crank. if you have the kit, you can double check on you manual. it should say there. but i bet its sg.

personally, i'd get the rex just because its a ns series motor. just make sure you get the 3 port if youre planning on racing any roar event to be legal. but if not, the 5 port is the way to go.