Old 01-17-2005, 05:06 AM   #17
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing4Evo
JP.

HOW ABOUT NSR 12 S5 ?

1.6 / 42000 Rpm ?

Howz the JP ? tech notes..

oh yeah and any JP site links... how much is the piston ?
uaerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 08:22 AM   #18
Tech Master

Official JP website http://www.jpracing.com/ang/accueil/index.php

I have the JP MUGEN X12 and its a friken rocket! and only on 16% fuel!!!(Legal amount in Australia) Launches my RRR like hell and it has just been broken in! cant wait to start lto lean the beast!

I have had a Murnan Modified NS3port and had a problem with the silicone it came off the crank (not happy!) but otherwise run pretty fast! I gave my friend a go of my FW05R with the Murnan NS and he couldnt beleive how fast it was.

uaerc : This is the only shop ive been able to find JP parts, they have a great range of motors with lots of spares aswell!

JP FX P/L 3port: http://shop.the-border.nl/product.ph...cat=197&page=1

JP FX P/L 5port: http://shop.the-border.nl/product.ph...cat=197&page=1

Last edited by TRAJ; 01-17-2005 at 08:34 AM.
TRAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 08:29 AM   #19
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by uaerc
How's the L. Collari 12 engine i thinks its the Piccos that have been modded by the great. L collari... i emailed them they said..
"the 3-port produces in excess of 1,6 HP the 5 should be in the 1.75 range. "
Now i wanted to know if anyone has used this engine ..... and how's it performed....
Actually i am in need of an engine for my V one RRR and wanted to get somethiing exceptionally good.....

all the help is appreciated..

Cheers
ZiiZo

Lamberto Collari Motorsport makes the following versions of that engine, and are based over world champion Sirio engines, not Picco

LCM12PRO-3E Standard AAC EFRA Turbo
LCM12PRO-3E MC Mauro Collari Modified AAC EFRA Turbo
LCM12PRO-3I Standard AAC IFMAR Turbo
LCM12PRO-3I MC Mauro Collari Modified AAC IFMAR Turbo

I have the Mauro Collari modified EFRA version engine, and it is ballistic, and is faster than any of my past Nova based engines. Just remember that being an AAC engine it needs to be warmed up properly to get the right carburetion, it can be misleading when it is cold. It takes more time to warm up than a regular ABC engine. At the start of a heat it will look as if it is rich, but once on temp it rocks and runs like a mad dog.
Another thing; it loves cold plugs (7), it works best with Sirio's own pipe, and it needs to be geared at least one tooth shorter than Nova based engines (power curve is higher).

This is what Ron Hopkins, from Werks Racing, the USA importer has to say about them

“Thank for your interest in the Lamberto Collari Motorsport line of engines.

The new .12 engines we are bringing are the IFMAR spec engines which conform to the new ROAR crankshaft rules.
This engine comes with the modified sleeve with tear drops on the transfers (like JP or NovaMax) but without the additional massaging of the hand modified Mauro Collari engines. You get about 90% of the performance of the hand mod motor at a significantly reduced price. The engine features AAC construction in addition to the new low CG cooling head design.

For the true horse power junkies we will be releasing the hand modified engines in a couple of months but these will be really limited production motors.

The first batch of .12's and the one that RC Nitro Magazine dyno tested was the standard LCM engine. This 3 port ROAR legal engine was according to them The most powerful .12 engine that they have ever tested including 5port Novarossi's!

Just to give you some specs on the LC12Pro3 I courtesy of RC Nitro Magazine

Peak Torque 58 oz-in
Peak Torque at 19,600 RPM
Peak HP 1.6
Peak HP at 33,700 RPM
Max RPM 41,000
This is with 20% nitro fuel!
According to Steve Pond from RC Nitro Magazine, the pipe used was a 2 piece Novarossi 51602 with 1/2" gap between the manifold and pipe”

Hope all this info helps on your decision

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 08:44 AM   #20
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by afm

LCM12PRO-3E Standard AAC EFRA Turbo
LCM12PRO-3E MC Mauro Collari Modified AAC EFRA Turbo
LCM12PRO-3I Standard AAC IFMAR Turbo
LCM12PRO-3I MC Mauro Collari Modified AAC IFMAR Turbo

AFM
whats the difference between the EFRA and the IFMAR
VP Fuel
Hot Race Tires
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 09:19 AM   #21
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Vince
whats the difference between the EFRA and the IFMAR
Crankshaft.
EFRA has rules that limits center passage to 7mm, no chamfer at exit,and turbo scoop can't be matched to center passage.
IFMAR (ROAR) has no limiting rules, center passage on LC engines is 8mm, and turbo scoop is well blended deeply on to center passage.
Apart from that the rest is similar.

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 01:36 PM   #22
Tech Adept

AFM . Traj

Thanks for the info guys....really helpful..i will probably look aroud more to get to learn more about these modded engines..

The most important factor i have to look at is..

1. Durability
2. Reliability of the engine in the hot weather..
3. Availablity of parts near by......
4. Price.

As for the price of that piston really put me off traj...... 250$ approx for a piston sleeve is really not my game.... untill i am sponssored or something lo.l .

I checked out murnan mod... saw a sirio evo2 for 250 there complete engine..

I think since nova rossi is available here may b that will be a better choice...

even the sirio is avaialble....

OS TR T is what i have right now....... but i want some thing that will scream.......

Thanks.....
ZiiZo
Old 01-17-2005, 02:17 PM   #23
Tech Champion

JP has durability, superiority, reliability in hot weather, fair price for brand new engine but very expensive spare parts. Some people sell used JP after few races and they buy fresh JP again. They don't bother to overhaul the engine because the spare parts is rare and expensive.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 09:51 PM   #24

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

You guys with the higher HP engines, when they start to get alittle weak on compression you may want to check with Topgun 777 in the Palmaris engine threads. He makes the best piston/rod/
sleeve combo out at the present time I think!! I don't think he sells kits for long rod engines anymore but most his short rod combos work with most engines other than sirio. His pricing can't be beat either!!

You guys think JP mods are hot ?

Richey, Palmaris Racing, and I guess Murnan mods, and Smeltz (which you can't get) would be my choice, I have all these and a couple JPs, and all the above smoke the JP's!

Last edited by bbntc3; 01-17-2005 at 09:58 PM.
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 10:36 PM   #25
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by uaerc
As for the price of that piston really put me off traj...... 250$ approx for a piston sleeve is really not my game.... untill i am sponssored or something lol
Hehehe yer i agree they are very expensive but thats the only shop ive found that stock JP parts.

I agree with BBNTC3 that the BRB piston/sleeve set that it produced by Palmaris racing is the fastest ive seen.

I have seen it at my local track in a Novamax and it was clearly the fastest engine that day!
Old 01-17-2005, 10:51 PM   #26
Tech Adept

Traj

I was reading the rc car action the other day and there was an article about the Savange 25 engine being modded to prove that that engine can b pushed a lil bit more.. but what interested me was that laptop and the speed gun attached to it which they used.....

which gave me a wild idea....to get something setup like that and make a drag race event out of it.

thats the only way to find out which Mod engine is the fastest..... what say !

cheer
ZiiZo

Last edited by uaerc; 01-17-2005 at 10:58 PM.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:59 PM   #27
Tech Master

Hahaha get friendly with a police man he will lend you his speed gun
Old 01-18-2005, 01:38 AM   #28
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by TRAJ
Hahaha get friendly with a police man he will lend you his speed gun
Haha I wish .......

In my country there is a saying that goes like........never befreind a cop nor be his enemy..... lol

hey the v one rrr that u have.....is there a chance i can get specs on that, I mean setup details..... as mine is in bldg.. as i am still deciding & waiting the engine......decided to go for the murnan mod sirio evo 2 its just 250$.

cheers
ZiiZo
Old 01-18-2005, 01:43 AM   #29
Tech Master

Last edited by TRAJ; 01-18-2005 at 02:42 AM.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:25 AM   #30
Tech Adept

Actually.. i was interested in the setup sheet...... what shocks. springs ride hght. etc..

Or if it was not too much you could take a picture of your setting data sheet and post .itt...

cheers
ZiiZo.