R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-12-2005, 02:12 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Angry Any Idea about problem in my engine?

hi, would anyone share his idea on this...

i changed my clutch, then after 2-3 runs in the track i tried to start my engine again, starting is normal as it goes to idle the way it is, but i notice that when i rev it the wheels are not moving i tried to rev it for about 5-7 times then it moves, but at first it wont move, i know this is not normal. I remove the plug and notice that there are a lot of unburned fuel inside... i can still run the car with a good performance, im just thinking why the wheels are not moving for several revs after starting.

wonder my Low end mixt is rich or lean, probably not the top end because i can feel it has a good top end with a light trail of smoke.
and i the engine smells different, maybe because of the unburned fuel... am i damaging the engine?

Does anyone have experience this? please i need your ideas...

Thanks in advance.
bulletdays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 04:22 AM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to nsxshogun

I don't know my car does the same thing sometimes. I think its because the engine has to warm a little bit to create the needed RPMs.
nsxshogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 04:37 AM   #3
Tech Adept

ah ok so you experience the same thing too, one of the post i have read is saying that maybe its within the clutch or the flywheel... gonna looki in tothat later, just want to see what is really wrong, because i have 3-4 runs already so bu that time i think the engine has been heat up...

thanks...
bulletdays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 01:56 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to nsxshogun

Well right now my motor is rich still a small amount of fuel coming out of the pipe.
nsxshogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 03:45 PM   #5
Tech Regular

Location: The Milkyway/Planet Earth/Europe/Sweden/Skåne/Malmö

Does your car have a 2-speed tranny? If so, it may be the one-way bearing in the first gear that needs lubing with Serpents one-way oil. At least my Impulse did something like this when the one-way bearing was dry..
New_Toasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 05:03 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic

To me it sounds like the problem is something in the clutch.
If the engine is starting and revving without any problems, then i dont think your problem is engine related.
It may be worth your while to disassemble the clutch and recheck the shoes/housing etc.....perhaps something has come adrift in here?........also when fitting new clutch housings I always give the inside a good wipe with a rag, some clutch housing are given a light coating of oil/grease to prevent them getting surface rust, so perhaps this may be causing the clutch to slip.
Good luck
Cheers
AndyT © is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 02:15 AM   #7
rjl
Tech Fanatic

If it just revs it's ring off and goes nowhere, it is likely to be the one-way bearing on first gear slipping. Only use lube designed for one ways or even simpler, do not get any oil on it at all and replace often, about every year or so!
rjl is offline   Reply With Quote