R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-08-2012, 03:44 PM   #16
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperdrive1 View Post
This car cost a grand...he has $400...gas or not, non issue
I overlooked that. Closer to the budget comes the Schumacher Fusion and the CEN TR5.0
Old 02-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #17
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaj232 View Post
That tc3 would be bomb. What state you in when I can afford a engine I might come race too?
Im in long island, New York. I just picked up the tc3 its pretty sweet got it or $140 with 2 motors 2 bodies and some parts! Ill post pics later.
cjelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #18
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjelley View Post
Im in long island, New York. I just picked up the tc3 its pretty sweet got it or $140 with 2 motors 2 bodies and some parts! Ill post pics later.
Wow ur 10+ hours away and wow you got a deal!! Ur good... probably too good of a negotiater. I'm in West Virginia so I'll say have fun. Def post pics. Can't wait to see it.
wallaj232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Lol yeah negotiating is one of my stronger points. I just found a hopped up tc3 with a navrossi engine for 200 locally. I think i might go take a look at that today. Im sure i can pic it up for <$150.

This would be a good move, nice powerful shaft driven car. Just make sure you maintenance the diffs and you will have no problem with this car
esckalayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Nice, do you know Diatta Collymore? Here is a factory sponsored driver from the NY, NY area and a real nice guy. I would see what local tracks are around NY for nitro sedan and i bet you run into him.
esckalayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (98%+)
Default try this

try a kyosho voneRRR or R4
RahjahDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:16 AM   #22
Tech Regular

If I was on a $400 budget to out run my buddies with their TC RTR's I would go to Ebay and look for a good used racing TC. Plenty of good used MTX4/5, 733, maybe some NT1's that are more than capable of handling any RTR with good setup and driving. The upside too is, if and when you get tired of racing in your backyard and decide to give organized racing a shot at a local track, you will have a solid car with parts support and setup info to get you started.
www.motorists.org
P2gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:32 AM   #23
Tech Rookie

I picked up a used Team Associated Nitro TC3 for $140. It has a Novarossi .21 engine installed. A few carbon fiber upgrades, a brand new failsafe, aftermarket suspension, and it also came with the stock motor.

I am going to order wheels and tires today. For a blacktop parking lot would you recommend foam or rubber tires? As well as a website you recommend shopping for upgrades on? Thanks!

Do you think $140 is a good deal for this package rtr?
Attached Thumbnails
Need help deciding on a car to beat my friends :lol:-20120208_194234.jpg   Need help deciding on a car to beat my friends :lol:-20120208_194338.jpg   Need help deciding on a car to beat my friends :lol:-20120208_194344.jpg   Need help deciding on a car to beat my friends :lol:-20120208_194359.jpg  

Last edited by cjelley; 02-09-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #24
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
I picked up a used Team Associated Nitro TC3 for $140. It has a Novarossi .21 engine installed. A few carbon fiber upgrades, a brand new failsafe, aftermarket suspension, and it also came with the stock motor.

I am going to order wheels and tires today. For a blacktop parking lot would you recommend foam or rubber tires? As well as a website you recommend shopping for upgrades on? Thanks!
looks nice, i would say towerhobbies.com and i prefer foam tires. and i would look into getting a receiver batter because AA batteries dont last at all.
wallaj232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:09 AM   #25
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BLKNOTCH

You will want to get soft shored foams to have the best chance at traction (38 or lower shore rating) also be sure to stock up on spare arms and diff housings, there is a diff mod you will want to look into that will help alot with keeping the diff together (mainly the front) and I believe RPM makes a good large front bumper to help save front arms even more. The plastics are very weak on this car so you will want to take special care to not drive to wildly or you will be making more repairs then racing. It is a very capable car but very very weak.

Good luck and have fun.

Sean
Old 02-09-2012, 09:14 AM   #26
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKNOTCH View Post
You will want to get soft shored foams to have the best chance at traction (38 or lower shore rating) also be sure to stock up on spare arms and diff housings, there is a diff mod you will want to look into that will help alot with keeping the diff together (mainly the front) and I believe RPM makes a good large front bumper to help save front arms even more. The plastics are very weak on this car so you will want to take special care to not drive to wildly or you will be making more repairs then racing. It is a very capable car but very very weak.

Good luck and have fun.

Sean
Thanks. Are parts interchangeable between this and the electric tc3? I found the front bumper you speak of but its for the electric version...
Old 02-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

Rubber tires are quite good on my ntc3 with no surface prep. Foams wear too fast. Though if you keep the .21 in ther everything will wear fast lol.
Kit settings with a little squat, 1.5 camber and 28r tires Seem to work
Really well on the street.

First upgrade i might suggest are threaded ahocks but get tc5 shocks. Or tc3/4 shick bodies and vcs2 upgrade kit. If you ever service your shocks you will see why =|
valk is offline   Reply With Quote