Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree99Likes

Serpent Cobra GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

How about the yellow shoes w/ medium springs?
Old 05-15-2017, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by petersen114
How about the yellow shoes w/ medium springs?
That'll be very boggy as the clutch will come in too early. To be honest I've found x-hard the best springs regardless of the shoes you use in the GT. Even sometimes I feel I need even harder 1.1mm springs!
Old 05-16-2017, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Well my GT is gonna be doing some shelf time for a wile anyways. The Nova clutch isn't gonna work regardless because of a clearance issue w/ the rear break disk that I failed to notice before. I would rather save up and use the correct clutch shoes and header and keep things right. I also managed to mess up an engine mount screw as well as crack 2 wheels and bend both of the rear 100mm driveshafts from cartwheeling because one of the kids in my neighborhood for some reason decided from out of nowhere, to drive his Walmart car out in front of me (I was NOT driving slow) causing me to clip a curb then cartwheel like 5 times. Guess I'm lucky that's all the damage the car got. At least I got my other carz.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:59 AM
Tech Addict

Default 😡

Well my GT is gonna be doing some shelf time for a wile anyways. The Nova clutch isn't gonna work regardless because of a clearance issue w/ the rear break disk that I failed to notice before. I would rather save up and use the correct clutch shoes and header and keep things right. I also managed to mess up an engine mount screw as well as crack 2 wheels and bend both of the rear 100mm driveshafts from cartwheeling because one of the kids in my neighborhood for some reason decided from out of nowhere, to drive his Walmart car out in front of me (I was NOT driving slow) causing me to clip a curb then cartwheel like 5 times. Guess I'm lucky that's all the damage the car got. At least I got my other carz.
Have you told his parents you expect to have the little monster mow your lawn for the next two years???
Old 05-16-2017, 11:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by dan_vector
That'll be very boggy as the clutch will come in too early. To be honest I've found x-hard the best springs regardless of the shoes you use in the GT. Even sometimes I feel I need even harder 1.1mm springs!
<<<<Tekno reds>>>
dan_vector likes this.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
Have you told his parents you expect to have the little monster mow your lawn for the next two years???
Lol..... I don't even know where he lives. He was gone by the time I retrieved my car. Plus I live in an apartment complex. Haven't seen him since. I will have to deal w/ my other cars until I get the funds.

Last edited by petersen114; 06-08-2018 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

You can run the car with the rear brake disk removed. You'll still have plenty of braking power just on the front disk. Then the NR clutch will fit. I agree though save up for the right shoes/springs for the stock Clutch. Do you not have a track near you or at least a big parking lot? Probably less danger of Walmart cars than on the street? Just sayin'
Old 05-17-2017, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dan_vector
You can run the car with the rear brake disk removed. You'll still have plenty of braking power just on the front disk. Then the NR clutch will fit. I agree though save up for the right shoes/springs for the stock Clutch. Do you not have a track near you or at least a big parking lot? Probably less danger of Walmart cars than on the street? Just sayin'
Kinda new to the area so I haven't got to explore to much for good parking lots. I live just east of Roanoke VA and there isn't anything near me even for off-road. I have to drive all the way down to NC for that. Trying to buy between 10 and 20 acres for an off-road track.
dan_vector likes this.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Wing Size

Anyone know the wing size to be ROAR compliant?
All I found in the rule book was "Wings and spoilers can be used if they are the original with the body and cut on the factory lines."
Old 05-20-2017, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by triple7s
Anyone know the wing size to be ROAR compliant?
All I found in the rule book was "Wings and spoilers can be used if they are the original with the body and cut on the factory lines."
No size but exactly what the rule says. Only use the wing that comes with the body and cut it on the lines. I'm pretty sure you can cut it smaller than the lines just not bigger.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Bodies for cobra GT

Hi guys,
First post on here (I usually find anything I need through searching). Struggling with this though. I need a new body and wanted to know pro's and cons of these bodies:
Jz flow
Alpha r6
Sweep gt body

I'm from Australia and nobody anywhere seems to stock them. But a friend is flying to the states soon and can pick one up. I just need to know which to choose and why? Pros and cons of each and characteristics of each when driving slower/faster tracks if anybody knows?
Old 06-11-2017, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Quiet in this thread. Hope everyone is having fun racing.
Old 06-12-2017, 01:21 AM
Tech Elite

Quiet in this thread. Hope everyone is having fun racing.
Not much to say really. The car is brilliant and we've got a great setup now. Another TQ and win last weekend for me at our UK national race.
petersen114 likes this.
Old 06-12-2017, 01:23 AM
Tech Elite

The only thing I've done is put the updated 2speed housing and improve white shoes. These made a big difference to the gearbox. I'm also now on the yellow clutch shoes too which have been great so far.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Set up

Can you share the set up sheet with us and the up grade parts and part #'s please!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.