Search
Like Tree99Likes

Serpent Cobra GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 184 (99%+)

Originally Posted by KR145
What's the body of preference of all u guys?

I ran the Sweep body early in the season(last summer up here in the NW) and then the Alpha for the TZGP. I like the looks of the Alpha better but it seemed maybe the Sweep Had better steering? ?

Any thoughts from the pro' s would be cool. P
Looking forward to our approaching season and trying to cure the winter blues by prepping my nitro for Spring. Can't Wait

Thankx,
Kevin
Here in SoCal most of the GT guys running Blitz Body.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I really like the Blitz and the Sweep body with the Blitz seeming to have the most overall downforce.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

gt for sale from roller to turn key how ever you want it pm for price and pictures
Quail 3rd at nationals and 4th at pan american race only two races after rebuild
Old 01-30-2015, 02:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default droop

Can someone please post the best way to setup/ measure droop on this car? thanks
Old 01-31-2015, 08:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by astgerma52sp
Can someone please post the best way to setup/ measure droop on this car? thanks
Take the wheels off. Set the chassis flat on your choice of surface and measure from the bottom of the arm out by the knuckles. Most important is keeping how you measure it consistent. Don't be scared to run very little droop the car likes to be flat.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
Take the wheels off. Set the chassis flat on your choice of surface and measure from the bottom of the arm out by the knuckles. Most important is keeping how you measure it consistent. Don't be scared to run very little droop the car likes to be flat.
Shocks and sway bars remain attached? How do you read and record the numbers? What's a good starting point? Thanks
Old 02-01-2015, 11:14 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by astgerma52sp
Shocks and sway bars remain attached? How do you read and record the numbers? What's a good starting point? Thanks
Its good to get in the habit of loosening the sway bars. Shocks shouldn't really change your readings unless you have resistance in them that is out of the ordinary.

There are two ways in which I do droop one for on and one for off road. For on road I use a ride height gauge. Pretty simple application that is quick and easy to check. You can go the off road method and use a set of calipers to measure full shock length but that is a bit more intense than you really need to go with the GT car.

Starting point depends on your setup. I run a very flat stiff car that has very little droop much like a lot of the Team Drivers. I find the car to be very responsive and great with traction by doing so.

Droop is a very powerful adjustment to the GT car and can get you a great start in a good setup. I have found that as you gain more traction through other adjustments you need less and less droop with the GT. The flatter I can set my car the more it is stuck. I would suggest the following setup to start with. Fine tune from this for your racing surface.

http://serpent.com/file.php?FileID=6015
Old 02-01-2015, 12:40 PM
Tech Addict

Default drop

I was using one of Morganti's setups as a base but couldn't really determine how he was coming up with his droop number. Thanks for the feedback I'll try Liu's setup next weekend and compare to see which one works best.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Any info out there on Alpha RC GT8 tires? I can get them through Serpent cheaper than I can get Sweep tires. But there's not much description on them beyond ultra soft, soft, medium, qualy 3, qualy5, and qualy6. What are the temp ratings for each, and what is different about the 'qualy' tires? Want to try them out if I get to run asphalt this summer, but not sure what to get.
Old 02-13-2015, 05:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
Any info out there on Alpha RC GT8 tires? I can get them through Serpent cheaper than I can get Sweep tires. But there's not much description on them beyond ultra soft, soft, medium, qualy 3, qualy5, and qualy6. What are the temp ratings for each, and what is different about the 'qualy' tires? Want to try them out if I get to run asphalt this summer, but not sure what to get.
We have run the Alpha tires along with the Sweep tires, I would compare them as follows:

Alpha medium = Sweep 55
Alpha soft = Sweep 50
Alpha ultra soft = Sweep 45
Don't know much about the qualy tires but do know they are suppose to be the softer tires. Most guys are running the softs and the ultra soft. Hope this was helpful
Old 02-13-2015, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chaderick
We have run the Alpha tires along with the Sweep tires, I would compare them as follows:

Alpha medium = Sweep 55
Alpha soft = Sweep 50
Don't know much about the qualy tires but do know they are suppose to be the softer tires. Most guys are running the softs and the ultra soft. Hope this was helpful
Thanks, that helps a lot. I was using Sweep 45 and 50 last summer, depending on full sun and air temp, so I'll also try the ultra soft and soft.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chaderick

Alpha medium = Sweep 55
Alpha soft = Sweep 50
Slight correction Chad:

Alpha hard = Sweep 55
Alpha medium = Sweep 50
Alpha soft = Sweep 45
Alpha ultra soft = Sweep 40
Old 02-14-2015, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Flyin Hawaiian1
Slight correction Chad:

Alpha hard = Sweep 55
Alpha medium = Sweep 50
Alpha soft = Sweep 45
Alpha ultra soft = Sweep 40
I agree with the 'flyin Hawaiian"......

The quali's I have heard are rated (Their number) for their "longevity??!"
Which to be honest is strange since why would we even want a tire that only last's 3 or 5 minutes??
They are, through experience, softer compounds then the soft's and ultra softs and worked very well in the cold weather!

Regards
BM
Old 02-15-2015, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

Need opinion on deciding on putting an clocked 28-7 in serpent cobra gt.. Or in another nitro vehicle beside a truggy. 28-7 for speed runs parking lot bashing or should I go with a picco .21emx
Old 02-15-2015, 02:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default .25 nova

Originally Posted by lighttravler
Need opinion on deciding on putting an clocked 28-7 in serpent cobra gt.. Or in another nitro vehicle beside a truggy. 28-7 for speed runs parking lot bashing or should I go with a picco .21emx
If you are interested i have a roma .25 with header and pipe for 250.00 its a novarossi pm for more info that include shipping.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.