Like Tree99Likes

Serpent Cobra GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default LRP SERPENT GT ARM BRACES V1

Ok guys these are pics of the LRP SERPENT GT ARM BRACES V1
I took these photos with my phone not professional grade.

But this shows what you get in the kit.

Kit includes:

2 Front 2 Rear Braces
These arm braces are made of G10. Just as strong and as light as carbon fiber.
Hardware (14) M3x12mm screws to mount to your original arm.
LRP and GT8SPORTS.COM stickers
All in a reusable plastic bag.

To install you will only need a 3 /32 drill bit to make pilot holes for mounting hardware. They are bolted under your existing arms, they can be installed while car is built. Just remove the wheels so you have room to hold brace flush and true to your existing arm, while you drill pilot hole.

*Tip* Hold arm flush and true to an edge on your original arm make first pilot hole and put mounting screw in it. This will hold brace in place and give you some adjustability to make sure your are straight, then continue one hole at a time drill and insert screw one at a time.

I will have better pics and instruction video on site GT8SPORTS.COM

The price for a complete set/kit is $60 Shipped to Lower 48 States

I will do over sea shipping and International but additional cost will be applied.

At this time I can only accept payment via PayPal to:
[email protected]

Please contact me before sending payment, I only have a few sets left from first batch. More are being produced and take usually a week to have in stock.

I appreciate everyone's patience and interest, we will continue to bring you race quality upgrades and products.

Thanks
Tony Luna-Tic
Attached Thumbnails Serpent Cobra GT-img_2013050323526.jpg   Serpent Cobra GT-img_2013050319627.jpg  
Old 05-05-2013, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

Cobra GT wins again!

Phil Trotta takes the Tri State Challenge

Congrats
Old 05-08-2013, 12:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Counting the hours. UPS tracking shows my Serpent Cobra GT is in Vancovuer and will arrive tomorrow!

I have printed out Paolo's setups from last summer. Are there any newer setups available from the last few races?

Troy
Old 05-08-2013, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Troy Mckune
Originally Posted by Troy Mckune
Counting the hours. UPS tracking shows my Serpent Cobra GT is in Vancovuer and will arrive tomorrow!

I have printed out Paolo's setups from last summer. Are there any newer setups available from the last few races?

Troy
Sure hope you build it this time!!!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hello Luna, long time no see. You've been very busy I can see.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Question on steering servos choice.

Second time now, my Savox 1258 has taken a dump. First time sounded like the amp had fried, this time the whole unit has done random !!

What are the experiences out there for servos, ie what's best for GT8 ??

Thanks,

Jacko
Old 05-09-2013, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Victor Vector

Second time now, my Savox 1258 has taken a dump. First time sounded like the amp had fried, this time the whole unit has done random !!

Thanks,

Jacko

Hey bud I am not Sponsored or represent this company in any way, this is my opinion from actual race testing and experience.

RADIO POST!
The GREEN ones are by far the BEST servos I have ever owned.
I have been running the original same (2) in my GT8 cars for past 2yrs with no issues what so ever.

I run one for steering and one for throttle/brake. These bad boys are nice you can run Lipos on them with no problems and the torque and speed is more then enough for any pro level racing.

Attached pic shows them in my Cobra GT8
Attached Thumbnails Serpent Cobra GT-20130114_023510.jpg  
Old 05-09-2013, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
Hello Luna, long time no see. You've been very busy I can see.
Whats up brotha yep been a bit..
Just doing my thing, thats all.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tonylunatic
Hey bud I am not Sponsored or represent this company in any way, this is my opinion from actual race testing and experience.

RADIO POST!
The GREEN ones are by far the BEST servos I have ever owned.
I have been running the original same (2) in my GT8 cars for past 2yrs with no issues what so ever.

I run one for steering and one for throttle/brake. These bad boys are nice you can run Lipos on them with no problems and the torque and speed is more then enough for any pro level racing.

Attached pic shows them in my Cobra GT8
Thanks Tony..........green ones ?? Gotta look up new stuff !! How do they relate to the Savox 1258 in my question........other than better.

Jacko
Old 05-09-2013, 07:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks,

Jacko

Jacko,

I also was running the Savox 1258 for my brake/throttle and steering and was having those same issues (steering servo seemed to dump on me). First I thought is was the servo so I switched it out but then it dumped again so I bought a new hump pack and put the servo back and sure enough it did it several more times. Not sure if this is true or not but I've been told the Savox servos draw a bit too much and are hard on the battery packs. After going though a 2700 AA hump pack and a 1600 hump pack (both ended up with a couple of bad cells and kept dumping on me, I'm assuming from running the Savox servos) I have switched out the steering servo to a KO and put in a new 2700 Mah LiPo with a voltage regulator and have had absolutely zero issues. Ran all day last Saturday at a local club race, took 1st on all 3 qualifiers and 1st in the A-main by more than a lap and all on a single charge. That also included 3+ practice runs between qualifying rounds. Maybe some others will shed some light on the Savox servos for us. For now I'm sticking with my KO and Futaba servos.

Regards,

D
Old 05-09-2013, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Tony..........green ones ?? Gotta look up new stuff !! How do they relate to the Savox 1258 in my question........other than better.

Jacko
Well assuming your sevo is the 1258TG, I personally think that it lacks in the torque for GT8 racing. For any 1/8 scale car I would always get something with 220+oz of torque. The torque is your holding power. Hence trying to hold a line in your GT8 car in a large sweeper will put a work out on your servo, its like trying to hold a heavy weight up right for a period of time.Plus all the continues steering.

Your specs for 1258TG are all rated to 6.0volts, that tells me it might not be Lipo friendly which is 7.4volts up to 8.4volt. Speed @ 6.0v is 0.08/60* Torque @ 6.0v is 166oz
Gears are titanium and runs a 12bit resolution.

The resolution is the processing speed of board in servo, the higher the better. Think of it as RAM in your home computer.

The Radio Post guys did things a bit different then most or any I know of yet. First they are the only ones in rc using robot technology actuators and 32bit resolution boards. The actuators are based off industrial grade robots like the ones in manufacturing plants. These are designed for continues and regular use.

All Radio Post servos are rated at 6.0v and 7.4v with normal operating 4.8-8.4v and are Lipo friendly. Speed @6.0v is 0.08 @7.4v is 0.07 ==Torque @6.0v is 249oz @7.4v is 305oz

They both use 25t spines so you can use the same servo horns.
Both have aluminum cases for heat.

Radio Post does also have aluminum ears/tabs that are screwed on to case not built as one together, so they can be replaced need be.

Overall your 1258TG just seems a bit under rated for your GT8 racing.Can tell you I stop carrying extra servos after buying my RadioPost. When anyone ask I always recommend what I have tried and tested.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Jacko
Jacko,

Go with Radiopost green (Multi type) servo for bothe steering and throttle/brake on your GT car then just forget about them.......yes they are that good!
Old 05-09-2013, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bassman2
Jacko,

Go with Radiopost green (Multi type) servo for bothe steering and throttle/brake on your GT car then just forget about them.......yes they are that good!
Ahha. All coming clear now......thanks for the feed back. Looks like it's not so much a fault with the Savox servo but me expecting too much from them. I did think they were the flavour of the month last year though.

So what's the specific Radio Post item I need please ??

Thanks Toni and Andy..........

Jacko
Old 05-09-2013, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

See my issue below please, im running Savox 2271SG servos. Same combo Mike Lyday uses.

So im running this radio And im having a problem, and its not the radio.

In a nitro GT car, im using two Savox High voltage servos. First I ran a hump raciever pack. Full charge would show low voltage on the radio telemetory. Pull the battery and its fully charged.

Then I got a Trakpower lipo now it will go about 15 minutes, before it shows low voltage, pull the battery takes 800MAH its a 2700.

And when it shows low voltage if u just wait a sec it will go back to oh 7.88 then u start driving again and a minute later shows low and stops fail safe.

So the lipo was a big improvment. But no where near right.

These servos must draw so much, it robs from the receiver and thinks its low right?

So the last resort would be a glitch buster?

If I did it again I wouldnt get HV servos no need for them really.

Thanks
Old 05-09-2013, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FastPete
See my issue below please, im running Savox 2271SG servos. Same combo Mike Lyday uses.

So im running this radio And im having a problem, and its not the radio.

In a nitro GT car, im using two Savox High voltage servos. First I ran a hump raciever pack. Full charge would show low voltage on the radio telemetory. Pull the battery and its fully charged.

Then I got a Trakpower lipo now it will go about 15 minutes, before it shows low voltage, pull the battery takes 800MAH its a 2700.

And when it shows low voltage if u just wait a sec it will go back to oh 7.88 then u start driving again and a minute later shows low and stops fail safe.to

So the lipo was a big improvment. But no where near right.

These servos must draw so much, it robs from the receiver and thinks its low right?

So the last resort would be a glitch buster?

If I did it again I wouldnt get HV servos no need for them really.

Thanks
I have heard these servos do draw some power, but nothing like your experiencing.

Servos any servo will only draw big power if there is something binding. Check your steering and linkages. Your steering should be very smooth and easy to turn side to side, check linkages make sure they dont get hung up.

I would also try a different RX, and are you using a regulator? If your Rx can handle up to 8.4v and your servos are HV you should NOT be using a regulator. Regulator only needed if Radio RX only can be used up to 6.0v.then it is pointless to use HV servos cause your bringing down volts before it gets to servo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.