Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree99Likes

Serpent Cobra GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (98%+)

I'm about to head out with my new GT for a race weekend, which spare parts or option parts should I stock up on? What's breaking out there? Ideas... thoughts...
Old 05-02-2013, 05:43 AM
Tech Initiate

In the short few months that I've had my GT8 I haven't broken a single part. The car has been very solid for me although I will admit that mine has a lot of the aluminum hop ups. The only things I have had to change due to break is a stripped gear and that was completely my fault.

I have seen the plastic servo saver wear a bit causing some slop and I know a lot of guys elect the stiffer spring for improved steering. Other than that, having spares for set up changes is what I see most at our local track of a dozen or so GT8 racers.

I'll let the more experienced guys respond on set up parts or other concerns, but in my experience the Serpent GT8 is pretty solid.

Good luck at the races!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BardSmith
I'm about to head out with my new GT for a race weekend, which spare parts or option parts should I stock up on? What's breaking out there? Ideas... thoughts...

I have not broken a part but you must make sure you lock tight certain places extra careful. Like the pinions in the front and rear differentials and the pins in the wheel hubs.

As far as hop ups aluminum clutch shoes. At least two matched with two carbon ( stock shoes ). Heavy clutch spring for the Aluminum shoes

If you need more turn in off power. 10 degree front caster blocks with zero degree knuckles

Also aluminum bulkhead for brakes with upgraded brakes. They don't fade ..

You can get everything from Desoto Racing ....
Old 05-02-2013, 08:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by chaderick
My Serpent was awesome this weekend at the Novarossi Challenge. We had over 25+ entries in GT8 and the majority were Serpents. Prior to the race I replaced my year old front control arms due to them warping from use. I got to the track and after Round 1 of qualifying I saw that Tony Luna w/ Lunatic Racing Products had a set of control arm braces that he invented on his Serpent. I bought a set from him and was amazed on the difference it made on my car. I was surprised how much my control arms straightened out. Even the new front arms had some signs of straightening. What I noticed before even putting the car on the track was that my setup changed due to the condition of the arms prior to installing the braces. I had to reevaluate my current ride hide and droop before the next qualifier. What I found is that my setup values had changed and I made the necessary adjustments. Even though the track conditions slowed the qualifying times I noticed immediately that the car turned better in the corners and made it more precise under high speed turns. What I like about the braces is the better feel for the car, the fact that I won't have to replace arms due to them warping under loads, and my setup will be more accurate from here on. I will post a photo of the braces tonight. These braces will soon be available thru Lunatic Racing Products (LRP) and will be available at GT8sports.com soon!!
Thanks Tony!! See you at the Texas Biggie on Memorial Day at Rendon, TX!
+1 on the LRP arm braces. I've been running these on my car the last month and have realized improvements in the corners as Chad mentioned. I also have the RC Shox 2-stage pistons on my GT8. Last weekend was the 1st race with the Arm Braces & 2-stage pistons and they both performed great. My laptime have become more consistent since these additions. Now it's time to figure out a way to get faster.

Daniel
Old 05-02-2013, 03:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dortiz68
+1 on the LRP arm braces. I've been running these on my car the last month and have realized improvements in the corners as Chad mentioned. I also have the RC Shox 2-stage pistons on my GT8. Last weekend was the 1st race with the Arm Braces & 2-stage pistons and they both performed great. My laptime have become more consistent since these additions. Now it's time to figure out a way to get faster.

Daniel

Where can you get the braces?
Old 05-02-2013, 04:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by jmoneym
Where can you get the braces?
Contact Tony Luna @ GT8sports.com
Old 05-02-2013, 05:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Who has the best price for the gt kit?
Old 05-02-2013, 11:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (98%+)

Originally Posted by JACK HAMMER
I have not broken a part but you must make sure you lock tight certain places extra careful. Like the pinions in the front and rear differentials and the pins in the wheel hubs.

As far as hop ups aluminum clutch shoes. At least two matched with two carbon ( stock shoes ). Heavy clutch spring for the Aluminum shoes

If you need more turn in off power. 10 degree front caster blocks with zero degree knuckles

Thanks for info JackH. Do you please have part numbers for the aluminum bulkhead for brakes with upgraded brakes? Do you mean the center diff holder?
Old 05-03-2013, 02:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Changing Pinions

Hi guy's this may seem a dumb question so please forgive.

On the GT clutch bells to remove the first & second gear pinions.
What tool do you use to hold the actual clutch bell??

I tried using a pair of pliers, but that started to distort the clutch bell itself.

Cheers Darren
Old 05-03-2013, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Hi guys I have had several people contact me for LRP "LUNATIC Racing Products"
and just want to give everyone the same information.

I am the owner of LRP, Tony Luna. I am an avid racer and have been in the sport /hobby for over 15+yrs. With the help of manufacturer RCShox "MantisWorx" we have and are designing and making new hop up parts for the Serpent Cobra GT as well as other tools and accessories. List below of current and up coming products.

LRP Serpent GT Braces v1 original arms "Available now"
LRP Serpent GT Braces v2 wide track" Coming soon"
LRP Universal Setup Board "Available now"
LRP Rubber Tire Juice "In Production"
LRP Pit Caddy "Coming soon"
LRP Tire/Setup System Carry Case "Coming Soon"
MUCH MORE IN THE WORKS!!

The LRP Line of products will be sold and distributed to select dealers by WWW.GT8SPORTS.COM

Gt8sports.com is being built to be a Premium Racers online store for GT8 racers.

This site is up but currently being revised. Should be up and running in a few weeks.
Until them you can contact me here via pm or post for any information.

I also want to THANK my fellow racers and customers for the reviews on current products. Your feedback will help us to continue to improve and grow our products.

Thanks
Tony LunaTic
Old 05-03-2013, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JACK HAMMER

I can vouch for being careful about the pins on the wheel hubs. Apparently they are a different size then Ofna & some of the other cars so when you loose one you may have a short day.

Mine has only seen about 30min of track time but so far no breakage (other then the lost pin). Hoping to log a fair amount of time in this weekend as well!
Old 05-03-2013, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BardSmith
Thanks for info JackH. Do you please have part numbers for the aluminum bulkhead for brakes with upgraded brakes? Do you mean the center diff holder?
Center diff holder alu: 600286 - $49.36
Brake set Pro for Cobra: 600345 - $46.16

Prices are from Desoto Racing
Old 05-03-2013, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dortiz68

Daniel
The LRP arm braces do work well. Especially around the sweepers. Give it a try folks.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonylunatic
Hi guys I have had several people contact me for LRP "LUNATIC Racing Products"
and just want to give everyone the same information.

I am the owner of LRP, Tony Luna. I am an avid racer and have been in the sport /hobby for over 15+yrs. With the help of manufacturer RCShox "MantisWorx" we have and are designing and making new hop up parts for the Serpent Cobra GT as well as other tools and accessories. List below of current and up coming products.

LRP Serpent GT Braces v1 original arms "Available now"
LRP Serpent GT Braces v2 wide track" Coming soon"
LRP Universal Setup Board "Available now"
LRP Rubber Tire Juice "In Production"
LRP Pit Caddy "Coming soon"
LRP Tire/Setup System Carry Case "Coming Soon"
MUCH MORE IN THE WORKS!!

The LRP Line of products will be sold and distributed to select dealers by WWW.GT8SPORTS.COM

Gt8sports.com is being built to be a Premium Racers online store for GT8 racers.

This site is up but currently being revised. Should be up and running in a few weeks.
Until them you can contact me here via pm or post for any information.

I also want to THANK my fellow racers and customers for the reviews on current products. Your feedback will help us to continue to improve and grow our products.

Thanks
Tony LunaTic
Any pics of these braces?
Old 05-03-2013, 09:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by FastPete
Any pics of these braces?
TeamC version but Cobra's look the same.
http://www.rcshox.com/gt8-arm-braces/

Tony is working on his actual pix this weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.