Search
Like Tree99Likes

Serpent Cobra GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
team mugen...............

Thanks for the race video. That first six minutes with 1 and 2 was intense. Showed some great driving AND sportsmanship. That sure looked like a great bunch of 'happy racers'.

I know that will get 'Bassman's' juices flowing !!!!!

I am also curious as to which Nova engines you guys are using........

Thanks

Thanks bro. It was great first race of GT. I use the nova bonito tuned n others use the btt world champ. Its great.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DRRC
Good racing
How new is the track? I have been to GP raceway and race at CV when there but where is this track located
Might go this summer and try it out

If I remember edward you were at the TC Elec World championships at Thailand and heard you did well
congratulations
Drrc- track just officially open about a month ago n its near mindanao ave. . Thanks
Old 04-24-2013, 01:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm building the car and I have a question concerning the diffs, in the manual it shows a thin shim that goes between the O-ring and the pin that holds the outdrive/diff gear. I did not have that shim in my kit, I’m guessing that a shim actually does not go there. I have had other kits that show a shim in the manual, but there is not one in the kit.

Thanks
Old 04-24-2013, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

does any one if you can change gear combination or not on the cobra and if so how? it seems i can place a 16/20 on my cobra. thanks.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mcsquish
I'm building the car and I have a question concerning the diffs, in the manual it shows a thin shim that goes between the O-ring and the pin that holds the outdrive/diff gear. I did not have that shim in my kit, I’m guessing that a shim actually does not go there. I have had other kits that show a shim in the manual, but there is not one in the kit.

Thanks
i believe it was mentioned pages back but the original kits took the shim bc it had different gears i believe was the reason. regardless you dont need the shims you can just put it together.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

my 2 speed seems to have a bit of play forward and back. enough that the outdrive clipped the corner of the radio tray. im running the plastic 2 speed holder. will the aluminum help this? anyway to shim the play out? thanks
Old 04-24-2013, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mcsquish

Thanks
The v1 version diff gears used the washers. The v2 version of the diff gears do not use the washer. If your kit is newish it won't have/use the washers.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 1966ss
my 2 speed seems to have a bit of play forward and back. enough that the outdrive clipped the corner of the radio tray. im running the plastic 2 speed holder. will the aluminum help this? anyway to shim the play out? thanks
Use 600354 or 600356 shims to take the excess play out.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the replies.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:41 AM
Tech Regular

Cobra GTs dominated Nova Challenge in Porter, TX taking the top 3 spots in Qualifying and the Main.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by desotoracing
Cobra GTs dominated Nova Challenge in Porter, TX taking the top 3 spots in Qualifying and the Main.

Desoto it's a guy in the "onroad recommendation thread". Looking to buy a cobra gt. might wanna make him a offer he can't refuse. His avatar is "dropabomb"
Old 04-29-2013, 11:23 AM
Tech Adept

My Serpent was awesome this weekend at the Novarossi Challenge. We had over 25+ entries in GT8 and the majority were Serpents. Prior to the race I replaced my year old front control arms due to them warping from use. I got to the track and after Round 1 of qualifying I saw that Tony Luna w/ Lunatic Racing Products had a set of control arm braces that he invented on his Serpent. I bought a set from him and was amazed on the difference it made on my car. I was surprised how much my control arms straightened out. Even the new front arms had some signs of straightening. What I noticed before even putting the car on the track was that my setup changed due to the condition of the arms prior to installing the braces. I had to reevaluate my current ride height and droop before the next qualifier. What I found is that my setup values had changed and I made the necessary adjustments. Even though the track conditions slowed the qualifying times I noticed immediately that the car turned better in the corners and made it more precise under high speed turns. What I like about the braces is the better feel for the car, the fact that I won't have to replace arms due to them warping under loads, and my setup will be more accurate from here on. I will post a photo of the braces tonight. These braces will soon be available thru Lunatic Racing Products (LRP) and will be available at GT8sports.com soon!!
Thanks Tony!! See you at the Texas Biggie on Memorial Day at Rendon, TX!

Last edited by chaderick; 05-05-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
Desoto it's a guy in the "onroad recommendation thread". Looking to buy a cobra gt. might wanna make him a offer he can't refuse. His avatar is "dropabomb"
Why aren't you getting one??
I have 2 cobras, one for me that is hooked up and one for Scotty not hooked up so I can kick his butt!!
Probably the only time I can beat him though: sneaky:

Last edited by Team STPN; 04-30-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by chaderick
My Serpent was awesome this weekend at the Novarossi Challenge. We had over 25+ entries in GT8 and the majority were Serpents. Prior to the race I replaced my year old front control arms due to them warping from use. I got to the track and after Round 1 of qualifying I saw that Tony Luna w/ Lunatic Racing Products had a set of control arm braces that he invented on his Serpent. I bought a set from him and was amazed on the difference it made on my car. I was surprised how much my control arms straightened out. Even the new front arms had some signs of straightening. What I noticed before even putting the car on the track was that my setup changed due to the condition of the arms prior to installing the braces. I had to reevaluate my current ride hide and droop before the next qualifier. What I found is that my setup values had changed and I made the necessary adjustments. Even though the track conditions slowed the qualifying times I noticed immediately that the car turned better in the corners and made it more precise under high speed turns. What I like about the braces is the better feel for the car, the fact that I won't have to replace arms due to them warping under loads, and my setup will be more accurate from here on. I will post a photo of the braces tonight. These braces will soon be available thru Lunatic Racing Products (LRP) and will be available at GT8sports.com soon!!
Thanks Tony!! See you at the Texas Biggie on Memorial Day at Rendon, TX!

I am glad you liked the arms, I originally designed them for the TeamC car for the same reasons and then realized that the Serpent arms needed help too! The 2 stage pistons help even more with corner speed and really plant the car, most noticeable in transitioning. BTW i need my pipe back for this weekend in brownsville, think you can ship it to me ASAP?
Old 04-30-2013, 12:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Congrats to Team IGT Hobbies driver Chad Kiffe for a 2nd place podium finish!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.