Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree99Likes

Serpent Cobra GT

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Adept

Default Serpent Edit Set-up Sheet??

Someone needs to inform Serpent that their download edit set-up sheet is incomplete. When you click on the spring color it checks numerous colors, cannot put a number value in the suspension tow adjustment inserts, missing neg camber option for the front. Hopefully a Serpent driver sees this posting.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jedijawa
Folks, has anyone been sharing setups? I am setting up for a very tight track and would love to hear where others have found success.

For the very tight track I have found the following to help:

Springs: included yellow and purples in the kit in the prescribed locations
Shocks: #11 piston in the rear and #13 in the front with 80# in the rear and 60# oil in the front
Zero toe
30K diff front 10K diff rear
#6 inserts on toe and castor in the rear, #0 inserts on the front for both as well
Zero droop in the front, 4mm in the rear

The car is turning really well except for a slight off power push.

Anyone else learning how to set this car up well for tight turning?

Thanks in advance,
-Adam
Get the 10 degree caster blocks and that will help with tight tracks and your off power push.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chaderick
Someone needs to inform Serpent that their download edit set-up sheet is incomplete. When you click on the spring color it checks numerous colors, cannot put a number value in the suspension tow adjustment inserts, missing neg camber option for the front. Hopefully a Serpent driver sees this posting.
They are aware now. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jasoncb
Get the 10 degree caster blocks and that will help with tight tracks and your off power push.
Got it! Thanks!
Old 06-22-2012, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Cobra GT is ready for the track!!! Now, just have to find time to get to one!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Serpent Cobra GT-serpent-cobra-gt.jpg   Serpent Cobra GT-serpent-cobra-gt-pic-2.jpg  
Old 06-25-2012, 12:08 AM
Tech Initiate

why do serpent recommend to put fuel line on the acceleration side of the throttle activating wire?
Attached Thumbnails Serpent Cobra GT-serp.jpeg  
Old 06-25-2012, 05:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theerm
why do serpent recommend to put fuel line on the acceleration side of the throttle activating wire?
To reduce slop in your linkages.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

It's Part a buggy thing. With buggies when at full throttle the fuel line prevents the linkage binding or overpowering the servi when the chassis flexes.

Not really needed in on road but an insurance...
Old 06-26-2012, 05:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Thank you Julius. I will be able to sleep tonight, I could not work it out. My brain hurt lol.
One more Question you may be able to help me with. Why do we put the 3mm set screw in the side of the rear upright and the side of the front steeringblock? ??

If You Can Help Me I Will Buy You A Beer. cheers mate.

I love my gt cobra
Old 06-26-2012, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

Thank you Julius. I will be able to sleep tonight, I could not work it out. My brain hurt lol.
One more Question you may be able to help me with. Why do we put the 3mm set screw in the side of the rear upright and the side of the front steeringblock? ??

I love my gt cobra
I was wondering the same thing....
Old 06-27-2012, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

I love my gt cobra
There are a couple of areas that require these set screws, the reaason being to keep the pins and bearings in place. Be careful with the ones for the bearings. If you tighten them too much they put pressure on the bearing and that in turn puts pressure on the wheel shaft which will not allow the car to roll freely.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys what body seems to be working on this car?

-C
Old 06-27-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by austindiver

-C
IMO the Protofrom PF8 is a good all around body for this class. The rear wing gives the car plenty of rear plant while the front deflector gives the car plenty of steering. I've also run a Porsche 911 body and Ferrari F430 with my Kyosho IGT and they seem to work well with a slight edge on the F430 but that body is really hard to find anywhere. I know there are plenty of other bodies out there including the Warrior and the Alpha bodies but my personal preference has been to stay with a body that looks like a real GT car.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by austindiver

-C
At the Byron's race, A-main cars had the Alpha, Ofna McLaren, Kyosho 911, Warrior and Protoform PF8 ........ All ran quick but the Alpha really fits the car very well.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I love my gt cobra
It's to keep the hingepins from turning in the blocks/hibs, which will eventually cause the holes in the blocks/hubs from becoming larger, making the hingepin fit sloppy. Since the hingepin can't rotate in the block/hub, it rotates (and eventually wears) the holes in the arms, causing them to get sloppy. However, the arms are cheaper to replace, and are already subject to wear and bending for other reasons, and are considered consumable parts. As also posted, the setscrews also help retain the hingepins. The use of these setscrews is pretty standard on offroad buggies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.