Serpent Cobra GT >

Serpent Cobra GT

Like Tree99Likes

Serpent Cobra GT

Old 06-06-2012, 06:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skaidragon
Anyone, can I put an on-road engine on this GT?
You can put any .21 to .28 engine in these GT cars. As long as your gearing and pipe/header/clutch selections are setup for the particular engine you are running (onroad or offroad engine).
Old 06-06-2012, 06:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Thumbs up GT

Originally Posted by bassman2
You can put any .21 to .28 engine in these GT cars. As long as your gearing and pipe/header/clutch selections are setup for the particular engine you are running (onroad or offroad engine).
Thanks!!! Bassman2!!!
Old 06-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Tech Adept

Just got my Cobra GT from IGTHobbies today!!!! Two days to build and headed to Gulf Coast Raceway for some test and tune with my boy!
Old 06-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Where is everyone getting tires? GT tires must be the hardest thing to get. Can not find Alpha softs anywhere. Everyone is out of stock!
Old 06-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default tail lights

gonzo i guess new gt bro! still don't mean you going to pass me bro i'm getting all that practice time in b4 the byron race
Old 06-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by djmorales
gonzo i guess new gt bro! still don't mean you going to pass me bro i'm getting all that practice time in b4 the byron race
your right jose is he racing at portage also?
Old 06-07-2012, 06:17 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Cobra GT is all together.. Going to track today for some test & tune!!! Also will have the 747 out there too (;
Old 06-07-2012, 06:36 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm really curious to see one of these go myself. Just getting back into hobbies after a loonnnng hiatus and I always wanted a Serpent.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

I went to the track today with a friend with our Cobra GT cars.. I ran about six laps and then then rain started pouring but I was interested in the cornering of the car and I must say it corners like a 10 scale I will be going back out in the morning with my Cobra if it does not rain.. Hands down to Serpent for another great car...
Old 06-08-2012, 05:43 AM
Tech Adept

Default DIFF HELP!!!!!!!!!!

What is the trick to get the diff mesh right. I was hoping a high dollar kit like the Serpent there would be no need for diff shims. I have tried one and each side, two on the left none on the right, two on the right non on the left, one on the right none on the left, one on the left none on the right, none on the left none on the right. The diff mesh doesn't feel smooth to me. It seems to be at it's best when I put two shims on the side opposite the 44t gear but still not at my liking. Is this normal????

Last edited by chaderick; 06-08-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:48 AM
Tech Regular

Same here. I went with no shims on either side, mesh was too tight. Once you put it on the chassis it fits nicely. I was going to ask if anybody dis the same. I'm taking my time with the kit 3.5 hrs so far and I only have the rear assembly done. I'm not having any problems except I might need a new 2.0 hex driver when I'm done with the build. Plastics are tight.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Taking my time as well. Rear assembly is completed. I tried the shims several different ways on the diff and finally felt is was a bit better without them at all since the fit was so good. Once I have it all together and make some practice runs I may take the front and rear assemblies back off and double check the diffs just to be sure mesh is good with the ring and pinion.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by chaderick
What is the trick to get the diff mesh right. I was hoping a high dollar kit like the Serpent there would be no need for diff shims. I have tried one and each side, two on the left none on the right, two on the right non on the left, one on the right none on the left, one on the left none on the right, none on the left none on the right. The diff mesh doesn't feel smooth to me. It seems to be at it's best when I put two shims on the side opposite the 44t gear but still not at my liking. Is this normal????
I had a similar issue, but mine, was one philips screw of the three- which holds the inner bearing inside the diff case causing an issue. It is directly in-line with the 44 tooth gear of the diff. I just rechecked them, and tightened up the phillips screws- and that fixed my issue. Now I'm using one shim on the opposite side of the 44 tooth gear.
Might be something to look at.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jasoncb
Where is everyone getting tires? GT tires must be the hardest thing to get. Can not find Alpha softs anywhere. Everyone is out of stock!
Try Bruckner hobbies. They have Alpha white rims in super-soft, medium and hard shores (no soft shore available at the moment). Just ordered two sets myself. Nice price too, $29.99/pair!
Old 06-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chaderick
Had same issue with diff gear mesh as others. I tried different combinations and could not tell any real difference. I ended up putting two shims opposite side of the 44t gear.

What's up with those plastic 3mm nuts? Those had to go and replaced with steel 3mm nylon lock nuts. Just picky minor stuff. I also had issues with the flanged 3mm screws, metal seem too soft and strip easily, specially if using a power driver.

All in all I'm extremely impressed with the car, it will certainly take the GT class to a much higher level, we will no longer be the bashers wannabe racers. It will not surprise me to see more GT than sedan entries at our local races

Well done Serpent! Made us wait a long time, but wait was well worth it.

I'm putting the final touches on the car and planning on heading down to Mike's tomorrow to burn some rubber

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.