Like Tree77Likes

Serpent Cobra GT

Reply

Old 01-21-2013, 01:04 PM
  #406  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 600
Default

Originally Posted by tha Beast View Post
not worth the money it will cost ( I tried it ) your better off buying the kit
Correct! the cost of the chassis alone makes it hard to be worth it. The motor mounts in a different position from GT to Buggy. The buggy has more front weight bias than the GT. The shocks are expensive as well, they are unique for the GT. The buggy tank is 125 and GT is 150cc.
jneg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:03 AM
  #407  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 23
Default

Hello Guys, someone use the new anti-roll bar system in the cobra gt ??

This one



Any comments about this system??

Daniel Mazzara
Serpent Cobra GT
Venezuela
Maxy tell me joaquin de soto sr used in cobra gt, any comments ???

See you

Daniel Mazzara
Serpent Cobra GT
Venezuela
daninter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:13 AM
  #408  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 421
Default

Originally Posted by daninter View Post
Maxy tell me joaquin de soto sr used in cobra gt, any comments ???

See you

Daniel Mazzara
Serpent Cobra GT
Venezuela
Yes, we use it on the GT. It makes it faster and easier to change the anti-roll bar thickness. We like it.


desotoracing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:05 AM
  #409  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 23
Default

Thanks desotoracing, you know the most common setup for the wire in that system that you use in cobra gt cars??

Daniel Mazzara
Serpent Cobra GT
Venezuela
daninter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:27 AM
  #410  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 421
Default

Originally Posted by daninter View Post
Thanks desotoracing, you know the most common setup for the wire in that system that you use in cobra gt cars??

Daniel Mazzara
Serpent Cobra GT
Venezuela
We use the 2.3 or 2.5 in the front and 2.5 or 2.7 in the back.
desotoracing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:44 PM
  #411  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (121)
 
Tandum4056's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 768
Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)
Default

I picked one of these up and I am excited to start the build. Are there any areas of concern that i need to address or upgrades that I should buy?

Also, what is a good starting set-up for this car.
Tandum4056 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:53 PM
  #412  
Tech Fanatic
 
team mugen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 986
Default

Can anyone suggest a good diff and shock setup for the Nitro serpent GT. I tried the box setup but its so much understeer. Pushing on and off power. The track we are playing is a fast asphalt track with couple of Uturns and long straight. Thanks guys . I tried different sweep tires depends on the temp of the track but i am still not satisfied with the way the car turns.
team mugen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:16 PM
  #413  
Tech Regular
 
Team STPN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Roseville, Cal
Posts: 321
Default

Originally Posted by team mugen View Post
Can anyone suggest a good diff and shock setup for the Nitro serpent GT. I tried the box setup but its so much understeer. Pushing on and off power. The track we are playing is a fast asphalt track with couple of Uturns and long straight. Thanks guys . I tried different sweep tires depends on the temp of the track but i am still not satisfied with the way the car turns.
Try Alpha tires they are the way to go and use Paolo's set up on the serpent web site, great starting point. You can get the tires at Serpent America Desoto racing. If you don't want to buy the Alpha tires try saucing them up to soften them up.
Team STPN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:34 AM
  #414  
Tech Fanatic
 
team mugen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 986
Default

Originally Posted by Team STPN View Post
Try Alpha tires they are the way to go and use Paolo's set up on the serpent web site, great starting point. You can get the tires at Serpent America Desoto racing. If you don't want to buy the Alpha tires try saucing them up to soften them up.

Thanks for the info. Only sweep tires are available here n i have tried paolos set up on our track but its so much understeer pushing on n off power. Have you guys tried other diff n shock set ups that give you more steering? Thanks.
team mugen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:16 AM
  #415  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by team mugen View Post
Thanks for the info. Only sweep tires are available here n i have tried paolos set up on our track but its so much understeer pushing on n off power. Have you guys tried other diff n shock set ups that give you more steering? Thanks.

Where are you from ?, i work with Alpha RC Factory, maybe we can look for a dealer/distributor on your location so you can get better tires (OURS !) ...

regards,
Tabushi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:52 AM
  #416  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 421
Default

Originally Posted by team mugen View Post
Thanks for the info. Only sweep tires are available here n i have tried paolos set up on our track but its so much understeer pushing on n off power. Have you guys tried other diff n shock set ups that give you more steering? Thanks.
Try White springs in the front and Black springs in the back. Also, try the 0 deg alum steering blocks with the -1 or -2 hexes.
desotoracing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:12 AM
  #417  
Tech Fanatic
 
team mugen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 986
Default

Originally Posted by Tabushi View Post
Where are you from ?, i work with Alpha RC Factory, maybe we can look for a dealer/distributor on your location so you can get better tires (OURS !) ...

regards,
Originally Posted by desotoracing View Post
Try White springs in the front and Black springs in the back. Also, try the 0 deg alum steering blocks with the -1 or -2 hexes.
Tabushi- we are here in the philippines and 1/8 nitro GT is just starting with about 20 drivers . I just finished our onroad track with about 80meters straight x 30 meters. Will post a picture of the track. .

Desotoracing- will try that spring set up but what diff oil should i use in front n rear. . Thanks for the help.
team mugen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:46 AM
  #418  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 421
Default

Originally Posted by team mugen View Post
Tabushi- we are here in the philippines and 1/8 nitro GT is just starting with about 20 drivers . I just finished our onroad track with about 80meters straight x 30 meters. Will post a picture of the track. .

Desotoracing- will try that spring set up but what diff oil should i use in front n rear. . Thanks for the help.
We normally run 200k in the front and around 60k in the rear
desotoracing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:09 AM
  #419  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
D.a.v.e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South East, Michigan
Posts: 466
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Just started building my kit and was wondering what extra parts folks keep in their boxes for these? Its been a while since I've raced on-road so I'm sure I'll be bouncing around a bit on the track.
D.a.v.e is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:18 AM
  #420  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 600
Default

i haven't broken anything on my car. The only thing I broke and had to change was the Steering servo horn to aluminum.
jneg is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service