Search

Team C 1/8 GT car

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 04:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Totally Agree

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
A few points! You dont have to do ANYTHING to the car at all Tony won two events last year with a box stock long chassis car. I ran the season last year with a car that only had pistons, short towers and Ackerman bar and held my own. What you are seeing now is basically my personal R+D which is what The factory wants me to do, difference is that I post and relay information as i go, this is happening with all cars you just dont always see it! There will be a V2 car sometime this year, the quirks that i am working will be incorporated into the new version.
The ROAR rule is not set in stone and after talking to the powers that be, that rule more than likely will not exist. And on top of that who goes to ROAR events anyway, the biggest GT races throughout the year are Homestead and Joliet and they run open rules. If you ever go to a ROAR nitro race you probably wont do it again it is a royal PITA, not fun at all.
I am a racer first and foremost which means i want to win! We are in a "tenths" game where a simple camber change can put you in the A main or top of the B. So if i think Aunt Jemima syrup in my shocks will give me two tenths best believe i will put it in RC racing is all about the upgrades and putting what you like on your car to make it fit you, some like a stock cars some like every piece of BLING they can put on it and most are in between. Aftermarket parts is what feeds my family so it is in my best interest to find things that make cars faster. Plus , I just like doing it!! No cars are perfect out of the box , remember the factories also sell upgrade parts so kits are not designed to be perfect in the first place.
Very very true & can I place an order for your Aunt Jemima's special shock syrup please

Cheers Daz
Old 02-14-2014, 05:57 PM
Tech Addict

So will the "Version 2" have kick up to silence the haters and allow those who wish to compete in ROAR events? I like watching all the work you put on here its a cool process to see. I may be a Serpent guy but my first wins came with the Team C, it is a very capable car. Best of luck this season maybe I'll get to rub doors with you soon.

Oh and the sryup works much better on the tires
Old 02-14-2014, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TerribleTy

works even better in your competitions fuel bottle
Old 02-14-2014, 07:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
So will the "Version 2" have kick up to silence the haters and allow those who wish to compete in ROAR events? I like watching all the work you put on here its a cool process to see. I may be a Serpent guy but my first wins came with the Team C, it is a very capable car. Best of luck this season maybe I'll get to rub doors with you soon.

Well if it comes down to us having to add kickup on the chassis then they better specify how much! cant leave "grey area" in rules. Technically 1* is kick up
Old 02-14-2014, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Well if it comes down to us having to add kickup on the chassis then they better specify how much! cant leave "grey area" in rules. Technically 1* is kick up
I think it has to be the same kickup as the off road chassis the car is derived from...

I did notice something though, and I can't prove any correlation. Just a thing I noticed, also from my experience with 8th scale buggies. The GTs I have seen with 0 caster tend to have the rear wash out very easily. I saw the thing happen in cobras with the 0 degree caster block and kyoshos where the chassis had been flattened. It also took me some time before I found a good setup on my Team C.
It seems that the GTs with more than 10 degree caster behave more balanced out of the corners.

Last edited by Joe Kimble; 02-14-2014 at 08:43 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Joe Kimble
I think it has to be the same kickup as the off road chassis the car is derived from...

I did notice something though, and I can't prove any correlation. Just a thing I noticed, also from my little experience with 8th scale buggies. The GTs I have seen with 0 caster tend to have the rear wash out very easily. I saw the thing happen in cobras with the 0 degree caster block and kyoshos where the chassis had been flattened. It also took me some time before I found a good setup on my Team C.
It seems that the GTs with more than 10 degree caster behave more balanced out of the corners.
yea but they eat tires horribly! front kick up will transfer more weight to the front and make the cars squirrely on exit. The trick to 0 caster is how you setup the rear, the guys who were having issues with that did nto adjust rear roll center to compensate for the added initial turn in. I have chassis tuned a few Cobra's with 0 caster and got them to work fairly well. still not as planted as a flat chassis but good none the less.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:44 AM
Tech Champion

Gear testing went well yesterday! I ran about 2 liters breaking in a new engine but near the end i was able to push it a little bit. Still had a very high percentage of caster oil so power wasnt all there, but it still had decent speed. I am confident now that the helical gears are whats is holding back speed. I ran the car with no heat shield and the rear cvd stayed around 115* which is acceptable and should not melt the case. This coming weekend is the SWCS event so i will have more feedback. The gearing felt good, cant say that it was faster or slower( lap counter was not turned on and engine is new) but i do know that with anything under a 41t in stock config the car feels sluggish and that is around 8.6 FDR now i am at 8.0 FDR and it seems effortless.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Gear testing went well yesterday! I ran about 2 liters breaking in a new engine but near the end i was able to push it a little bit. Still had a very high percentage of caster oil so power wasnt all there, but it still had decent speed. I am confident now that the helical gears are whats is holding back speed. I ran the car with no heat shield and the rear cvd stayed around 115* which is acceptable and should not melt the case. This coming weekend is the SWCS event so i will have more feedback. The gearing felt good, cant say that it was faster or slower( lap counter was not turned on and engine is new) but i do know that with anything under a 41t in stock config the car feels sluggish and that is around 8.6 FDR now i am at 8.0 FDR and it seems effortless.
That is great news Marcus. Your R&D is greatly appreciated! (and I'm haapy I could make my small contribution ) I can't wait to get my conversion kit!
Old 02-15-2014, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jazza
Very very true & can I place an order for your Aunt Jemima's special shock syrup please

Cheers Daz
It's a sekrut!
Old 02-15-2014, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You all need to wake up Rocking G and get his car racing again. Will try to hit the first race here in Texas if not the 2nd for sure. Good Luck all!
Old 02-16-2014, 05:56 AM
jpn
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hope tho pic uploaded ...here is the pic where a drilled a hole to be able to fill spray grease to the bearings of the gearbox
Attached Thumbnails Team C 1/8 GT car-image.jpg  
Old 02-20-2014, 11:53 AM
Tech Champion

Ready for battle!! this weekend is the SWCS 2014 opener! Break in of my TOP rally .21+ is done and the gear conversion is working flawlessly, have been through 3liters almost back to back and i am using the same gear cases that i used in homestead! CVD temps have not been over 115*!

Old 02-20-2014, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Have you an updated list on all the hop-ups (if any) and R&D items you've been working on? And your fav. engine and body.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Ready for battle!! this weekend is the SWCS 2014 opener! Break in of my TOP rally .21+ is done and the gear conversion is working flawlessly, have been through 3liters almost back to back and i am using the same gear cases that i used in homestead! CVD temps have not been over 115*!

Very cool and good luck! PS you have a gear order.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:22 PM
Tech Addict

Default trans work ??

Hey Marcus, The new Hong Nor/OFNA....?TeamC? car ('X3') has an awfully large 1st speed spur gear..........is that your doing ?? That baby looks like a 50 or 50+ the best I can discern from the most recent photo.

No admission yet as to the pinion or spur size that I've seen but I did see that they advertise 14/43 diff gears.

How does the 'extremely low slung chassis' relate with 'roll center settings' ? Seems to me that it's below the point I saw for the location I saw set on a Cobra GT at Speed World, set by 'Scotty' that in a 'play round' running almost 1 second quicker than the actual TQ of the event.

Will your thread be switching over from 'TeamC' to 'OFNA X3'....??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.