Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team C 1/8 GT car

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 09:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Well do us all a favor and keep it positive. I get enough "banter" trust me!
BTW the kit is not 380USD

The brake issues you were having is because of the transmission mount not the actual brakes, stock brakes with the aluminum transmission mount work very good. Seeing as you are just now installing the AL mount you wouldnt know this.

Me as well as most of my followers dont care to see negative post that ultimately end up with me being the bad guy. So like your momma probably told you if you can t say something nice dont say anything at all!! lets keep it positive or you can start your own "TeamC bash" thread
aaah, so now we are bringing our momma in now eh?

look mate, read what i've posted before, I had a bad run with the car, I complaint, you guys offered help, I took advice, we all get on with it.

simple

Yes, i do still have a bad patch with TeamC, and yeah, I like to make fun of TeamC, so what? If i really want to let out all the hard feelings, then I'll post shit everywhere.

Banter is banter, either you like it or not it will still happens.

My choice on the steel brakes is simple, I have parts lying about in my place, I choose to use it

Why? because I want to, and so far I haven't ran into too much problem.

And Marcus, the pics you are seeing is from 2 months ago.

And also, this kit cost $3000 HKD, that is $380USD, you may get raped by Tax, but where I'm I don't. The place where I'm in, we don't need to Tax everything.

[input as pleased]: p[input as pleased]

Originally Posted by Yb2fast
Well said Marcus .. Lets all keep the peace ! As for the poor English on the buggy
Box ... That's was just lost in translation ... I remember when I was building my full scale Toyota Supra 10 yrs ago. All the made in JAPAN parts from HKS and GREDDY had even funnier descriptions written on the boxes !!!! Lol... Also very interesting what you said about the vent holes. I will have to do that on my next Mclaren body ... Wow... Great R&D my brother !!!
nah, Japaneses to English isn't funny, Chinese to English is funny
even if I say-so myself, Chinglish is where it's at
Old 07-02-2013, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Default New shafts ......

Concerning the new shafts you are testing Marcus
I was thinking the same .... that they will offer them as upgrades until the originals are used up.
Although ..... the "originals" sound prity darn good already if your the only one to have broke one. Maybe the steady increase in the power used in these cars may have something to do with this?!

Scooby61 Need help on the gt8le/gtv2e setup I know your nitro guys here but there doesn't seem to be much going on in the other threads except for top speed straight line guys.
My issues are mainly getting the car to stay flat in the turns. Under power it wants lift the inside front wheel if I get that to stay down the rear end is all over the place any help apprecited.

I was going to advise similar to Marcus in checking your droop settings, ride hight. Try going for around 8.5mm. And maybe stiffenning up your shock oils.

All sounds good to me although.... I have yet to get the car never mind set one up hehe.

But Marcus does seam to have a handle on this chassis scooby61. He'll be able to point you in the right direction

British Menace
Old 07-02-2013, 09:58 AM
HHT
Tech Rookie

Well do us all a favor and keep it positive. I get enough "banter" trust me!
BTW the kit is not 380USD

The brake issues you were having is because of the transmission mount not the actual brakes, stock brakes with the aluminum transmission mount work very good. Seeing as you are just now installing the AL mount you wouldnt know this.

Me as well as most of my followers dont care to see negative post that ultimately end up with me being the bad guy. So like your momma probably told you if you can t say something nice dont say anything at all!! lets keep it positive or you can start your own "TeamC bash" thread
Don't worry Marcus. It's their culture to make complaints.
Attached Thumbnails Team C 1/8 GT car-image.jpg  
Old 07-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by casemate
aaah, so now we are bringing our momma in now eh?

look mate, read what i've posted before, I had a bad run with the car, I complaint, you guys offered help, I took advice, we all get on with it.

simple

Yes, i do still have a bad patch with TeamC, and yeah, I like to make fun of TeamC, so what? If i really want to let out all the hard feelings, then I'll post shit everywhere.

Banter is banter, either you like it or not it will still happens.

My choice on the steel brakes is simple, I have parts lying about in my place, I choose to use it

Why? because I want to, and so far I haven't ran into too much problem.

And Marcus, the pics you are seeing is from 2 months ago.

And also, this kit cost $3000 HKD, that is $380USD, you may get raped by Tax, but where I'm I don't. The place where I'm in, we don't need to Tax everything.

[input as pleased]: p[input as pleased]

nah, Japaneses to English isn't funny, Chinese to English is funny
even if I say-so myself, Chinglish is where it's at

Blah blah blah, Mate i really dont have the time to go back and forth over your issues with TeamC, i would rather use this time helping the ones who DONT bash my sponsor. I am A factory sponsored TeamC driver as well as a dealer , the kit is not 380USD no matter how you convert it....
I will not repsond to any more of your negative comments on this thread, feel free to PM me if you want to continue. otherwise have a good day
Old 07-02-2013, 11:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by HHT
Don't worry Marcus. It's their culture to make complaints.

OMG i just peed my pants

Old 07-02-2013, 11:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by British Menace
Concerning the new shafts you are testing Marcus
I was thinking the same .... that they will offer them as upgrades until the originals are used up.
Although ..... the "originals" sound prity darn good already if your the only one to have broke one. Maybe the steady increase in the power used in these cars may have something to do with this?!

Scooby61 Need help on the gt8le/gtv2e setup I know your nitro guys here but there doesn't seem to be much going on in the other threads except for top speed straight line guys.
My issues are mainly getting the car to stay flat in the turns. Under power it wants lift the inside front wheel if I get that to stay down the rear end is all over the place any help apprecited.

I was going to advise similar to Marcus in checking your droop settings, ride hight. Try going for around 8.5mm. And maybe stiffenning up your shock oils.

All sounds good to me although.... I have yet to get the car never mind set one up hehe.

But Marcus does seam to have a handle on this chassis scooby61. He'll be able to point you in the right direction

British Menace

I always have weird crap happen to me out of the blue. for instance while getting ready to run the main at Byrons ( i had already run countless practice laps and 4 qualifiers) when i put my car down on the track it had a horrible glitch on the for left,right and middle of the track in the exact same location??? so i ran in side grabbed another RX battery and still did it. it ended up being a partially lost bind???? who does that happen to? Same with the broken cvd, i was leading the race when that happened! I guess my point is that if something crazy is going to happen it will be to me, i have always been that way so it doesnt surprise me anymore!
Old 07-02-2013, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

I always have weird crap happen to me out of the blue. for instance while getting ready to run the main at Byrons ( i had already run countless practice laps and 4 qualifiers) when i put my car down on the track it had a horrible glitch on the for left,right and middle of the track in the exact same location??? so i ran in side grabbed another RX battery and still did it. it ended up being a partially lost bind???? who does that happen to? Same with the broken cvd, i was leading the race when that happened! I guess my point is that if something crazy is going to happen it will be to me, i have always been that way so it doesnt surprise me anymore!
Good to see it doesn't effect you in a bad way and you still have the enthusiasm for the car that I saw in your posts at the beginning of the thread.

By the way ..... the rear wing you made for one of your earlier bodies. I forget which it was, was great. It must have taken some work.

Keep up all the good stuff Marcus!!

BM
Old 07-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by casemate
completely forgotten to post these pics, as I've said before in this thread, I have a GT8L that comes with a Nissan GTR shell.

Where can I purchase that Gtr body
Old 07-03-2013, 12:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scooby61
Need help on the gt8le/gtv2e setup I know your nitro guys here but there doesn't seem to be much going on in the other threads except for top speed straight line guys.
Hi Scooby61, after checking what Marcus and BM advised and if the car still doesn't stay flat enough to have the 4 wheels stay on ground (if I'm not mistaken you are almost traction rolling) here is something you can try: You can change your roll center settings.
There are 2 Roll center adjustment possibilities, Front and Rear. Long story short with a low roll center the car will roll a lot. With a high roll center (Or Roll Center very close to Center of Gravity) the car will not roll much.
If you have a high roll center right now your upper camber links should be close to parallel to the lower arms. To heighten the roll center you want to attach the camber link to lower holes on the shock tower, and higher holes on the C-hub.

Hope this helps
Old 07-03-2013, 03:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Kimble
Hi Scooby61, after checking what Marcus and BM advised and if the car still doesn't stay flat enough to have the 4 wheels stay on ground (if I'm not mistaken you are almost traction rolling) here is something you can try: You can change your roll center settings.
There are 2 Roll center adjustment possibilities, Front and Rear. Long story short with a low roll center the car will roll a lot. With a high roll center (Or Roll Center very close to Center of Gravity) the car will not roll much.
If you have a high roll center right now your upper camber links should be close to parallel to the lower arms. To heighten the roll center you want to attach the camber link to lower holes on the shock tower, and higher holes on the C-hub.

Hope this helps
Thanks never really understood roll center that explains it nicely thAnks for the info
Old 07-03-2013, 03:45 AM
Tech Elite

Hope this helps
Thats a good point Joe .... well advised.
Infact, if the rest of the car is handling well, you may want to trythis first Scooby.

BM
Old 07-03-2013, 06:14 AM
Tech Champion

Hope this helps
Good points and it is something that i am always playing with. It can make a dramatic improvement on laptimes in certain situations, same with link lengths. The most confusing part of it is that the location is opposite of what you think if you adjust on the tower ie higher roll center is the lower adjustments.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

You're right Marcus, longer camber links will let the car roll more, shorter links will reduce roll.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:31 AM
jpn
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Would using the front shocks and tower for the rear be a good idea ? Maybe Marcus can give us some feedback on this matter ....
Old 07-04-2013, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jpn
Would using the front shocks and tower for the rear be a good idea ? Maybe Marcus can give us some feedback on this matter ....
Do they fit jpn? Have you tried fitting them? Just curious..... interesting idea.

BM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.