Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 747 1/10 200mm touring @Nurnberg Toy Fair 2012

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 01:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Im asking because I had a credit from amain and had ordered all the plastic suspension parts. When they came in the mail they were the 733 parts. Oh well, I can use the front lower arms and possibly the front and rear knuckles if in a jam, but the front knuckles are 1 degree and dont think I'll need those either
Old 05-12-2014, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JOE SI
Im asking because I had a credit from amain and had ordered all the plastic suspension parts. When they came in the mail they were the 733 parts. Oh well, I can use the front lower arms and possibly the front and rear knuckles if in a jam, but the front knuckles are 1 degree and dont think I'll need those either
Aha, that explains a lot. If you wereto use the rearuprights make sure you replace both left and right. The top hole. Might look similar, but the offset of the lower balls id different also.

You might want to test the front 1 degree hubs. They will make the steering a bit more agressive in the slow corners.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy_Cheah
It helps a lot when I grease the trust bearing and to tighten the screw.
Originally Posted by Julius
Aha, that explains a lot. If you wereto use the rearuprights make sure you replace both left and right. The top hole. Might look similar, but the offset of the lower balls id different also.

You might want to test the front 1 degree hubs. They will make the steering a bit more agressive in the slow corners.
I always used 1* on my nt1. The 747 has way more steering right out of the box. Kind of sucks that I have 3 tracks all within a hour of me and 1 was shut down last season (Floyd bennett field) but is still open for practice. Blue diamond in Delaware that will always find a way to stay open for races (thank you G-force hobbies) and port jervis which as of this week needs 40+ entries on a race day to even hold a race. So as of now there will be a whole lot of testing this car ( which is a good thing) since I do like to go away a few times a season to race.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

How do you guys find the default setup works in your local track? I'm using very different setup I got from my friend who's very good driver but it just doesn't seem to suit my style. So I'm thinking of bringing back to the blank sheet and reset everything. Ours is very large outdoor asphalt track with pretty high traction. It has some tight turns and large sweeper.
Secondly, What shore tires do you guys use? I'm using 32F/37R for more steering but thinking the combo may make the car a bit edgy. I could be wrong. It's just my guess. Thanks,
Old 05-13-2014, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snuvet75
How do you guys find the default setup works in your local track? I'm using very different setup I got from my friend who's very good driver but it just doesn't seem to suit my style. So I'm thinking of bringing back to the blank sheet and reset everything. Ours is very large outdoor asphalt track with pretty high traction. It has some tight turns and large sweeper.
Secondly, What shore tires do you guys use? I'm using 32F/37R for more steering but thinking the combo may make the car a bit edgy. I could be wrong. It's just my guess. Thanks,
I'm not the best to give an opinion. But, I shook down my car on our local track, untreated, just blown off. It was pretty slick. I didn't care, I was just trying to get the clutch and 2sp. close. I'm travelling to a big race this Fri. I built the car box stock. It was controllable but the lack of traction held it back. It still had tons of steering. Can't wait to get on a properly treated track. I also ran the same shore tires as you. Those are my go-to compounds. I've got what I consider a more "traditional" set-up ready to bolt on. Very close to Paolos Byron setup. Hope to get a lot of testing this Friday at the 8th scale racers track in Toledo. I'll let you know how it goes. Traction there is usually good.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snuvet75
Going to 35F will help take away some of the bite from the front end. I usually run 35F/37R but goto 32F as an easy way of getting a little bit more initial steering in quali but struggle to get them to last for a final.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:45 AM
Tech Addict

Default Paolos setup

I have been looking on serpent web site at Paolos setups and they are all blank? Can i get some info as to why?
Old 05-14-2014, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigtee
I have been looking on serpent web site at Paolos setups and they are all blank? Can i get some info as to why?
I just looked @Paolo's Bryons setup it looks fine on my end.

Pass you soon...
Old 05-14-2014, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

I have that problem when trying to view the setups on my phone or browser. If I download the setup and open it in Adobe Reader proper the setups are complete. Dunno why this is happening but this work around works.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lil-bump
I just looked @Paolo's Bryons setup it looks fine on my end.

Pass you soon...
Bump>> What's your setup for One-Eighth? Close to stock or closer to Paolos Byrons? Just curious. I know we all drive different.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage
Bump>> What's your setup for One-Eighth? Close to stock or closer to Paolos Byrons? Just curious. I know we all drive different.
My setup for Toledo is based more on Nacho Lopez and Dominick G
I really liked Nacho's Christmas race set as a base.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:56 PM
Tech Addict

Default 747 rear droop

Need help setting rear droop. Ok this is what i was doing just playing around with setup
What i did was disconnect rear sway bar and lower shocks set car on droop blocks and set rear droop left and right +3 . connected sway bar rechecked droop setting still at +3. I then connect rear shocks check droop again right side is +3 droop left side is +4 checked shock length 10.5 mm both sides, shock shaft are the same length. What is the problem here nothing is tweak. How to fix this problem? I don't think lengthening the shock shaft on the left rear is the answer or is it?
Old 05-14-2014, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Check sway bar rod
Old 05-14-2014, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Need help setting rear droop. Ok this is what i was doing just playing around with setup
What i did was disconnect rear sway bar and lower shocks set car on droop blocks and set rear droop left and right +3 . connected sway bar rechecked droop setting still at +3. I then connect rear shocks check droop again right side is +3 droop left side is +4 checked shock length 10.5 mm both sides, shock shaft are the same length. What is the problem here nothing is tweak. How to fix this problem? I don't think lengthening the shock shaft on the left rear is the answer or is it?
Sounds to me like the shocks are bottoming out. When you attach the shock watch is it lifting the a-arm?
Old 05-14-2014, 10:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dan_vector
Sounds to me like the shocks are bottoming out. When you attach the shock watch is it lifting the a-arm?
Yes it is on left side. So whats the fix shocks are 10.5mm as per manual, sway rods are 6mm as per manual.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.