R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-30-2014, 04:58 PM   #1081
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Hey guys i posted up my serpent for sale.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ots-parts.html
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:06 PM   #1082
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE SI View Post
What are most guys running in the front diff?
I've used 500k, 300k, 200k and 150k, 150k is where I found it to feel best, with 80k in the rear.
Where you race 150k or 200k front 80k rear. 200k when traction is high.
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:47 PM   #1083
Tech Addict

Default setting brake

Whats the best way of setting brake on car and in radio? Radio using futaba 4pl
bigtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:19 AM   #1084
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtee View Post
Whats the best way of setting brake on car and in radio? Radio using futaba 4pl
Set the linkages up perfectly first with the servo horn centred perfectly on the servo (use the sub trim if needed). The linkages should be straight and 90 degrees to the horn.

Set the brake adjuster and linkage so that there is very little pull before the brake activates.

Then set the end points for throttle/break on the transmitter to give you full break pull without over stressing the servo. Once thats done you can then adjust the amount of break you have on the fly via the transmitters brake adjustment switch.
Serpent Viper 977e EVO2, Serpent Viper 988 GP, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent SRX2-MH, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.1, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:56 AM   #1085
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_vector View Post
Set the linkages up perfectly first with the servo horn centred perfectly on the servo (use the sub trim if needed). The linkages should be straight and 90 degrees to the horn.

Set the brake adjuster and linkage so that there is very little pull before the brake activates.

Then set the end points for throttle/break on the transmitter to give you full break pull without over stressing the servo. Once thats done you can then adjust the amount of break you have on the fly via the transmitters brake adjustment switch.
Ok thanks
Old 07-01-2014, 08:59 AM   #1086
Tech Addict

Default clutch setup

Whats a good all around clutch setup of the true motion clutch?
Old 07-01-2014, 11:15 AM   #1087
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtee View Post
Whats a good all around clutch setup of the true motion clutch?
Stock settings work very well
Old 07-01-2014, 11:40 AM   #1088
Tech Elite

Go for 0.6mm gap with 0.1mm end float. Screw the adj nut all the way in and then unscrew 1.5-2 turns. Run it and adjust the engagement as you like it.
Serpent Viper 977e EVO2, Serpent Viper 988 GP, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent SRX2-MH, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.1, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:56 AM   #1089
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Whats up?
I've been running a 747 since the start of this season, I had a rough time in the beginning because of lack of testing due to my first son being born.
Unfortunately most of my testing was during qualifiers on race days. My car really came together a few weeks ago, now my only problem is finding a nice combo of shock oil, piston and springs. Im running the shock that comes with the car, not the super short ones.
Heres my shock setup:
Front= 3 hole piston, 600 cst hudy oil, blue spring
Rear= 2 hole, 600 hudy, pink spring.
My problem (not really a problem, car is awesome ) is that the car feels really soft and rolls alot. The car is responsive, but if I go harder spring, where I race, I will traction roll every turn because the traction is so high. Picture the last tract you were at that had high bite and double it, my track probably has higher traction still.
Thanks in advance
JOE SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:34 AM   #1090
Tech Addict

Quote:
Whats up?
I've been running a 747 since the start of this season, I had a rough time in the beginning because of lack of testing due to my first son being born.
Unfortunately most of my testing was during qualifiers on race days. My car really came together a few weeks ago, now my only problem is finding a nice combo of shock oil, piston and springs. Im running the shock that comes with the car, not the super short ones.
Heres my shock setup:
My problem (not really a problem, car is awesome ) is that the car feels really soft and rolls alot. The car is responsive, but if I go harder spring, where I race, I will traction roll every turn because the traction is so high. Picture the last tract you were at that had high bite and double it, my track probably has higher traction still.
Thanks in advance
Are you using Serpent Blue and Pink springs?
www.hootrc.com.au
Aza088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:48 AM   #1091
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aza088 View Post
Are you using Serpent Blue and Pink springs?
Yes serpent springs
Old 07-19-2014, 07:37 AM   #1092
Tech Elite

Blue and pink serpent springs are very hard for the 747! Thats 1/8th territory.

In high traction I run Serpent orange springs all round with 800cst Xceed oil with 2 hole pistons all round. I sometimes go down to 500cst on the front only just to increase initial bite. The standard red springs are also good.

It doesn't really matter whether its on short or super short shock because the volume of both shocks is the same - all the SS shocks do is lower the COG and improve the cars response over the bumps. At least thats what I've found - the shock oil/pistons are the same setting.

What shock positions are you running front and rear?
Old 07-19-2014, 09:04 AM   #1093
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Quote:
Whats up?
Heres my shock setup:
Thanks in advance
Minimize drops to F1 R1.5, go softer springs, lower roll center in the front and rear, check ride height again, sway bar shouldn't be too hard, etc..
snuvet75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 04:56 PM   #1094
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_vector View Post
Blue and pink serpent springs are very hard for the 747! Thats 1/8th territory.

In high traction I run Serpent orange springs all round with 800cst Xceed oil with 2 hole pistons all round. I sometimes go down to 500cst on the front only just to increase initial bite. The standard red springs are also good.

It doesn't really matter whether its on short or super short shock because the volume of both shocks is the same - all the SS shocks do is lower the COG and improve the cars response over the bumps. At least thats what I've found - the shock oil/pistons are the same setting.

What shock positions are you running front and rear?
I'll try orange and red but they always made the car roll too much and felt slow in change of direction. With my xray I ran red front and pink rear which are like running purple front amd either blue or pink rears. The xray reds are harder than serpent blue but slightly softer than purple.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:12 AM   #1095
Tech Elite

Quote:
I'll try orange and red but they always made the car roll too much and felt slow in change of direction. With my xray I ran red front and pink rear which are like running purple front amd either blue or pink rears. The xray reds are harder than serpent blue but slightly softer than purple.
In my experience the 747 doesn't like being sprung heavily. Have a look at the setups on serpent.com you'll see that most are around the orange/red area. Try to run the same spring front and rear as I've found the balance to be not ideal when you run a different spring front/rear. I tune the feeling using shock position but keep the springs the same front/rear.

Tags
rc-world, serpent, serpent 747, toy fair