R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-01-2014, 02:41 AM   #811
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I forgot, I have another problem,after I put the super short front shocks with the lower front shock tower, the spring cup at the bottom of the shocks rubs on the front lower arms.especially if I use the holes furthest apart in the shocktower. Should I shave off the lower arms?I think I have to or else there will be too much weight on the shock axls,it might bend?

Agree?

If I shave, then the arms might lose its strength.

Any suggestions?
Old 02-01-2014, 04:46 AM   #812
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPXJOE View Post
Not in my end,they would have showed it in Nuremberg if there was. How do I.attach the center front body post?
They don't always show it, especially if there is sometime to go until the worlds to prevent copying I guess Anyway rumours usually start around now if a later release is planned. All is quiet for now so lets wait and see - I'm sure there will be WC specific upgrades released at the event. I'm just wandering what they are likely to be as the car is so good right now.

I attach the centre body post to the front shock tower. I use a standard plastic rear body mount from the 747 or 411. Fits perfectly!
Serpent Viper 977e EVO2, Serpent Viper 988 GP, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent SRX2-MH, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.1, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:47 AM   #813
Tech Elite

Quote:
I forgot, I have another problem,after I put the super short front shocks with the lower front shock tower, the spring cup at the bottom of the shocks rubs on the front lower arms.especially if I use the holes furthest apart in the shocktower. Should I shave off the lower arms?I think I have to or else there will be too much weight on the shock axls,it might bend?

Agree?

If I shave, then the arms might lose its strength.

Any suggestions?
Photo? I don't have that problem on my car with the SS shocks and low tower?
Serpent Viper 977e EVO2, Serpent Viper 988 GP, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent SRX2-MH, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.1, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:47 AM   #814
Tech Addict

I used rather the lowest holes nearest the center of the front shock tower.try it, the spring cups touch the front lower arms. When I say spring cups, its the thing that touches the spring at the low side
Old 02-01-2014, 07:43 PM   #815
Tech Elite

Hmmm. I don't have that issue. Anyone else?
Old 02-01-2014, 08:30 PM   #816
Tech Addict

Put it this way,when u screw in the bottom part of the supershort shocks in Front,its like u have to force in the shocks to reach the screw of the lower arm because of the the spring cup rubs on the lower front arm.I use the lowest holes of the lowered shock tower.try doing it,it will rub and screw in the top screw first,ul have a hard time screwing in the bottom
Old 02-01-2014, 09:40 PM   #817
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver

Quote:
Put it this way,when u screw in the bottom part of the supershort shocks in Front,its like u have to force in the shocks to reach the screw of the lower arm because of the the spring cup rubs on the lower front arm.I use the lowest holes of the lowered shock tower.try doing it,it will rub and screw in the top screw first,ul have a hard time screwing in the bottom
A pic would def help, but it sounds like u need to use a 2 or 3mm spacer at the shock mount position on the arm to move the spring retainer out a little bit........
or maybe you might need one where the shock mounts to the tower!
Old 02-01-2014, 11:22 PM   #818
Tech Addict

Yes the short shocks bind on the front lower suspension arm. We just dremel a little of the suspension arm off to create a grove. No broken arms or weakened arms. don't go too crazy just take enough to clear the spring and spring retainer. Also in the rear if you use the shock extensions we use the standard shock retainer and standard ball cup. Hope this helps.

If you haven't tried the Shock extensions or hand no luck there is a setup on the Serpent website using these extensions.

Enjoy.
www.hootrc.com.au
Aza088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:52 AM   #819
Tech Addict

I think il shave off the arm instead of adding shims because I need a lot of shims to have a good gap
Old 02-03-2014, 12:12 PM   #820
Tech Elite

Quote:
I think il shave off the arm instead of adding shims because I need a lot of shims to have a good gap
I'm still interested in before and after shots of the binding/shaved arms. I don't have the problem and would be interested to see what I'm doing different!
Old 02-04-2014, 08:28 AM   #821
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I ordered my new kit. Besides drilling the diffs to avoid hydrolock, and anything else to look out for? Not a ton of info on SAs website. Any hop-ups you guys feel are needed from the get-go? Thanks.
977 EVO2, Matrix tires, Picco power.
Please drive responsibly
TeamCarnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:43 AM   #822
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCarnage View Post
I ordered my new kit. Besides drilling the diffs to avoid hydrolock, and anything else to look out for? Not a ton of info on SAs website. Any hop-ups you guys feel are needed from the get-go? Thanks.
Welcome! You'll love the car!

I'd get the new low shock towers and super short shocks as a starter for ten. I also like the hard plastics on the lower wishbones and hub carriers as to me it just seems to sharpen the car up. A nice to have is the alloy radio tray rear mount.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:49 AM   #823
Tech Addict

Drill and shave the chassis where it touches the front and rear belts, and the clutchbell
Old 02-04-2014, 08:53 AM   #824
Tech Addict

Spray the bearings and put little ball diff grease.this will free up the drive train.and get the sliding weights 2pieces.best option part I got!
Old 02-04-2014, 10:25 AM   #825
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Drill and shave the chassis where it touches the front and rear belts, and the clutchbell
I bought Serpent Dans car a while back. I see what you mean about the tolerance between the chassis and belts. Although their is no fraying or other wear marks on the existing belts.
Is the new, lowered shock tower stronger than the version 1? My tower is cracked and seems rather suspect in the durability department. I remember a local guy had his rr. tower reinforced. I forget the material he used. Ran it all summer like that.
Can't wait to start a new build!
977 EVO2, Matrix tires, Picco power.
Please drive responsibly
TeamCarnage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rc-world, serpent, serpent 747, toy fair