R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-17-2014, 08:23 PM   #796
Tech Elite
 
Serpent-Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,847
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Definitely use the set screws. It will not work properly without them.
__________________
Inf1nity CM Beat1 Racing
Serpent-Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:27 PM   #797
Tech Master
 
snuvet75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,411
Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan View Post
Definitely use the set screws. It will not work properly without them.
+1
__________________
Capricorn LAB C03, Capricorn LAB C803, Serpent Project 4X, Serpent Spyder SRX2, Mugen MTC-1
RCTarget, DeSotoRacing
snuvet75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:12 AM   #798
Tech Master
 
snuvet75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,411
Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default

So I fixed the problem although I blew my throttle servo in the first qualifier in club racing after all that..
It was the 2 speed shoe but I'm not sure what was exactly wrong... funny... I actually widened the gap between the drum and the shoe and problem was gone. Previously I set it in a way that the gap between drum and shoe was minimal. But I also tried to set it wider, too. So I don't know what fixed it hahaha;;;; Well I'm glad it's gone anyway..
__________________
Capricorn LAB C03, Capricorn LAB C803, Serpent Project 4X, Serpent Spyder SRX2, Mugen MTC-1
RCTarget, DeSotoRacing
snuvet75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:37 AM   #799
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MANILA,PHILIPPINES
Posts: 536
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hi can a good soul help?I noticed that my Chevy cruize body is a little too thin that it clips the rear tires. I know I should cut the fender away from the tires but I'm afraid that the tire clips it because the body might be too thin. Is it allowed to put stiffeners on the sedan body?how do u put it?are the stiffeners for 8th scale only or for sedan too?I couldn't find a ruling in the 200mm ifmar rulebook .post pictures please if u have of the stiffeners pretty please?
__________________
Serpent 748/Nova Virtus/Sanwa M12/Maxima/Savox Brushless/Xceed
GPXJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:35 AM   #800
Tech Elite
 
dan_vector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,928
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPXJOE View Post
Hi can a good soul help?I noticed that my Chevy cruize body is a little too thin that it clips the rear tires. I know I should cut the fender away from the tires but I'm afraid that the tire clips it because the body might be too thin. Is it allowed to put stiffeners on the sedan body?how do u put it?are the stiffeners for 8th scale only or for sedan too?I couldn't find a ruling in the 200mm ifmar rulebook .post pictures please if u have of the stiffeners pretty please?
Yes you can put stiffeners around the inside of the body so long as they are not made of metal of carbon fibre! I use offcuts of lexan from the sides and rear of the body that is removed when you originally cut the body out. Bend and form them for the sides and then you can either use double sided tape or small diameter screws and nuts to hold them on. Personally I prefer the tape method. To be honest I mostly do this on 1/8th bodies as I've found my 1/10th bodies don't need it. Just cut the arches so that they clear the tyres when deflected inwards.
__________________
Serpent Viper 977e EVO2, Serpent Viper 988 GP, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent SRX2-MH, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.1, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:05 AM   #801
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MANILA,PHILIPPINES
Posts: 536
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_vector View Post
Yes you can put stiffeners around the inside of the body so long as they are not made of metal of carbon fibre! I use offcuts of lexan from the sides and rear of the body that is removed when you originally cut the body out. Bend and form them for the sides and then you can either use double sided tape or small diameter screws and nuts to hold them on. Personally I prefer the tape method. To be honest I mostly do this on 1/8th bodies as I've found my 1/10th bodies don't need it. Just cut the arches so that they clear the tyres when deflected inwards.
Guys false alarm. I bumped my rear shocktower. It bent pretty bad forward which caused the posts to move forward.

This will be the 5th time since December 2013 I will buy this rear shocktower. It's flimsy...I hope serpent can make a thicker one,as thick as the rear upper arm holders
__________________
Serpent 748/Nova Virtus/Sanwa M12/Maxima/Savox Brushless/Xceed
GPXJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:50 AM   #802
Tech Elite
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,963
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPXJOE View Post
Guys false alarm. I bumped my rear shocktower. It bent pretty bad forward which caused the posts to move forward.

This will be the 5th time since December 2013 I will buy this rear shocktower. It's flimsy...I hope serpent can make a thicker one,as thick as the rear upper arm holders
If you run the optional body supports on the rear shock tower this breaks the shock tower if you roll the car. Try running the support brackets with no extentions or removing them all together.

Pass you soon...
__________________
Elliott Hart
Serpent America
Desoto Racing Team
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:35 AM   #803
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MANILA,PHILIPPINES
Posts: 536
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
If you run the optional body supports on the rear shock tower this breaks the shock tower if you roll the car. Try running the support brackets with no extentions or removing them all together.

Pass you soon...
Ya I was just thinking that. I will try first with less extensions to make it shorter and more tucked inside the car.if it still breaks,will remove it altogether. I should have more steering without rear extensions?
__________________
Serpent 748/Nova Virtus/Sanwa M12/Maxima/Savox Brushless/Xceed
GPXJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:21 PM   #804
Tech Master
 
snuvet75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,411
Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
If you run the optional body supports on the rear shock tower this breaks the shock tower if you roll the car. Try running the support brackets with no extentions or removing them all together.

Pass you soon...
That's a bad news cuz I just ordered 2, one for 747, one for S411
__________________
Capricorn LAB C03, Capricorn LAB C803, Serpent Project 4X, Serpent Spyder SRX2, Mugen MTC-1
RCTarget, DeSotoRacing
snuvet75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:28 PM   #805
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MANILA,PHILIPPINES
Posts: 536
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Try it anyway bro. It's worth testing with and without it. Either way, its a hazard only if u get clipped real good from behind, that's the only drawback I see. But the thing is if its not there, where else will we position it? No where else.

What I did was I drilled the holes of the extensions thru and thru tjen I put a long screw which protrudes through.this way the extensions won't come off for sure if I'm bumped from behind but that still will not stop the shock tower from bending. I also got the lower shock tower which happens to be thicker! I also put the super short shocks that are the only ones that go with the lower shock tower.will post pics
__________________
Serpent 748/Nova Virtus/Sanwa M12/Maxima/Savox Brushless/Xceed
GPXJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:37 PM   #806
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MANILA,PHILIPPINES
Posts: 536
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default pix of thicker lower shock tower

Pix of thicker and lower shock tower
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent 747 1/10 200mm touring @Nurnberg Toy Fair 2012-imag0649.jpg  
__________________
Serpent 748/Nova Virtus/Sanwa M12/Maxima/Savox Brushless/Xceed
GPXJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:43 PM   #807
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MANILA,PHILIPPINES
Posts: 536
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I thought I saw Paolo morgantis car had a body post right at the servo saver.how did he do that?a super long screw from under the chassis?why there? Harder hood?
__________________
Serpent 748/Nova Virtus/Sanwa M12/Maxima/Savox Brushless/Xceed
GPXJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:09 AM   #808
Tech Elite
 
dan_vector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,928
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPXJOE View Post
I thought I saw Paolo morgantis car had a body post right at the servo saver.how did he do that?a super long screw from under the chassis?why there? Harder hood?
The third front body post as I refer to it stops the front deforming at high speed so that high speed downforce is maintained and is useful at tracks with fast corners. I have always used the 'third body post' on all my 200mm cars. I don't bother with it on 190mm electric TC's.
__________________
Serpent Viper 977e EVO2, Serpent Viper 988 GP, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent SRX2-MH, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.1, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:26 AM   #809
Tech Elite
 
dan_vector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,928
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Any rumours of a new car from Serpent for the WC?
__________________
Serpent Viper 977e EVO2, Serpent Viper 988 GP, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent SRX2-MH, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.1, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:34 AM   #810
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MANILA,PHILIPPINES
Posts: 536
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Not in my end,they would have showed it in Nuremberg if there was. How do I.attach the center front body post?
__________________
Serpent 748/Nova Virtus/Sanwa M12/Maxima/Savox Brushless/Xceed
GPXJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
rc-world, serpent, serpent 747, toy fair


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:28 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net