R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #601
Tech Elite
 
Serpent-Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,847
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Make sure the screws don't push each half apart. And nothing a dab of silicone won't fix.
__________________
Inf1nity CM Beat1 Racing
Serpent-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #602
Tech Elite
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,963
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
Quick question, what r you guys doing for the leaky diffs? I heard serpent had this prob with the 733 my 747 i just got had the same prob with the rear diff....until i changed to a thinner orange o ring.......if u've experienced this, what did u do??
What I've found is that the pulley (and or) pulley flange(front diff) holes are too small. I drill out the pulley holes(only slightly). You just want to enlarge the holes enough so that the self taping screws can be inserted into pulley with very little interference. By doing this you are ensured that the screw has went through the pulley and has been fully inserted in the opposite diff half.
If you spin the diff with the pulley installed and if the pulley wobbles that is the first sign that one of the screws is starting to deform the pulley and the diff halves have not been drawn together properly which causes leaks.
I hope I explained this properly. I do not drill into the diffs only the pulley and pulley flange(front). Silicone helps also; but I have not had a leaky diff in last 6 rebuilds."Knock on Wood"
__________________
Elliott Hart
Serpent America
Desoto Racing Team
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:35 AM   #603
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MANILA,PHILIPPINES
Posts: 536
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
What I've found is that the pulley (and or) pulley flange(front diff) holes are too small. I drill out the pulley holes(only slightly). You just want to enlarge the holes enough so that the self taping screws can be inserted into pulley with very little interference. By doing this you are ensured that the screw has went through the pulley and has been fully inserted in the opposite diff half.
If you spin the diff with the pulley installed and if the pulley wobbles that is the first sign that one of the screws is starting to deform the pulley and the diff halves have not been drawn together properly which causes leaks.
I hope I explained this properly. I do not drill into the diffs only the pulley and pulley flange(front). Silicone helps also; but I have not had a leaky diff in last 6 rebuilds."Knock on Wood"
Wow just what I needed.thanks!

Any news on a possible receiver box?????????seriously, I need one.
__________________
Serpent 748/Nova Virtus/Sanwa M12/Maxima/Savox Brushless/Xceed
GPXJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:37 AM   #604
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MANILA,PHILIPPINES
Posts: 536
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Rather, everyone needs one. Those who don't are in denial hahaha
__________________
Serpent 748/Nova Virtus/Sanwa M12/Maxima/Savox Brushless/Xceed
GPXJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #605
Tech Elite
 
1evo RRR Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,386
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver
Default

This is a bit premature, cause i haven't raced the car yet, but ran it thru its paces 2 days in a row......n all i can say is wow! It's really hard to explain the difference that I'm feeling from the cap......bit i like it alot!!! The 747 feels like it's on the track n the cap kinda felt like it's skating on top of the track, n also the 747 squares up better than any car I've driven! it's like it wants u to jump on the throttle (onpower steering/stability is crazy) we'll c how it goes at this Sundays race.....
__________________
"He's CHEATIN! cause Im CHEATIN! and He beat ME!" :) "TKI4 PILOT" /XRAY NT1 16' /FUSION X3LCFM / M2c / PROTEK / FUTABA 4PX / SAMURAI
1evo RRR Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:52 PM   #606
Tech Elite
 
Serpent-Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,847
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Tons of steering rite!
__________________
Inf1nity CM Beat1 Racing
Serpent-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #607
Tech Regular
 
bigbank66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: folsom, ca
Posts: 292
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
This is a bit premature, cause i haven't raced the car yet, but ran it thru its paces 2 days in a row......n all i can say is wow! It's really hard to explain the difference that I'm feeling from the cap......bit i like it alot!!! The 747 feels like it's on the track n the cap kinda felt like it's skating on top of the track, n also the 747 squares up better than any car I've driven! it's like it wants u to jump on the throttle (onpower steering/stability is crazy) we'll c how it goes at this Sundays race.....
bigbank66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #608
Tech Elite
 
1evo RRR Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,386
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan View Post
Tons of steering rite!
yep n honestly i don't even think i have a big "steering"setup on it......n it still turns like crazy
__________________
"He's CHEATIN! cause Im CHEATIN! and He beat ME!" :) "TKI4 PILOT" /XRAY NT1 16' /FUSION X3LCFM / M2c / PROTEK / FUTABA 4PX / SAMURAI
1evo RRR Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:11 PM   #609
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPXJOE View Post
Wow just what I needed.thanks!

Any news on a possible receiver box?????????seriously, I need one.
I would recommend going with the suggestion of the Mugen box a few pages back Post #528. It will solve your problem right away giving you a solution that will last in case they don't make a box. This kind of a product could also come from companies like Integy or RPM.
TerribleTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:08 AM   #610
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MANILA,PHILIPPINES
Posts: 536
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
This is a bit premature, cause i haven't raced the car yet, but ran it thru its paces 2 days in a row......n all i can say is wow! It's really hard to explain the difference that I'm feeling from the cap......bit i like it alot!!! The 747 feels like it's on the track n the cap kinda felt like it's skating on top of the track, n also the 747 squares up better than any car I've driven! it's like it wants u to jump on the throttle (onpower steering/stability is crazy) we'll c how it goes at this Sundays race.....
U should try the underchassis weight.that gains more less steering depending on your liking
__________________
Serpent 748/Nova Virtus/Sanwa M12/Maxima/Savox Brushless/Xceed

Last edited by GPXJOE; 08-07-2013 at 01:09 AM. Reason: typo
GPXJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:34 AM   #611
Tech Elite
 
1evo RRR Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,386
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPXJOE View Post
U should try the underchassis weight.that gains more less steering depending on your liking
I plan on it
Thanks
__________________
"He's CHEATIN! cause Im CHEATIN! and He beat ME!" :) "TKI4 PILOT" /XRAY NT1 16' /FUSION X3LCFM / M2c / PROTEK / FUTABA 4PX / SAMURAI
1evo RRR Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #612
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 5
Default RX battery for 747?

Up until now I used a 5 cell NiMH battery. But this RX battery is just fitting. It is sitting very close to the side belt, the fuel tank,... My side belt even rubbed against it.

So I'm looking for a smaller RX battery, maybe e Life battery.
I borrowed a 1600 mAh Life from a friend to test it. This had a size of 85x30x17mm and i also was very thight and ther is even an extra balancing plug to fit. This life wasn't much smaller than the NiMh.

What battery do you use for a S747?
eracer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #613
Tech Regular
 
JJBinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toledo, ohio
Posts: 332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eracer99 View Post
Up until now I used a 5 cell NiMH battery. But this RX battery is just fitting. It is sitting very close to the side belt, the fuel tank,... My side belt even rubbed against it.

So I'm looking for a smaller RX battery, maybe e Life battery.
I borrowed a 1600 mAh Life from a friend to test it. This had a size of 85x30x17mm and i also was very thight and ther is even an extra balancing plug to fit. This life wasn't much smaller than the NiMh.

What battery do you use for a S747?
Xceed 1300 MAH LiPo battery that fits right in. Part number: XCE105001
__________________
Jon Strausbaugh
2016 Great Lakes Challenge Race Director
Great Lakes Challenge Coordinator - One Eighth Racers
www.ToledoOneEighthRacers.com
Serpent Natrix 748, Revenge .12, Desoto Racing, Futaba
JJBinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:53 AM   #614
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBinks View Post
Xceed 1300 MAH LiPo battery that fits right in. Part number: XCE105001
To use this lipo, I need a regulater to reduce the 7.4V to the voltage of a normal 5cell NiMh packet?

I have 1 Sanwa and 1 Graupner servo in my car. Both are +- 4 years old. I also have a Sanwa in another car. I can put this one in stead of the Graupner so I have 2 Sanwa's in my S747. I read somewhere that Sanwa servos don't need a regulator because they can handle the 7.4V of lipo. Is this correct?

And what about my receiver (a non-spectrum futaba)? Can this one handle the lipo power?

I also noticed that this lipo doesn't have a balancer plug?
So, it can only be charged without balancing?
eracer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:04 AM   #615
Tech Elite
 
1evo RRR Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,386
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver
Default

Well had my 1st raceday with my 747........qual went ok, i was only a few seconds off the pace over 5mins.....(TQ 21 5:14 ) 20 5:02 20 5:06 20 5:07 20 5:08 ( I had 20 5:09) car was ok, drivable in the morning, as it warmed up n traction went down my car became almost undrivable..... Default setup calls for 1000cst in shocks (i put 600cst) wrong move! Again default for rear diff is 30k (i put a 100k) wrong move! I guess what i was doing was trying to make the car feel like my other cars on the "bench" n it did....but that didn't work on the track......anyway had a horrible main..had the duel rate down to 130 from 150 n still with half input the car wanted to hook, i pulled over for everyone! Even the bump position from the B! Lol impossible to go fast when the confidence isn't there.....So next day went back to the track, with 1000cst which by the way is (80w associated) n 40k in the rear diff.......n car was night n day.......couldn't make it hook to save my life.......so I'm back smiling at the switch!........after that started playing around with the caster clips, n got a real good feel from more spacers in front of arm.....will try more behind arm at next practice day.....also stiffer rear bar.....
__________________
"He's CHEATIN! cause Im CHEATIN! and He beat ME!" :) "TKI4 PILOT" /XRAY NT1 16' /FUSION X3LCFM / M2c / PROTEK / FUTABA 4PX / SAMURAI
1evo RRR Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
rc-world, serpent, serpent 747, toy fair


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:19 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net