R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #376
asc
Tech Initiate

Thanks guys. Am using an rb motor. Have ground the manifold and tightened the belt. Seems ok now.

If I use the pipe hanger in the original position with the rb pipe it becomes twisted and pulls the header away from the exhaust port on the motor which will cause it to leak.
asc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #377
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Loosen the screw holding the wire and spin it untill the pipe is in its natural position. THEN tighten the screw holding the wire.
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:46 AM   #378
Tech Regular

Hello guys,

the Serpent 747 has steel brake pads, can somebody tell me the distance between the 2 holes in the brake pad (center to center of hole)
Also the diameter of the holes in the brake pads.
(would be great if it is in mm...)

Want to try them in my car for the next race.

Kind regards,

Roy
rbakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:07 AM   #379
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbakker View Post
Hello guys,

the Serpent 747 has steel brake pads, can somebody tell me the distance between the 2 holes in the brake pad (center to center of hole)
Also the diameter of the holes in the brake pads.
(would be great if it is in mm...)

Want to try them in my car for the next race.

Kind regards,

Roy
The distance from hole to hole (centre) is 35mm. The diameter of the holes are 5mm.

See you at the MACH!
Old 02-17-2013, 07:35 AM   #380
Tech Regular

He Maarten,

Thanks a lot man, think i can use them in the km this year.
After a little work they will fit, Km pads are sold out..
( will be a good year for 200mm at the Mach, lot of people are going to drive)

Greetz
rbakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:42 AM   #381
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi guys,

how do u guys know whether or not the front or rear belts are slipping or they are too loose? because i use the most loose position in the front and but it seems ok. i guess i would not know if the belts are too loose.does anyone know? will u feel it in the driving?
Old 02-25-2013, 07:25 AM   #382
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPXJOE View Post
hi guys,

how do u guys know whether or not the front or rear belts are slipping or they are too loose? because i use the most loose position in the front and but it seems ok. i guess i would not know if the belts are too loose.does anyone know? will u feel it in the driving?
You can look at the teeth on the spur. Mostly the belts need to be thight before you drive the car. The belts do stretch a little when driving the car. Check the car after driving, spin the wheels and see if they spin for one or two turns than they are good. It is a try and feel thing to get it right. (its with a nt1 though)
djiewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:03 AM   #383
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by djiewie View Post
You can look at the teeth on the spur. Mostly the belts need to be thight before you drive the car. The belts do stretch a little when driving the car. Check the car after driving, spin the wheels and see if they spin for one or two turns than they are good. It is a try and feel thing to get it right. (its with a nt1 though)
ya its just nt clear to me know whether or not the belts are slipping especially in the driving part,how will one know while in the drivers' stand?
Old 02-27-2013, 06:07 AM   #384
Tech Addict

guys i havent tried the 747 with the chassis stiffeners, i drive the car with the 4 screws but without the 2 turnbuckles on top of the radio tray, what setup is that? is that the superstiff setup? with the 4 screws, i dont need the turnbuckles right? thats how i understand the flex system,with 2 screws only thats when i need the flex turnbuckles right?
Old 02-27-2013, 11:24 AM   #385
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc View Post
Has anyone come up with a fix for the side belt hitting the bottom of the exhaust manifold? I cannot change motors at this point in time, and this is really frustrating.

Also, does anyone else find the exhaust hanger/spring too short and difficult to stretch/bend into the right shape? Are there any other options in this area?
The best way is to take the belt tensioner of the top of the upper deck and bolt it on to the bottom of the upper deck then you wil have the proper amount of clearance between the belt and manifold .
That's the way we run it .
ENNETI TIRES
SlowPushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:27 PM   #386
Tech Regular

Quote:
ya its just nt clear to me know whether or not the belts are slipping especially in the driving part,how will one know while in the drivers' stand?
what i do to check the tension is the following;

Put the car on the desk/table
apply the brake with your transmitter (fully)
Push the car forward on the table pressing down
The wheels should turn slowly through the maximum brake
(adjust the brake on full to do this)
You will notice the belt skipping the spur or not.
Adjust the tension till the belt doesn`t skip or loosen.

Hope this helps you.

On the track driving it is difficult to know.
djiewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #387
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Quote:

The belts we use on our cars are considered timing belts and do not need much tension to stay engaged with the pullies. The only time I believe a belt would actually slip is if you wore the teeth off of the pulley. If this were to happen you would notice it immediately. So as long as your pullies are in decent shape and your car is driving pretty well; I think it's safe to assume your belts are not slipping.
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:20 PM   #388
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Quote:
guys i havent tried the 747 with the chassis stiffeners, i drive the car with the 4 screws but without the 2 turnbuckles on top of the radio tray, what setup is that? is that the superstiff setup? with the 4 screws, i dont need the turnbuckles right? thats how i understand the flex system,with 2 screws only thats when i need the flex turnbuckles right?
Yes, with all 4 screws installed on the car there is no need to run the turnbuckles. When you use the flex system; install the turnbuckles, and of the 4 screws you remove the two back screws and leave the two front screws installed.

Now Mark Green used a different set-up for his flex system for the 2012 200mm TC worlds. He used spacers. I've never had the need to use the flex system but I may try just to see what happens.

Pass you soon...
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:57 AM   #389
Tech Regular

Guys coming from a serpent 720 and a serpent s400 i am very reluctant to buy a serpent car again. Although i had a very good offer to buy the new 977 the 747 and the completely new s411.

I have tried to find comparisons threads on the internet but i have not managed to find a lot of information. I am writting in the 747 thread as the 1/10 gp scale is what concerns me most. I have asked quite a few people and they have told me there is no better car that the new capricorn and the xray.

They told me the serpent need a lot of setting up and staff to get it as fast as the nt1 and the lab and if you are not experience you might not manage.

Also they have told me that the design of the 747 might look very nice however the handling is not that good. It spins easily and has different acceleration.

Can someone please tell me the whole truth and can someone who is not biased let me know what i can do? in terms of everything..durability, reliability, stock setups handling, option part required. geometry wise etc..

what brings me to this thread is the money as i can get three serpent cars at a very good price compared to other manufacturers. Also if you guys have seen the new s411 or the 977 can they be compared to xrays t4 or the kyosho evolva or the capricorn 801? Btw capricorn has the name in the 1/8 scale. It seems wherever collari goes he knows what he does..
didrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:25 AM   #390
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
Yes, with all 4 screws installed on the car there is no need to run the turnbuckles. When you use the flex system; install the turnbuckles, and of the 4 screws you remove the two back screws and leave the two front screws installed.

Now Mark Green used a different set-up for his flex system for the 2012 200mm TC worlds. He used spacers. I've never had the need to use the flex system but I may try just to see what happens.

Pass you soon...
As always, thanks for the tips guys! Truly helpful. Regarding mark green, u mean he put spacers under the radio plate where the 4 screws are? That's how I understand it.

Djlieiwie, thanks for the help! I'm just worried that I might break the belt teeth in the process of pushing forward while braking.probably would hurt the belt much though,thanks

Tags
rc-world, serpent, serpent 747, toy fair