R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #361
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 26
Default

Does anyone know if there will be any update to this car for 2013?
Sti2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #362
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MANILA,PHILIPPINES
Posts: 536
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wad View Post
They are filters, the one going to the engine in to get more mileage from one gas tank. The one going from the pipe to the gas tank is to get constant pressure.

They will be needed if there is a bad designed gas tank, the 747 gas tank has no problems with size or pressure, so you will not need them.

I use Keep-on engines with no filters at all. And have good run time (over 5 minutes) and the presure is stable (engine doesn't get lean or rich at all).
Thanks.i saw other use a heat sink in the pressure line for offload buggy like Robert battle. If no one uses it then ok why fix something that ain't broken,thanks walter
GPXJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:32 AM   #363
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MANILA,PHILIPPINES
Posts: 536
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Who makes option parts for 747 that are cheaper than the original serpent parts?i saw another brand for the aluminum Pullies that wer cheaper.does anyone know what brand it is?i forgot the brand
GPXJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:00 AM   #364
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MNL
Posts: 108
Default

Whats a good steering and throttle servo for this car? I need a good balance between right and left side of the car. Im using a 2652 pipe with a life rx battery on the left then a sanwa rx on the right, so the servos are the last thing i need to get. Thank you so much!
jusandsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #365
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Naples Italy
Posts: 58
Send a message via Skype™ to carletto
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sti2 View Post
Does anyone know if there will be any update to this car for 2013?
TE edition ???????
carletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #366
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPXJOE View Post
Who makes option parts for 747 that are cheaper than the original serpent parts?i saw another brand for the aluminum Pullies that wer cheaper.does anyone know what brand it is?i forgot the brand
Maybe CSO or Arrowmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusandsil View Post
Whats a good steering and throttle servo for this car? I need a good balance between right and left side of the car. Im using a 2652 pipe with a life rx battery on the left then a sanwa rx on the right, so the servos are the last thing i need to get. Thank you so much!
I run Futaba BLS551s for both steering and throttle. Along with a LiFe battery and light weight body, weight is around 1,660grams. My preference would be to run a stronger/faster standard size steering servo, but with the new weight rule, will leave it low profile to save weight. You can't go wrong with Futaba or Sanwa servos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carletto View Post
TE edition ???????
I doubt it anytime soon. One good thing about the car is there are very few option parts available. The car comes with all the fancy aluminum and lightweight stuff already.
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:40 AM   #367
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MNL
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_T View Post


I run Futaba BLS551s for both steering and throttle. Along with a LiFe battery and light weight body, weight is around 1,660grams. My preference would be to run a stronger/faster standard size steering servo, but with the new weight rule, will leave it low profile to save weight. You can't go wrong with Futaba or Sanwa servos.


I was considering the bls551 too, together with the ko rsx one10 servos. Whats the weight of your pipe and life battery combined? What about your rx? I would like to get the best servos so that i can achieve the best left and right balance of the car. Arent lightweight bodies not allowed in ifmar sactioned events? Sorry for all the questions, im new to nitro onroad and theres no one here who i can ask questions regarding the 747. Serpent is banned in the onlt onroad track and people just built a new one where all are allowed but they run GT.
jusandsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:52 AM   #368
Tech Adept
 
howardns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: miami
Posts: 224
Default

i have used the Airtronics RX461 with savox 1251 low profile digital servos with the 747 for about 7 months now with no problems.
my life pack weighs 73 grams, my lipo weighs 70 and the novarossi 2660 with med header is about 70 grams. with body, enneti carbon rims 59/57 it is under 1670 grams and that is about the min. weight i want to run to not be under weight with really small tires
__________________
Serpent Cobra GT
Homestead RC Raceway
howardns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #369
Tech Elite
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,963
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusandsil View Post
I was considering the bls551 too, together with the ko rsx one10 servos. Whats the weight of your pipe and life battery combined? What about your rx? I would like to get the best servos so that i can achieve the best left and right balance of the car. Arent lightweight bodies not allowed in ifmar sactioned events? Sorry for all the questions, im new to nitro onroad and theres no one here who i can ask questions regarding the 747. Serpent is banned in the onlt onroad track and people just built a new one where all are allowed but they run GT.
I've heard of this before. But why would Serpent cars be banned?
__________________
Elliott Hart
Serpent America
Desoto Racing Team
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:34 PM   #370
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MNL
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardns View Post
i have used the Airtronics RX461 with savox 1251 low profile digital servos with the 747 for about 7 months now with no problems.
my life pack weighs 73 grams, my lipo weighs 70 and the novarossi 2660 with med header is about 70 grams. with body, enneti carbon rims 59/57 it is under 1670 grams and that is about the min. weight i want to run to not be under weight with really small tires
If the life battery and the pipe and manifold weighs around 143grams on the left side, isn't it better to use standard size servos? what would be the best servos to use so that the left and right balance of the car is equal without using counter weights so that I can still achieve a light car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
I've heard of this before. But why would Serpent cars be banned?
I don't really know the real reason but its just like that. Good thing that people built a new onroad track but the new problem is they run 1/8GT not 1/10.
jusandsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:46 AM   #371
Tech Fanatic
 
Julius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Amsterdam Netherlands
Posts: 979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
I've heard of this before. But why would Serpent cars be banned?
Because they were too fast....
__________________
Team Serpent, Xceed, Sanwa, LRP
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #372
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MANILA,PHILIPPINES
Posts: 536
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hi guys,

Im here in taipei taiwan now on vacation, does anyone know who carries 747 parts here?

My rear lower arms are a little torn but i did a mcgyver fix but if i can find new ones then great! Does anyone know where here in taipei? Thanks!
GPXJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #373
asc
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 29
Default

Has anyone come up with a fix for the side belt hitting the bottom of the exhaust manifold? I cannot change motors at this point in time, and this is really frustrating.

Also, does anyone else find the exhaust hanger/spring too short and difficult to stretch/bend into the right shape? Are there any other options in this area?
asc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:23 AM   #374
Tech Fanatic
 
kickass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Sydney
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc View Post
Has anyone come up with a fix for the side belt hitting the bottom of the exhaust manifold? I cannot change motors at this point in time, and this is really frustrating.

Also, does anyone else find the exhaust hanger/spring too short and difficult to stretch/bend into the right shape? Are there any other options in this area?
Grind your manifold and tighten your belt.
Bend another one out of piano wire. the orig one is ok though
__________________
"KicKass "OS" Racing Engines" "capricornrc.com.au"
"RC Arena" Home of "Maxima Fuel"
kickass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #375
wad
Tech Elite
 
wad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 2,284
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc View Post
Has anyone come up with a fix for the side belt hitting the bottom of the exhaust manifold? I cannot change motors at this point in time, and this is really frustrating.

Also, does anyone else find the exhaust hanger/spring too short and difficult to stretch/bend into the right shape? Are there any other options in this area?
What motor are you using? I have no problem with Novarossi engines.

There is no need to modify the original holder, it brings the pipe as close to the side pulley as possible. Or you can make another one as kickass mentioned.
__________________
Walter Diaz
wad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
rc-world, serpent, serpent 747, toy fair


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:47 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net