R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-04-2013, 07:46 AM   #316
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MANILA,PHILIPPINES
Posts: 536
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan View Post
Like this
Nice! What about the switch?do u just plug in to turn on the electronics?
GPXJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #317
Tech Elite
 
Serpent-Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,848
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

No switch
__________________
Inf1nity CM Beat1 Racing
Serpent-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #318
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MANILA,PHILIPPINES
Posts: 536
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Guys help.

I just started building the car. When I put in the front lower arms, I only put a 2mm spacer,it's supposed to be 3mm spacers total right? 3mm spacers won't fit. Only 2mm will fit and there's a 0.6mm gap where the arm is moving front and back.

And when I put the front belt with the "f" letter completely vertical, the belt seems too tight. I adjusted it to the most loose possible position. Is that a problem if its in the loose position,the position the manual wants is just too tight that when u turn the center pulley, the train is not so free.
GPXJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #319
asc
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 29
Default

I just finished putting my 747 together and have the same 2 issues as above also. (Front belt and lower front arms).

In addition I have assembled and disassembled my 2 speed trans more times than I can remember, and no matter what I do the drum seems to hit/brush against the 2 speed shoes. It seems the countersunk screws that hold the drum to the 2nd spur are brushing the front of the shoes.

Has anyone experienced this and have a fix??
asc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:36 PM   #320
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPXJOE View Post
Guys help.

I just started building the car. When I put in the front lower arms, I only put a 2mm spacer,it's supposed to be 3mm spacers total right? 3mm spacers won't fit. Only 2mm will fit and there's a 0.6mm gap where the arm is moving front and back.

And when I put the front belt with the "f" letter completely vertical, the belt seems too tight. I adjusted it to the most loose possible position. Is that a problem if its in the loose position,the position the manual wants is just too tight that when u turn the center pulley, the train is not so free.
Only 2mm spacers for the front/rear wheelbase.

Regading the "f", this is your belt tension adjuster. Both left and right need to be set the same, but try each slot so the belt feels right. I think mine were in the 2nd position when first built.
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:45 AM   #321
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MANILA,PHILIPPINES
Posts: 536
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_T View Post
Only 2mm spacers for the front/rear wheelbase.

Regading the "f", this is your belt tension adjuster. Both left and right need to be set the same, but try each slot so the belt feels right. I think mine were in the 2nd position when first built.
hi michael,

thanks for the response. but just to be clear about the front lower arms. should the lower arms have a "play" or a looseness of around 0.6mm if you move the arm frontwards to backwards? the reason im asking this is because if yes there should be a play, doesnt that make the wheelbase of the front unstable?or am i just over reacting? is this 0.6mm gap NEGLIGIBLE?

and in the first place, if it should have only a 2mm spacer total, why is there a 3mm spacer included in the box?

im thinking of sanding down a 2mm spacer to make it around 1.5mm then add that to a 1mm spacer to make a total 2.5mm.and il see what happens. unless michael says otherwise. is the car supposed to have that 0.6mm play?

abou the belt,i really dont know what amount of belt tension "feels good" but all i know from my friends is this, the more free the drive train, the less resistance in the engine, connecting rod and clutch. please enlighten me because the expert i used to ask switched to electric cars and has moved.

thanks in advance michael
GPXJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #322
Tech Elite
 
nitrobeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Colonia, NJ
Posts: 2,340
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPXJOE View Post
hi michael,

thanks for the response. but just to be clear about the front lower arms. should the lower arms have a "play" or a looseness of around 0.6mm if you move the arm frontwards to backwards? the reason im asking this is because if yes there should be a play, doesnt that make the wheelbase of the front unstable?or am i just over reacting? is this 0.6mm gap NEGLIGIBLE?

and in the first place, if it should have only a 2mm spacer total, why is there a 3mm spacer included in the box?

im thinking of sanding down a 2mm spacer to make it around 1.5mm then add that to a 1mm spacer to make a total 2.5mm.and il see what happens. unless michael says otherwise. is the car supposed to have that 0.6mm play?

abou the belt,i really dont know what amount of belt tension "feels good" but all i know from my friends is this, the more free the drive train, the less resistance in the engine, connecting rod and clutch. please enlighten me because the expert i used to ask switched to electric cars and has moved.

thanks in advance michael
To me that play isnt a big deal, but make sure the piece that holds the pins in is nice and straight. Im talking about the one that mounts on the side of the bulk head.

As for the belts dont make them tight or too loose. The belts will stretch a little after use and you dont want them slipping. Hope that helps.
__________________
Rui Goncalves
Team CRC|Awesomatix USA|TQ Wire|
Jackson curbs, ready for lift off!
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:57 AM   #323
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MANILA,PHILIPPINES
Posts: 536
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post
To me that play isnt a big deal, but make sure the piece that holds the pins in is nice and straight. Im talking about the one that mounts on the side of the bulk head.

As for the belts dont make them tight or too loose. The belts will stretch a little after use and you dont want them slipping. Hope that helps.
it helps Rui thanks!
GPXJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:24 AM   #324
Tech Apprentice
 
Thybaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPXJOE View Post
it helps Rui thanks!
The arms should have as little play as possible, while still moving free, 0,6mm is a little to much for my taste.
__________________
Serpent 733 TE | RB Touring 9, Novarossi N12T1 | Sav÷x SC-1257TG | Ko Propo EX-10 EURUS
Thybaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:30 AM   #325
asc
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc View Post
I just finished putting my 747 together and have the same 2 issues as above also. (Front belt and lower front arms).

In addition I have assembled and disassembled my 2 speed trans more times than I can remember, and no matter what I do the drum seems to hit/brush against the 2 speed shoes. It seems the countersunk screws that hold the drum to the 2nd spur are brushing the front of the shoes.

Has anyone experienced this and have a fix??
Anyone have any comments on the 2 speed issue??
asc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #326
Tech Elite
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,963
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc View Post
Anyone have any comments on the 2 speed issue??
This is normal with a fresh shoe. I sand a little material from the two speed shoes until it spins freely.


Pass you soon...
__________________
Elliott Hart
Serpent America
Desoto Racing Team
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:04 AM   #327
Tech Elite
 
Serpent-Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,848
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

I don't use the other 2 set screws. But this also wears the shoe a bit faster
__________________
Inf1nity CM Beat1 Racing
Serpent-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #328
Tech Elite
 
Serpent-Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,848
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

@Kraceway
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent 747 1/10 200mm touring @Nurnberg Toy Fair 2012-image.jpg  
__________________
Inf1nity CM Beat1 Racing
Serpent-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:30 AM   #329
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 172
Default

anyone know the difference between the standard kit "black" shock pistons, and the optional "white" shock pistons (part 160118)?

Eg: 2 hole black piston vs 2 hole white piston?
implusepro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:02 AM   #330
asc
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
This is normal with a fresh shoe. I sand a little material from the two speed shoes until it spins freely.


Pass you soon...
Thanks for your help, I already tried sanding the shoe, but I will sand a little more and hopefully be ok.

Also, can someone please explain the setup sheet to me - with Ackerman adjustment (standard sheet) - do the black dots represent where the screws are supposed to go e.g. On the stock setup to the rear and to the outside, or where the holes are, to the front and closer together?

This also relates to the shock pistons, one hole has a dot on each, should I be using the 1 hole pistons, or does this mean 3 hole?

Appreciate the help.
asc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
rc-world, serpent, serpent 747, toy fair


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:43 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net