R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #31
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i will also comment on the weight issue. last year i was around 1650 with 2 full size servos, standard weight body, steel screws, and some aluminum parts i installed for strength. there are a few more option parts i have not installed and i have a few other ideas i am gonna put to work for the upcoming season to see how far i can push the weight limit! I raced my nt-1 very aggressively with no failures i would relate to the way i constructed i build. so i would say the nt-1 is great for durability and performance at all different weight ranging from 1725 to 1550. i can say that i witnessed some other brands that didnt hold up so well at races i attended. nt-1 all the way without a doubt....
automagic302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #32
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

any update???
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by automagic302 View Post
i will also comment on the weight issue. last year i was around 1650 with 2 full size servos, standard weight body, steel screws, and some aluminum parts i installed for strength. there are a few more option parts i have not installed and i have a few other ideas i am gonna put to work for the upcoming season to see how far i can push the weight limit! I raced my nt-1 very aggressively with no failures i would relate to the way i constructed i build. so i would say the nt-1 is great for durability and performance at all different weight ranging from 1725 to 1550. i can say that i witnessed some other brands that didnt hold up so well at races i attended. nt-1 all the way without a doubt....
Its not really saying much I think.... I managed to get a comparitively heavy G4S down to 1600g. Back on 07/08 ........... Just not a good enough driver to take advantage of it was all.
This is really the same old Nt1 a good car...... but still the same.

BM
Old 04-03-2012, 12:23 AM   #34
Tech Adept

Does any body know a release date if so can u please let me know so I can get mine on preorder with my boss at Middle River Hobbies the best place in Baltimore to shop rc of any kind so people please let me know asap
Old 04-03-2012, 12:30 AM   #35
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by derector_doody View Post
Does any body know a release date if so can u please let me know so I can get mine on preorder with my boss at Middle River Hobbies the best place in Baltimore to shop rc of any kind so people please let me know asap
The car should arrive no later than the end of April. If you donít have your car on pre-order by now with your shop, you will not have until maybe June or later unless you purchase from another shop or Middle River ordered them and has not sold what they have ordered is what I would assume. They are going fast.

www.acornracingusa.com
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:36 AM   #36
Tech Adept

I will have my boss talk to Ralph tomorrow and have him put one on order for me he is plugged in with rcamerica so I should make the first ship date no problem I hope
Old 04-03-2012, 02:36 AM   #37
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by derector_doody View Post
I will have my boss talk to Ralph tomorrow and have him put one on order for me he is plugged in with rcamerica so I should make the first ship date no problem I hope
I donít think thatís how it works but ok, LOL. Once the shipments come in and they are lotted to other customers or shops first for pre-orders and if there is none left, Ralph not going to take a pre-order away from someone else to give to your shop.
Ralph doesn't do business like I guarantee it, but I still would not post that if he did, not good for business IMO.
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #38
Tech Apprentice

We are in April and nothing new car...
I think the Xray forgotten your customers!
rasta_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #39
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Finally,.... it is here.
www.teamxray.com/teamxray/products/proddesc.php?prod_id=4108&kategoria=0&catName=XRAY %20NT1

Just checking if anyone can tell what is the diff between this new bottom plate from the previous one (2011 spec)???
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #40
Tech Apprentice

In the whole car, it seems that only two changes were made:

Old 04-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #41
Tech Apprentice

According to my sources, the kits will be available in RcAmerica within 10 days...
Old 04-10-2012, 02:55 AM   #42
Tech Initiate

i heard from friend that it is also available at RC Mushroom soon, and hope they will offer better price
Shop at RC-Mushroom & Tower Hobbies
"There is no best way of tuning a car, all depending on your driving style"
edwardcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:08 AM   #43
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasta_man View Post
In the whole car, it seems that only two changes were made:

It seems to me that to use the lowered engine bay on the 2012 chassis , you have to use lowered engine mounts to lower the CG. Haven`t seen any info on this though.

The chassis/bottom plate from 2011 on also has more flex on the rear because of the milled area to let brass weights in you can mount in comparison to the 2009 version. Could be with the milled engine area more flex is a result. Hopefully Xray will explain how to use this with a manual like they have in the past.
djiewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:31 AM   #44
Tech Adept

Hello to all!
I have the 2012 car on my table. The new pieces are only the milled chassis and the cutted radioplate. No new engine blocks in the kit. So the engine is still at the same height as before. Don't ask me why they milled the chassis if the engine remains there :-S
Old 04-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #45
Tech Regular

Nikoracing, they mentioned on their site lowering the rc. Strange. So maybe its only a flex thing with the milled chassis.
djiewie is offline   Reply With Quote