R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #76
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
This why Hara gets paid the big bucks. He podiums at the Worlds and all of a sudden its the must have car to get? I'm sure Hara can podium with juat about any car you hand him. The real question is what LHS that currently stocks HPI parts for its RTRs will be willing to stock this car along with its parts?
I would have to say that HB / HPI distribution chain edit: In the US..is alot better than XRAY/SERPENT/CAPRICORN... And depending on the local interest in the hobby, I bet you'll find your local shop to be more willing to carry these parts. I agree the kit price is steep considering we do not have final specs. However, at tower hobbies you get $50 off with coupon and free shipping. That brings the price cheaper than an XRAY NT1 pro.
DNX408V2-NovaP5, DETC410-Reventon 1.1ex-5.5t MMM
RC10 , RC10GT2- CV-R- SAVOX,
TAMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:37 PM   #77
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtee View Post
not me i got too much money tied up in my shepherd to go get rid of it for another i would be taking a big lost. I am staying on board the velox boat
I was only half serious, Tony. Whatever you choose to drive, I'd still do whatever I could for you, man. Its all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtee View Post
whats going on Quinn And G-mac you getting them sheps ready? I got mines tore apart for the winter getting my parts stock up i will be ready for next season can't wait. now I am doing my 1/12 scale and vta
Haven't tore it down, yet. Once, I get a big parts order in, I will rebuild. No room to have it laying around in pieces.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:32 PM   #78
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMAK View Post
I would have to say that HB / HPI distribution chain edit: In the US..is alot better than XRAY/SERPENT/CAPRICORN... And depending on the local interest in the hobby, I bet you'll find your local shop to be more willing to carry these parts.
Their website is advertising the car as having high-end components: titanium, aluminum, woven graphite, etc. I think the price is on par with the current crop of similar kits. Not saying I, necessarily, like the price or prices of the current kits( I don't ), just that the R10 is right where you would expect a car of this quality to be. I mean, really - People were falling over themselves to pay $600 for the Capricorn car when it came out and I don't remember it being a "proven" kit from a company with a long history of making kits like Hpi / Hotbodies- but I DO remember the same kit breaking while just being driven around the track, in the stock form. Imagine that! Smh. I would pay top dollar for a R10. I think Hpi has earned the right to ask for it. Just wish I didn't have to, though.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
Old 11-19-2012, 11:32 PM   #79
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewdawg View Post
I would pay top dollar for a R10. I think Hpi has earned the right to ask for it. Just wish I didn't have to, though.
But you cry and moan about the price of an Xray??? I believe it has a worlds title also...no???
Old 11-20-2012, 12:48 AM   #80
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
But you cry and moan about the price of an Xray??? I believe it has a worlds title also...no???
First off - I said, "I would pay top dollar". Didn't say I was paying $600. Not paying that kind of money for ANY touring car. My top dollar and your top dollar is two different things. For argument's sake, $600 is better than $670(Xray wc), any day. Either way, its too rich for my blood. The point of the post is that its on par with every other expensive touring car. You're smart enough to know this. Ever the firestarter, huh? Smh.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:31 AM   #81
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

I'm sure that the R10 is a pretty good car, but going to order one just because Hara, Leino and Moore looked that good at the worlds is not very smart IMHO.

Hara lives there and he developed this car at this track.
He's got it sorted out and gave the setups to Leino and Moore (Leino said so in an interview).

This was a very special track and nobody knows how the car would perform on more common nitro tracks.

Also, those three guys would have been fast with any car, given enough time to set it up for this track.

I would also not go out and get a KM right away, based on the rersults of this race, although I thought Meen's and Balestri's car handled incredibly well.

Again, Meen is a local guy and he spent endless hours there to get the car sorted out.....
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:03 AM   #82
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
I'm sure that the R10 is a pretty good car, but going to order one just because Hara, Leino and Moore looked that good at the worlds is not very smart IMHO.

He's got it sorted out and gave the setups to Leino and Moore (Leino said so in an interview).

This was a very special track and nobody knows how the car would perform on more common nitro tracks.

Also, those three guys would have been fast with any car, given enough time to set it up for this track.

I would also not go out and get a KM right away, based on the rersults of this race, although I thought Meen's and Balestri's car handled incredibly well.

Again, Meen is a local guy and he spent endless hours there to get the car sorted out.....
Nothing special or abnormal about that track. Its eerily similar to my hometrack. The truth is that the Hpi/HB & KM Racing teams were just better prepared - period. It doesn't take months to figure out what works at a track for these guys, either. I'll admit that added track time would allow you to extract more from the car, but we're not talking about two or three laps above the competitors. Qualifying was close. There was Hpi/HB, Capricorn and Mugen and KM. No one else seemed to have their acts together. If, you don't put in the proper time at a track, you'll get beat - and handily. It's no different for these guys. I really wish people would stop trying to put an asterisk next to a win. It's such a cop-out. IT WAS THE WORLD'S, PEOPLE. They shoulda had their sh%t together!

Old 11-20-2012, 03:06 AM   #83
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

If you say "period", that means that that's what it is, right?
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:38 AM   #84
Tech Rookie

Quote:

yes, meen got a whole different front end on his car except the rear stays, he has mugen shocks & electric spring all the way around, same goes to balestri with kyosho shocks, so if you give meen any other car, he will do the same to get the world title. if not mistaken, I think he even has a different chassis which is not even KM, he can say anything now coz the car must have taken apart
chingong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:58 AM   #85
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid

Quote:
First off - I said, "I would pay top dollar". Didn't say I was paying $600. Not paying that kind of money for ANY touring car. My top dollar and your top dollar is two different things. For argument's sake, $600 is better than $670(Xray wc), any day. Either way, its too rich for my blood. The point of the post is that its on par with every other expensive touring car. You're smart enough to know this. Ever the firestarter, huh? Smh.
we both race, same top dollar. somebody has to follow you around and burn things down. Tory does it to me, i just make it full circle.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:21 AM   #86
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
we both race, same top dollar. somebody has to follow you around and burn things down. Tory does it to me, i just make it full circle.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:40 AM   #87
Tech Elite

Quote:
If you say "period", that means that that's what it is, right?
Stefan, are you really going to stick with this "special circumstances" speech for this car? You REALLY think that car won't work anywhere else??? Think about it: if a car can work under all the changing conditions and type of track (which is a ridiculous thing to say ), that's being reported here, chances are, is that it will work anywhere. Right? It's a testament to all the cars running really well there. But I believe ALL of these cars will work on any track. Who would design a car to work in only one location? The simple fact that these cars come with so many tuning options tells you they are equipped to perform wherever you take it. Smh

Old 11-20-2012, 09:07 AM   #88
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

You can not compare a track with loads of rubber running a tire treatment with a standard Europian track or a American parking lot track with low grip and no tire additives.

Tire treatment can make the most worst car to drive good.....

So yes, the car has to be tested in different circumstances to be sure it is good.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:40 AM   #89
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
You can not compare a track with loads of rubber running a tire treatment with a standard Europian track or a American parking lot track with low grip and no tire additives.

Tire treatment can make the most worst car to drive good.....

So yes, the car has to be tested in different circumstances to be sure it is good.
Who said, all American tracks are parking lot tracks with no grip??? Apparently, you haven't raced here, because you would know better than to make that assumption. Tire sauce or treatment is an additive to help increase traction. It should not BE your traction - and will not turn a bad handling car into a TQ'ing machine. Your set-up knowledge or lack there of, which appears to be the case here, carriers 95% of your car's handling ability. It's about knowing when and when not to use it and the proper amount and duration. I have raced on many different paved surfaces. No two were the same. Permanent, parking lot, purpose built permanent tracks (there's a distinct difference) and carpet tracks, which also vary.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #90
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Stefan, are you really going to stick with this "special circumstances" speech for this car? You REALLY think that car won't work anywhere else??? Think about it: if a car can work under all the changing conditions and type of track (which is a ridiculous thing to say ), that's being reported here, chances are, is that it will work anywhere. Right? It's a testament to all the cars running really well there. But I believe ALL of these cars will work on any track. Who would design a car to work in only one location? The simple fact that these cars come with so many tuning options tells you they are equipped to perform wherever you take it. Smh
Quote:
Who said, all American tracks are parking lot tracks with no grip??? Apparently, you haven't raced here, because you would know better than to make that assumption. Tire sauce or treatment is an additive to help increase traction. It should not BE your traction - and will not turn a bad handling car into a TQ'ing machine. Your set-up knowledge or lack there of, which appears to be the case here, carriers 95% of your car's handling ability. It's about knowing when and when not to use it and the proper amount and duration. I have raced on many different paved surfaces. No two were the same. Permanent, parking lot, purpose built permanent tracks (there's a distinct difference) and carpet tracks, which also vary.
+1 You are absolutely correct PERIOD!!! This is the essence of what I was saying a few pages back, that there will be some who will try in some way, form and/or fashion to diminish the performance of this particular car instead of just accepting it as a viable competitor. Naysayers: "The car was only competitive because it was Hara's home track and it was built to run on that track" Real Talk: "BS, each manufacturer choose there own destiny by how much or litte time/development they put into being competitive." All I gotta say is stop bitchin' and SACK UP to everyone still talkin' that drama!!!