R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-16-2012, 02:24 AM   #61
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

All i could say is that right now the car looks very promising. Lets see what it comes out from the worlds for HB and Hpi.

The car looks to have better cornering speed than the rest but we dont know if teemus car is 100% a Hb car because the clutch looks like the capricorn.
Neal Smith Mods.
Alpha Tires and Body.
Joseph16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:59 AM   #62
Tech Elite

Location: Beneath a rock down by the river. Don't have money for van
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As usual from HB some drivers always pushing the envelope,Hara was ROAR National Champion back to back with the R40!
Old 11-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #63
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph16 View Post
All i could say is that right now the car looks very promising. Lets see what it comes out from the worlds for HB and Hpi.

The car looks to have better cornering speed than the rest but we dont know if teemus car is 100% a Hb car because the clutch looks like the capricorn.
Good suspension set-up = corner speed - not clutch. How come it has to be anything but a great car and great driving? Smh.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:42 AM   #64
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewdawg View Post
Good suspension set-up = corner speed - not clutch. How come it has to be anything but a great car and great driving? Smh.
Quinn I agree! Oh and the fact that they tested that car at that track while it was being designed! that always helps! It's nice to see another nitro tourer on the market! Spice things up some more!
Now only is KM would get a US distributor!
Old 11-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #65
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by G87z View Post
Quinn I agree! Oh and the fact that they tested that car at that track while it was being designed! that always helps!
So, are we really to think it wouldn't have worked as good, if, it was tested somewhere else??? To rephrase it: Its basically being called a one-track wonder, now??? Smh.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
Old 11-18-2012, 04:18 PM   #66
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

G-mac. Not surprising, by the way - I found the same kind of talk over in the KM HK1 thread. Smh.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:33 PM   #67
Tech Addict

Default HB R10

So who is jumping ship haha Lol
bigtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:02 AM   #68
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtee View Post
U better not. We've invested a lot of time into you, buddy.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:49 AM   #69
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
I would not jump ship based on one race with world class drivers at the wheel of the car. I am not knocking the car, I agree the it had a very strong showing at the worlds and is very impressive. I welcome more choices of platforms.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #70
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702

Quote:
there will be people who get it but they will keep it on the DL unless all goes well then they will bring it out
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:51 AM   #71
Tech Elite

Default Brilliant Move!

Guys, I think waiting to release a new car, AFTER the world's was a stroke of genius on Hpi / Hotbodies' part. The racing community has been snubbing their collective noses at Hpi race cars for many years. They're consistently viewed as second tier. It's been: "Oh its HPI, its good for what it is", which means what, exactly??? Taking it straight to the world's kills all of that nonsense in one shot. You won't have people on the sidelines waiting to see , if, whether or not it will be a proven car (because some local fast guy says so. Just because he's faster than you, it doesn't make him the authority on which cars deserve your attention). A podium finish at the world's quiets ANY thoughts of doubt. If, a company is in position to do so, they should follow this model. Can't wait to see this car at the local tracks.

Last edited by kewdawg; 11-19-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #72
Tech Addict

Quote:
U better not. We've invested a lot of time into you, buddy.
not me i got too much money tied up in my shepherd to go get rid of it for another i would be taking a big lost. I am staying on board the velox boat
Old 11-19-2012, 11:29 AM   #73
Tech Addict

Default Shepherd crew

whats going on Quinn And G-mac you getting them sheps ready? I got mines tore apart for the winter getting my parts stock up i will be ready for next season can't wait. now I am doing my 1/12 scale and vta
Old 11-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #74
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Tower Hobbies pre-order is up: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LNCZRG&P=G
DNX408V2-NovaP5, DETC410-Reventon 1.1ex-5.5t MMM
RC10 , RC10GT2- CV-R- SAVOX,
TAMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #75
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Guys, I think waiting to release a new car, AFTER the world's was a stroke of genius on Hpi / Hotbodies' part. The racing community has been snubbing their collective noses at Hpi race cars for many years. They're consistently viewed as second tier. It's been: "Oh its HPI, its good for what it is", which means what, exactly??? Taking it straight to the world's kills all of that nonsense in one shot. You won't have people on the sidelines waiting to see , if, whether or not it will be a proven car (because some local fast guy says so. Just because he's faster than you, it doesn't make him the authority on which cars deserve your attention). A podium finish at the world's quiets ANY thoughts of doubt. If, a company is in position to do so, they should follow this model. Can't wait to see this car at the local tracks.
This why Hara gets paid the big bucks. He podiums at the Worlds and all of a sudden its the must have car to get? I'm sure Hara can podium with juat about any car you hand him. The real question is what LHS that currently stocks HPI parts for its RTRs will be willing to stock this car along with its parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMAK View Post
$600 Not a chance. After what happened with the R40 many years ago how much do you think these things will be worth in about 8 months time? Stick with the names that have been around in 1/10 nitro like Mugen and Serpent.

Last edited by YR4Dude; 11-19-2012 at 02:08 PM.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote