R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #151
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
I notice this also. I don't understand the reasoning behind the extremely high price. I'm not sure how many cars they plan to sell at this price???

Pass you soon...
I know HPI had the MSRP (manufacturer's suggested retail price) up about this, but agree can't seeing too many people sold at this price in the current financial climate.
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #152
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ec1 View Post
Hello.
I just bought a couple of R10:s and have some questionmarks on what option parts fit the car:
1. I want to use plastic pulleys, xrays/capricorn seem to fit but what Light-Weight 2-speed shaft can I use and what brakerotor pulley would fit?
2. What good ventilated brake disk might fit?
3. Pivotballs are 8mm, I want som ti or alu balls - does anyone know who might be making these? Are the Mugen MTX5-balls 8mm?
4. Low friction belts?
Hi Ec1

From memory I think the front layshaft might have holes in it for pins to use a plastic pulley. The 2 speed shaft doesn't though, only the flat spots for the alloy pullies to mount. You might be better waiting for KM Racing to release their POM pullies (plastic on metal adaptor) and these will mount straight on.

Belts you can use low friction options from Xray for the NT1 or the Capricorn front and rear belts are compatible too.

Other things I can't help with at the moment I am sorry.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:54 PM   #153
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
A nice little price increase in the price for an R10 kit in the US since Hobbico/Great Planes Model took over as distributors. Both A Main and Tower have jumped from $650us to $1043us dollars....

Its now the most expensive 10th scale you can buy... People thought the Capricorn was expensive!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
I notice this also. I don't understand the reasoning behind the extremely high price. I'm not sure how many cars they plan to sell at this price???

Pass you soon...
add it to your cart and the correct price shows up, I'm sure it's some kind of error though. I thought the same thing till I added it to my cart
Old 03-08-2013, 11:25 PM   #154
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha Beast View Post
add it to your cart and the correct price shows up, I'm sure it's some kind of error though. I thought the same thing till I added it to my cart
Nice

I only checked the Towerhobbies site which still has the inflated price. Amain's price is better after you add it to your cart.
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:58 AM   #155
Tech Master

[QUOTE=lil-bump;11908225]I notice this also. I don't understand the reasoning behind the extremely high price. I'm not sure how many cars they plan to sell at this price???

although selling at high price but still china made
kyosho malaysia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #156
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default Parts distributor

Where are people getting parts for the r10? I'm considering switching to this car but don't have funds for two kits. I can't seem to find anyone with parts available, not even hb direct. The last thing I want to do is buy a new kit and have it on the shelf because I don't want to break anything.
goose510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:54 AM   #157
Ec1
Tech Adept

Quote:
Hi Ec1

From memory I think the front layshaft might have holes in it for pins to use a plastic pulley. The 2 speed shaft doesn't though, only the flat spots for the alloy pullies to mount. You might be better waiting for KM Racing to release their POM pullies (plastic on metal adaptor) and these will mount straight on.

Belts you can use low friction options from Xray for the NT1 or the Capricorn front and rear belts are compatible too.

Other things I can't help with at the moment I am sorry.
The front and rear belts from Cap/xray fit (186t/177t) but the long middlebelt is 396t and i have not found anyone that has that?
Yes the middle shaft has holes for the pins so that is no problem, but i would like to have a new shaft with no flatspots etc on it.
The 2speed shaft is the main problem, the stock is heavy and has no hole for the pin.
I want to use plastic/kevlar pullies with pin/c-clip as it is a much safer and lighter solution.

Last edited by Ec1; 03-11-2013 at 03:52 AM.
Ec1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #158
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
A nice little price increase in the price for an R10 kit in the US since Hobbico/Great Planes Model took over as distributors. Both A Main and Tower have jumped from $650us to $1043us dollars....

Its now the most expensive 10th scale you can buy... People thought the Capricorn was expensive!
I saw that and thought it was a misprint, I'm sorry but that's out of hand, you can almost put together a whole new kit with motor and servos minus tx and Rx but that's going to make a lot of people turn their heads
JOE SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #159
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE SI View Post
I saw that and thought it was a misprint, I'm sorry but that's out of hand, you can almost put together a whole new kit with motor and servos minus tx and Rx but that's going to make a lot of people turn their heads
If you place it in your cart at Amain it's $551.99. Same price as everything else on the market......$30 less than nt1. $2 more than 747. $45 less than mtx5. And $220 less than R4(r u serious)! $40 less than co2
Old 03-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #160
Tech Rookie

Quote:
The front and rear belts from Cap/xray fit (186t/177t) but the long middlebelt is 396t and i have not found anyone that has that?
Yes the middle shaft has holes for the pins so that is no problem, but i would like to have a new shaft with no flatspots etc on it.
The 2speed shaft is the main problem, the stock is heavy and has no hole for the pin.
I want to use plastic/kevlar pullies with pin/c-clip as it is a much safer and lighter solution.
I think shepherd v10 have 396 longbelt.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:59 AM   #161
Tech Elite

Quote:
http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...or-nt1-p-24036
Old 03-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #162
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by book View Post
I think shepherd v10 have 396 longbelt.
All belts from XRay NT1 fit the HBR10.

Belts for HB are S3M186 = 62 teeth
S3M396 =132 teeth
S3M177 = 59 teeth
To calculate number of teeth, you divide las 3 digits on belt by 3

Other belts that fit are:
For the front = rear serpent 733, rear team magic g4rs, front Xray and Capricorn.
For the Rear = rear Xray, rear Mugen Mtx4-5 and Capricorn
For the Side = Xray

regards
afm
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:58 AM   #163
Ec1
Tech Adept

Ok, thanks AFM.

Capricorn brake disk fits the car.
So do all cap/xray plasticpulleys exept for the brakepulley, any solutions?
I still have not found any 2speed shaft that fits the car, but have ordered a KM to se if it fits.
Ec1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:17 AM   #164
Tech Addict

Default might run the R10 instead of the Capricorn

Hey guys,

anyone driving the R10 which had either Mugen, Xray or Capricorn in order to advise the Pro and Cons and handling differences of this car. Preferably I would like to know main difference against an Xray
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:59 PM   #165
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by afm View Post
All belts from XRay NT1 fit the HBR10.

Belts for HB are S3M186 = 62 teeth
S3M396 =132 teeth
S3M177 = 59 teeth
To calculate number of teeth, you divide las 3 digits on belt by 3

Other belts that fit are:
For the front = rear serpent 733, rear team magic g4rs, front Xray and Capricorn.
For the Rear = rear Xray, rear Mugen Mtx4-5 and Capricorn
For the Side = Xray

regards
afm
Funny how i said this earlier and got ignored