Wiki Posts
Search

team shepherd pierre r/c 101

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 02:57 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default team shepherd pierre r/c 101

There's nothing better than learning your car and understanding,the basic set-up info will set you apart from ,the other drivers ...the most cruical part of driving is tires and its good to have some knowledge of tire shores that will effect the driving performance enormously so ,I always tried to set my car around my tires and Suspension,which makes the car to me easier to dial in after testing ,the track conditions..I love a lot of steering so ,I like running softer tires like 32 up front and 35 in the rear / or 35 all around which is easier for me to set up the car without moving to far from your basic set up that comes with your car from the manufacture ...I'm not one to drive harder shore tires cause though the cars seems to drive faster and smoother it makes it harder to come out ,the corners or coming in too me ..this is why you must learn ,what your driving style is in order to properly tune your car to your driving style and skills....I like to power on a great deal so ,I'm always looking for ways to give me a lot of steering without compromising ,the cars overall performance...my first experience with tires was durning ,my career when I was driving the mugen K2 Avance 1/10th .15 outlaw class ..my limited knowledge of tuning would only allow me to use softer tires that didn't last long but gave me a lot steering ..my win came with 25 all around or 30 all around ..these were my only tires so ,my set up range was very limited when it came to crazy track conditions...I suggest for beginner drivers to study the car basic set up and use that as your bench mark and experiement from that point ,but remember to make you a journal to give reference points to all set ups that work good fro you ..when guys use other set ups you have to take into account the track conditions,drivers style cause there are very experience drivers that can drive there car using harder tires and stiffer springs ..caution learn you ,which means what works best for you ...theres so many variables in racing at this level so its very important to learn as much as possible remember knowledge is power ..good luck racing and have fun ...