R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #76
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,455
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Trickle View Post
Are there any rules on port numbers for .21's?
Shouldn't need rules for number of ports because you have been given a list of "legal" engines to use. If you use one from the list, you should be fine because they have been approved for use by the racing organizers.
__________________
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #77
Tech Regular
 
C-Trickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
Shouldn't need rules for number of ports because you have been given a list of "legal" engines to use. If you use one from the list, you should be fine because they have been approved for use by the racing organizers.
True. However, Rule #3 $200 or less. So already know that those engines are legal. But I don't have one of those, I do have a couple engines that meet the requirements that is not on their list. I know that last year people were running Axials, Piccos, etc that met the $200 rule. I heard that last year there was an additional 5 port rule on .21's. So I'd like to know if I can run one of my other engines. I was under the impression that the engine list was "suggested" engines that the locals were running.

Also, how will tech'ing the cars be handled? Is it get tech'd before you race or just the top 3 get tech'd?
C-Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #78
Tech Addict
 
scary_jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 514
Smile

Hey Clete, have you guys in 'the Notrhwest Woods' got
an actual 'commercial source' for the Axial .28 motors
any more?
scary_jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #79
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,455
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Trickle View Post
True. However, Rule #3 $200 or less. So already know that those engines are legal. But I don't have one of those, I do have a couple engines that meet the requirements that is not on their list. I know that last year people were running Axials, Piccos, etc that met the $200 rule. I heard that last year there was an additional 5 port rule on .21's. So I'd like to know if I can run one of my other engines. I was under the impression that the engine list was "suggested" engines that the locals were running.

Also, how will tech'ing the cars be handled? Is it get tech'd before you race or just the top 3 get tech'd?
Well, if that is the case with an addendum concerning a 5-port rule, then I guess some additional clarification is needed.
__________________
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #80
Tech Elite
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,674
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
Well, if that is the case with an addendum concerning a 5-port rule, then I guess some additional clarification is needed.
I would agree as the Werks B5 meets the $200 mark, but is a 5port. I believe this motor was accepted in the Midwest Series last year.

I was going to say if you need some Axial Engines, I have a "Grip Load" but then notice it said "Commercial" source.
__________________
Darkside, Sweep, BSR, Fantom, IGT Hobbies and IGT8
Byrons Fuel, ProtoForm Bodies & Futaba Radio Gear by Choice
Founding Member of CORRC .... 5280raceway
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #81
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 884
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

That is the ugliest list of engines I've ever seen. I hate to spend money on any of those. I think the $200 limit rule has been outdated for a couple of years now . You may want to consider raising the bar to $280 so we don't have to buy junk. typically the driver makes much more difference than the engine.
__________________
People spend their lives worrying about death. I'm sliding in broadside h ollering "Wow, what a ride"
spooky 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #82
Tech Elite
 
Pit-racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Cali/Texas
Posts: 2,273
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky 1 View Post
That is the ugliest list of engines I've ever seen. I hate to spend money on any of those. I think the $200 limit rule has been outdated for a couple of years now . You may want to consider raising the bar to $280 so we don't have to buy junk. typically the driver makes much more difference than the engine.
+1 I agree
__________________
Team Misfits / www.igthobbies.com / Desoto Racing / Veytrex.com / JZRacing / RcShox / IGT8 '17
Pit-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #83
Tech Regular
 
C-Trickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky 1 View Post
That is the ugliest list of engines I've ever seen. I hate to spend money on any of those. I think the $200 limit rule has been outdated for a couple of years now . You may want to consider raising the bar to $280 so we don't have to buy junk. typically the driver makes much more difference than the engine.
$280, I would be happy with a $250 rule!
C-Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #84
Tech Fanatic
 
*1speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 813
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Talking 2 cents... who wants change

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky 1 View Post
That is the ugliest list of engines I've ever seen. I hate to spend money on any of those. I think the $200 limit rule has been outdated for a couple of years now . You may want to consider raising the bar to $280 so we don't have to buy junk. typically the driver makes much more difference than the engine.
Spooky I have to Agree those engines are Fugly to say the least and way outdated.

Anyways if we cant raise the limit a few dollars I would focus on what Clete said and I Quote

Here is a list of "SPEC" motors that people are running:

To me it just says this is what a few people are running but not what I have to run.

I will have to find a better engine for the 200 dollar limit, and also do like the rest of you and plead the case that these so called 200 dollar engines are obviously JUNK and we would rather buy Quality Italian Engines for a small amount more.

What ever the outcome I will comply and be there for the race in July.

I think people who are on this forum talking about rules that wont be comming to the race should go find a tail to chase
__________________
🏁🏁🏁 🏆🏆🏆🏆 2013 XRAY XB9 GT8 🏆🏆🏆🏆 🏁🏁🏁
2013 & 2014 R.O.A.R. REGION 1 & NY State GT8 CHAMPION!!
....................... 🏆 SPONSORS 🏆 .....................
ABSOLUTE HOBBYZ / Engines Modded by The Nitro Shop
*1speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #85
Tech Regular
 
C-Trickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *1speedy View Post
I think people who are on this forum talking about rules that wont be comming to the race should go find a tail to chase
C-Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #86
Tech Adept
 
Connor B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Battle Ground, WA
Posts: 224
Default Wow...

I believe we should have the $200 or less rule... first because some of us just dont have the money to go out and spend on motors here and there like its nothing, and second with a $200 rule it will be closer and harder racing. So people will actualy have a chance to win like me im only 17 and dont have $200 just to spend out on an engine so i think we should have the limit to have closer racing....
Thats just my 2 cents....
__________________
******"GO BIG OR GO HOME"******
******HPI racing******
******T.O.P. racing*******
******2s lipo+8.5T motor+insane gear ratio= happy racer******
Connor B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #87
Tech Regular
 
C-Trickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor B. View Post
I believe we should have the $200 or less rule... first because some of us just dont have the money to go out and spend on motors here and there like its nothing, and second with a $200 rule it will be closer and harder racing. So people will actualy have a chance to win like me im only 17 and dont have $200 just to spend out on an engine so i think we should have the limit to have closer racing....
Thats just my 2 cents....
I hear ya on keeping the cost of racing low. However, the cheap engine rule is a double edged sword. Cheaper engine up front, but they tend to not last as long. I know that for just another $30 or $40 you can get a much nicer engine that will last much longer than the $200 engine, i.e. RB Rally 11, Werks B6, Nova S21P5XLT, Go GX7R, multiple Alpha's/Procirotate/Tecnopower/Ascendancy engines.

For just that little push to $250, I feel that you can get an engine that will be stronger, longer. My two cents.
C-Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #88
Tech Adept
 
Connor B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Battle Ground, WA
Posts: 224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Trickle View Post
I hear ya on keeping the cost of racing low. However, the cheap engine rule is a double edged sword. Cheaper engine up front, but they tend to not last as long. I know that for just another $30 or $40 you can get a much nicer engine that will last much longer than the $200 engine, i.e. RB Rally 11, Werks B6, Nova S21P5XLT, Go GX7R, multiple Alpha's/Procirotate/Tecnopower/Ascendancy engines.

For just that little push to $250, I feel that you can get an engine that will be stronger, longer. My two cents.
Sure as long as it stays at $250 because im a broke A$$ teenager that is just runnin' what he brungin' . Also is there any rules regulating a center diff?
__________________
******"GO BIG OR GO HOME"******
******HPI racing******
******T.O.P. racing*******
******2s lipo+8.5T motor+insane gear ratio= happy racer******
Connor B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #89
Tech Regular
 
C-Trickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor B. View Post
Sure as long as it stays at $250 because im a broke A$$ teenager that is just runnin' what he brungin' . Also is there any rules regulating a center diff?
I think that the $200 rule is outdated, it's time to update to the $250 rule.

But center diff, you won't survive lol. If you're running a buggy conversion you better invest in a 2 speed. Or you'll be frying your engine the first qualifying.
C-Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #90
Tech Adept
 
Connor B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Battle Ground, WA
Posts: 224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Trickle View Post
I think that the $200 rule is outdated, it's time to update to the $250 rule.

But center diff, you won't survive lol. If you're running a buggy conversion you better invest in a 2 speed. Or you'll be frying your engine the first qualifying.
How would it fry my engine? Im running a converted ofna 1/8 buggy platform center diff with... i think and aftermarket 3.5" ofna motor...
im not sure if it will survive because i bought it a month ago, is this a good platform?
__________________
******"GO BIG OR GO HOME"******
******HPI racing******
******T.O.P. racing*******
******2s lipo+8.5T motor+insane gear ratio= happy racer******
Connor B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:05 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net