Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4th annual TIMEZONE GRAND PRIX July 20,21,22, 2012

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 09:53 AM
Tech Regular

Default TZGP

hey guys just got these pictures from Dave hope the link works for you all.

Rick

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pv3fmr3oe0pekjm/hQDosvlo0q
Old 07-25-2012, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fabman
hey guys just got these pictures from Dave hope the link works for you all.

Rick

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pv3fmr3oe0pekjm/hQDosvlo0q
Rick those are graduations pics.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:43 AM
Tech Regular

look at the folder just above richard's picture
the one labled TZR 2012
Old 07-25-2012, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

http://joshuasouthoaks.blogspot.ca/

I have a few pics, but his will be the place where my gopro race videos are posted in a day or two.

Thank you everyone for such a great event. It was a great first time, and definitely not the last!
Old 07-25-2012, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

THANKS RICK, AWESOME PIC'S....
Old 07-25-2012, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Billy you are not allowed to view the photos since you did not attend we missed you in Masters..

Just wanted to take a quick moment since I am almost caught back up. Like Rick said we want to thank everyone who took the time and money to attend the race this year. When Rick, Richard, and I built the track 11 years ago we never dreamed we would have some of the top drivers in the world attend our races and put on a show like they did, we try hard to make sure we get the track as dialed as possible, and since I have a 9 to 5 job for the next 18 months out at Intel I was not there as much before the race as I was in the years past. I got to thank Rick and Richard for covering for me this year, and the hard work really paid off.

A very special thanks goes out to the manufactures that stepped up and provided some great give away items for the racers

RC America for and amazing 2012 NT1 to Fast Eddie Dinnter for winning the 10th Scale "C" Main

Absolute Hobbyz for all of the shirts fuel bottles and the .21 motor to Kevin Jones the winner of the 8th Scale "C" Main

Sweep Racing for the shirts, pit mats, car stands, and tires.

Byron's Racing Fuel for the quart bottles we gave away

These things all helped make a good event great, and just the vibe you felt walking around the pits everyone having a great time and trying to figure out the track to tough to tame.....

Thanks again guys and see you all next year....
Old 07-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

next year, to many things going on this year, I watched on liverc as much as I could, lol.

www.acornracingusa.com
for serious on-road racers and products
Old 07-25-2012, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It doesn't get any better than this! Thanks to the St Cyr. family for all the wonderful hospitality and hard work that goes into this terrific race!
Special thanks to Dana for dialing in my motors and being my pit guy, too bad for my melt downs in both mains
Apologies to Brian Bodine for the "Drunkin Wilderness Walk" that ended up at the door of your van, keeping your doors locked usually keeps me out
Thanks to all who spent the many hours of travel to come out and enjoy our little slice of nitro heaven....

Did Rick say July 18-21, 2013?????

COUNTDOWN

1 Year
12 Months
359 Days
8616 Hours
516,960 Minutes
31,017,600 Seconds

Ryan
Old 07-25-2012, 05:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I also learned a new term and looks like I took a shot at doing it "in" the sweeper...

AUGERED IN BABY!!!

4th annual TIMEZONE GRAND PRIX July 20,21,22, 2012-car05.jpg

Next time down I will have a better colored body too, great choice on anything resembling the color of grass... not.

Got lawn darts?
Old 07-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Man alive, was that a week ago !!??**

Keep seeing so many faces wrapped up in blissed out concentration over their toy cars............one way of keeping trouble off the streets.

Took til Weds for my lungs to clear out, 3AM for one final hack of oil to spit in the toilet bowl. Nitro punishes my respiration system to the limit, that's why I love it so much.

Great to see Spookie again, thanks for the loan of the motor, it is a fast little lump that, totally revealed how screwed I was in the brake dept on the Cobra GT. Got ally 2 speed bulk heads coming and a nice new Nova Rossi lump. Just wish I'd have known the state of play before the race, as the Serpent is a brilliant car and I would have been so much happier without all the niggly head aches.

But the company made up for all the heart aches. Thanks Dana for goading me into changing up my gearing and tuning up the Werks POS so I could really see how useless it was !! Jerry, was great to spend time talking shop and I think you have the best Camaro. Andy Liu, next time I'll make your life a lot harder, specially as you're such a nice chap.........

Head gone, still wanna be at the track, it was soooooooo fab........

Jacko
Old 07-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

http://joshuasouthoaks.blogspot.com/...prix-2012.html

the videos that i managed to take are up.

Sorry to those that I didnt record, will make it up next year
Old 07-27-2012, 07:35 AM
Tech Addict

I think that dana and the owner of tammies hobbies took some really cool movies from the "skycam" .. i cant wait to see thoss too..
Old 07-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld
I think that dana and the owner of tammies hobbies took some really cool movies from the "skycam" .. i cant wait to see thoss too..
All that footage was on Andy's computer. That was some cool stuff, especially the crash inside the container.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Want to give a big thanks to mr pull hard also for the help in race central and his fine work on the green flag....

I have all the video from Craig on my laptop thanks to Blake for shrinking the file size. I'll try and get one up here
Old 07-30-2012, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Well, finally back home in Colorado. Spent a few days in Seattle before before doing 500 miles south down Hwy 101, and then across California to Reno and then home. (1920 miles - some WAY TOOOOOO Boring)

But, I had a great time and am already planning to make the race next year. Just have to get an engine that runs after refueling or does not eat 3/4 of the piston skirt, while running.

Doc / Gus thanks for pitting the car. You both got a work out .... Stupid Engine.

Fun pitting with 1*Speedy and Andy, you guys made great progress with the Xray car.

Nice to race and pit with the Utah aka "Spooky Clan"

To all the Holigans - Nice to put some faces with the posts

To all who made this event happen - THANKS! See you next year!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.