Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho Inferno different color chassis >

Kyosho Inferno different color chassis

Kyosho Inferno different color chassis

Old 01-24-2012, 11:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Kyosho Inferno different color chassis

is there a chart listing the different color chassis' made for the inferno gt/gt2/gt2 PRO/mp7.5/kanai/neo/mp9, etc? i know the gt and gt2 are dark blue and the gt2 PRO is red and the neo is black, but which one is the gun metal gray made for?
Old 01-24-2012, 11:47 AM
Tech Addict

Smile gun metal color chassis

You might be looking at the 777 chassis pan. It's an option for use w/gt but has different spacing for steering support holes. (use 777 ackerman plate also)

We use that for 'stronger' aluminum pan and 'better steering'

(forgot to mention there is a 'short' version/'long version'.....gt1/gt2)
Old 01-24-2012, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
You might be looking at the 777 chassis pan. It's an option for use w/gt but has different spacing for steering support holes. (use 777 ackerman plate also)

We use that for 'stronger' aluminum pan and 'better steering'

(forgot to mention there is a 'short' version/'long version'.....gt1/gt2)
hmmm, thanks, it could be...got a pic of a 777 chassis (or link to one)? 'cause the one i see when i google "inferno 777 chassis" doesnt look the same as that pcmshop one...the milled cutout below the engine
Old 01-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Tech Addict

Smile chassis

I had to check out that 'pcm' reference. interesting...
I had to check in my hobby room to verify i still had one of the 'milled' chassis in the lineup. Mine is a "dragon" of of ebay. They were the rage in our group for a while but didn't turn out to be that 'bulletproof' in crashes. They are milled, have etched dragon name and are black, not gunmetal color. (went up from $38 to ??)
Latest car i'm running is the 777 that requires you to mill out for 2 speed and use the 777 steering top plate over the different bolt spacing for steering supports and the 777 ackerman link. (smooth, not milled out)
I don't have a link for the milled 777 you're looking for. Every once in a while i'll see a reference to a 'special' version but i think those might be rare.
The dragon is similar in looks to that 'half 8' on the pcm site with the milled out sections.
You might be after a special edition 'kanai' or such.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
...You might be after a special edition 'kanai' or such.
YES! thanks Jerry, I beleive I do have a MP7.5 Kanai 2 special main chassis, here is exactly what mine looks like on amainhobbies

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...s-MP75-Kanai-2

then if you scroll down a little bit, you can see the 777 chassis with the "milled out" portion below the engine.