R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Nitro car problem :/

Hi there, i'm having some problems with my R/C Car, everytime i switch the car and controller on the car shakes like hell! Both wheels and throttle then once i am about 5ft away it go's out of range and stops working altogether, i noticed loose wires on my batterypack on the car so i changed that and still have the same problem. Any help would be great, Thanks.
bam12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:09 AM   #2
Tech Addict

Smile car twitch

I've seen some pretty good analysis on here by car guys that don't even ask what model it is. If someone mentions those kinds of problems i ask - what car?-crystal radio?-recent crash?-antenna wire close to servos or other wiring?-exposed battery wire touching something it shouldn't?-wreck damage to servo?

Not sure if you can get any immediate help out of that 'wild guess' but take a look at your wire clearances.
scary_jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_jerry View Post
I've seen some pretty good analysis on here by car guys that don't even ask what model it is. If someone mentions those kinds of problems i ask - what car?-crystal radio?-recent crash?-antenna wire close to servos or other wiring?-exposed battery wire touching something it shouldn't?-wreck damage to servo?

Not sure if you can get any immediate help out of that 'wild guess' but take a look at your wire clearances.
Some ideas...

Antenna is broken on receiver
Serious radio interference.
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #4
Tech Rookie

thanks, have looked at all wire connections and all seems fine, no loose connections or anything, both chips on control and car are same but have just noticed the control is a different make to the servo ......... i bought the car second hand off a good friend, could the control be the problem?
Old 01-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

another thing, i went into a model shop and asked for some advice and he said change the frequency on the receiver, i'm new to this hobby so havn't got much of a clue to be honest! :/ my receiver is AM,

Last edited by bam12; 01-14-2012 at 01:31 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 01-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)
Default help

well for one thing you will get alot more radio hits when useing am radios , its better to get a fm radio and even better yet get a 2.4 radio and that really helps against radio hits , on some of the older servos and radios you had to have the wires changed on the servo so the positive and negative wires are in the right spot best bet is search for the radio you have and find out all info on that radio , and that may shed some light on your problem
CRC Gen XL / Xray 09 , t2r pro / CW sprint and CW rocket / Kyosho evolva m3 / Tekin rs / Futaba 4pks / Trinity / Dirtburners thanks Bill / 1/8th racers of Toledo / Trex chassi / Summit Race way / Stateline
LAZER SPEEDWAY where all else IS just a parking lot / Hobby Stop West Raceway
2056dennis is offline   Reply With Quote