Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default adjustment

Originally Posted by VintageKyosho
Clutch adjustment on Gt-4, How to?
what exactly you trying to adjust and is it the centax clutch
Old 01-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No idea what clutch it is, I picked the car up for $25 (deal) with two controllers and all the electronics on it and a it has the hop up chassis, All it needed was a new glow plug and she runs, but the clutch will slip, say if I try to get on it quick around a turn, she'll loose all acceleration till she comes to a complete stop than it will than go.
Says in pdf on yokomo site to adjust clutch nut, but all I see is one little allen bolt and it's already tight.

I can take picture of car if necessary.

I believe it's the stock clutch, going to remove motor and take a better look at the clutch

Last edited by VintageKyosho; 01-02-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Tech Initiate

took the clutch apart, the clutch bell had a some grease in it, clean it cleaned the shoes, problem solved.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default clutch

took the clutch apart, the clutch bell had a some grease in it, clean it cleaned the shoes, problem solved.
sorry didn't check with you earlier not on everyday glad to hear its working for you.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Initiate

No prob, just glad i didn't have to source out a new clutch, parts seam hard to find so far.

If anyone knows where to get belt replacements, especially the long belt that runs down the side let me know please.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

No prob, just glad i didn't have to source out a new clutch, parts seam hard to find so far.

If anyone knows where to get belt replacements, especially the long belt that runs down the side let me know please.
You can use other clutches on your Yok. It all depends on the type of motor mount and the module gears you have. Most likely its 32 pitch. I believe you can use the 3D clutch from the original Kyosho VoneR series on the Yokomo. However you can't use the clutch from the later Kyosho Evo or RRRs because they use different gears. You might also try looking for an old centrax style clutch from the older Mugen MTX2.

As for parts, SpeedtechRC posted some time ago that they found a bunch of old GT4 parts from storage and were selling them cheap. Give them a call.

Here's their link:

www.speedtechrc.com
Old 11-26-2011, 04:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Does anyone happen to know if there are any made to fit replacement shock absorbers still out there for the GT4? I really just need one replacement front but am willing to use a set of equivalent replacements on there if they fit (and may even provide better performance/handling)...

Thanks!
SL
Old 11-27-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SLRChead
Does anyone happen to know if there are any made to fit replacement shock absorbers still out there for the GT4? I really just need one replacement front but am willing to use a set of equivalent replacements on there if they fit (and may even provide better performance/handling)...

Thanks!
SL
I think its safe to say that any onroad nitro sedan shock and spring combo will work. So if you can find one for like a Mugen MTX3 or MTX4, you should be okay. I you want to spend more, you can look into getting XRay or Serpent shocks. I think the XRay shocks can be built with adjustable dampening.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have the original shocks and some other parts as well.. But the plastic shocks are not good at all.. Just buy a second hand 'current' car (xray, mugen) as they perform much better and you can easily get parts.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
I think its safe to say that any onroad nitro sedan shock and spring combo will work. So if you can find one for like a Mugen MTX3 or MTX4, you should be okay. I you want to spend more, you can look into getting XRay or Serpent shocks. I think the XRay shocks can be built with adjustable dampening.
Thanks for the advice. I will start searching for a set...

Originally Posted by jarkkom
I have the original shocks and some other parts as well.. But the plastic shocks are not good at all.. Just buy a second hand 'current' car (xray, mugen) as they perform much better and you can easily get parts.
I can appreciate the advice on just getting a more current car, but for as little as I paid for this one (and with x-mas presents to buy now), it's just not in the cards yet. I would like to get a current 4x4 sometime in the coming year, but this is going to have to hold me over for now.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation Bringing back the Yokomo GT4

So it's Dec. 2011 and I've decided to resurrect my Yokomo GT4 S. (My own designation, as it is a mix of all the Yokes). Other than me having a parts car, only one, I see that all the old links to parts are either no good or they just stopped carrying them. I know the car has been discontinued for a while, I am currently looking for cheap, no motor rollers to buy for parts. Come on, there has to be someone out there besides me who is doing this. So I'll put this out there...post any info you have or PDF's of parts sheets, ie, exploded view, etc. Lets bring the Yokes back! Let's get this this thread hot again!
Old 12-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was thinking about selling off my stuff......just posted up a few places and not really any hits
Old 12-27-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Siccmade
I was thinking about selling off my stuff......just posted up a few places and not really any hits
Well what do you have in the way of GT4 parts?
Old 12-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Siccmade

How much? I got a couple of GT-4s on my shelf, one is totaled the other needing parts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.