R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-29-2003, 06:58 PM   #781
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
power is what you need for GP. i would give up the little weight and use a 9451 for steering. 9550 for throttle.
I've had good luck with the 9550 for steering in my ep, seems to have plenty of power... If it doesnt work right, I'll just switch, I have the 9451 for throttle now.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 07:49 PM   #782
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
I've had good luck with the 9550 for steering in my ep, seems to have plenty of power... If it doesnt work right, I'll just switch, I have the 9451 for throttle now.
9550 still work but i think its power is a bit marginal. steering drag is much different between rubber tire and foam tire due to different traction. Holding power of steering servo plays very important role on consistent cornering.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 09:07 PM   #783
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
9550 still work but i think its power is a bit marginal. steering drag is much different between rubber tire and foam tire due to different traction. Holding power of steering servo plays very important role on consistent cornering.
Well I'll give it a shot, bought it to be low cg, if it doesnt work, I'll switch the servos, or buy another S9451.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 09:22 PM   #784
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,842
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Thanks, it was nice meeting you too, Francis. I guess I still have some catch up to do to compete with you guys.

I plan to make Rev my home track, so you will be seeing a lot of more of me.

Randman, I run 45f 42r and it runs good, although I was still on the verge of traction rolling on sunday. I have tried the same shore all the way around and it just doesnt work for me, too much steering.

Thanks,

Steven Muller
MPP Palmaris Racing Team.
__________________
Steven Muller
AKA El Pibe RUFAST? HAHA!!!
Ronin Speed Parts
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 09:37 PM   #785
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Well I'll give it a shot, bought it to be low cg, if it doesnt work, I'll switch the servos, or buy another S9451.
tell me your finding. may be i am too worrying about the small size servo. I might switch to 9550 for steering if you have a good result with it !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 09:47 PM   #786
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
tell me your finding. may be i am too worrying about the small size servo. I might switch to 9550 for steering if you have a good result with it !
Works great in my SD... I'll give results with the GT4 when I know em
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 09:49 PM   #787
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Works great in my SD... I'll give results with the GT4 when I know em
great ! keep me posted dude !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 09:58 PM   #788
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
great ! keep me posted dude !
You know I will... but I wont be running GP until the middle of the month or so, gotta practice for the carpet champs
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 10:05 PM   #789
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
You know I will... but I wont be running GP until the middle of the month or so, gotta practice for the carpet champs
take your time dude !! i am fine with 9550 at throttle and if it does work for steering that will be a surplus for me !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 10:22 PM   #790
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
take your time dude !! i am fine with 9550 at throttle and if it does work for steering that will be a surplus for me !
Why not use a 9451 for throttle as well? It'll have more weight lower, so it'll only help
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 10:24 PM   #791
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Why not use a 9451 for throttle as well? It'll have more weight lower, so it'll only help
i find out i dont use as much brake as the others do so i dont need a high torque servo for throttle. besides, it does look nice with a smaller throttle servo there !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 10:35 PM   #792
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
i find out i dont use as much brake as the others do so i dont need a high torque servo for throttle. besides, it does look nice with a smaller throttle servo there !
I would propably be able to drive the car fine if I didn't even hook up the break linkage and just had throttle, lol.

I run 1 way diffs even on the tightest track layout..
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 10:39 PM   #793
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
I would propably be able to drive the car fine if I didn't even hook up the break linkage and just had throttle, lol.

I run 1 way diffs even on the tightest track layout..
i believe so, the track that we usually go is small to medium size with technical infield layout. fun to play at.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 10:50 PM   #794
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
i believe so, the track that we usually go is small to medium size with technical infield layout. fun to play at.
Well hopefully I can race on that track firsthand this summer
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 10:51 PM   #795
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Well hopefully I can race on that track firsthand this summer
you will like it !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread Speedo Electric On-Road 2868 05-05-2015 03:38 PM
Yokomo MR4 BX thread..... cantona Australian Racing 110 10-04-2006 02:39 PM
HK for sale thread/wanted to buy thread....finally Got Xray? Hong Kong Racing 1 04-06-2006 09:37 PM
Yokomo new belt thread ttso Electric On-Road 1 02-23-2005 12:12 PM
Yokomo MR-4TC Thread v.2 The Black Kat Electric On-Road 1 04-18-2004 10:12 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:05 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net