R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-27-2003, 05:48 AM   #541
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Quote:
Originally posted by daniz24
Masami and other Yokomo team drivers are using brand new prototype 200mm nitro car at JMRCA... pic please

Where you got the info ? ... as far as i Know from a guy at yokomousa.com (a guy inside Yokomo), they were using a Yokomo Gt4-S (or W2L) with some improvement on suspension geometry and pinnion/gear combination, but still the old and good GT4 chassis. They will gonna work on something new ?, YES, but on the JMRCA its the GT4 chassis they are using.

Masami did GREAT but had bad luck and broke a front belt and finished 8th.

cya !

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 07:33 AM   #542
Regional Moderator

Check the JMRCA article at http://www.rczone.net/ posted by my friend Andhy...

Hmmm.... we'll get a clear picture if someone in here can post Masami's car for the JMRCA meeting...
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 09:28 AM   #543
Tech Elite

This is an extract of an answer i got a week ago from Yokomousa.com website, its written by a tech member of Yokomo :

"Details of a new car are still being decided on as far the car being belt driven or shaft driven. All the testing that has been done in the last few months have been with a GT4 chassis with some gearing and suspension mods. We are trying to come up with the best possible geometry for the car before it even turns into a prototype. I believe Masami and Chris will be attending the Pre-worlds in Febuary,there is a possibility you may see a prototype car at that event. Parts support will continue for the GT4 because the RTR is based off the same chassis. "

Old 10-28-2003, 03:48 PM   #544
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

tabushi that is pretty much the same info ive been getting
so i guess we'll have to wait what the layout will be but i'm
glad that they are working more on the suspention geometry
than just going for low cg. its good to have low cg wich i think
is a given when coming out with a new car but having a car
with good geometry is just as important along with a good
starting ratio that will cover most track lenght.
Old 11-22-2003, 10:39 PM   #545
Tech Adept

Guys, I am thinking to get a GT4W2L, but many ppl are saying there will be a NEW Yok coming, so is it time to get the W2L or wait for a NEW Yok?
Also, is the W2L too old to get it right now? Will parts support going to be hard and limited anytime soon?
Is the GT4's parts fit the W2L? Please help me out, thanks.
ckh1328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 11:23 PM   #546
Tech Addict

There is only RUMOR that Yokomo is working on a prototype. Read the posts above about it. Keep in mind, a prototype was spotted at the track, but it could be maybe 2 years until it is fully developed. For instance serpent is now just coming out with a new car that took them that amount of time to develope. The current GT4wl2 is quite excellent, so I'm sure whatever they change can only be subtle, and will take them a long time to figure out a way to make it better.

You should be able to get plenty of parts for the wl2. Besides Yokomo has a lot of following in the GT4 RTR, so they will most likely continue to carry parts for all GT4 chassis even if they do come out with a new car.
Old 11-23-2003, 01:05 PM   #547
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Mmm....new Yok....just might get me back into RC's.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 04:19 PM   #548
Tech Elite

Lets see guys ...

This thing of a new prototype its like this (i emailed a couple of guys on the yokomo usa phorum).

Tossolini and Massami (at least 3-4 weeks ago) were training together in Japan ... the car they were testing its the GT4-S chassis, but they are working on a new suspension geometry and gears ... and after they test that things on the GT4 chassis they MAYBE will appear with a Yokomo nitro prototype on the pre-worlds in Brazil february next year ...

cya !!

Old 11-23-2003, 04:30 PM   #549
Tech Adept

Um...if they are using the GT4's chassis but working with new geometry, then can I call that a GT4 with upgrade parts when they come out?
ckh1328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 12:37 AM   #550
afm
Tech Master

Check out Novarossi's web page, in news about the Japan Gp race held in October.

www.novarossi.it/index_ing.htlm

......Masami Hirosaka used prototype car with 80% Mugen parts........had some problems in final (belt), finished 8th but he made the fastest lap in the grand final.......

So picking up on all that is being said about the new car, it seems we might expect to have our new Yokomos with a similar layout as the MTX3, with redesigned suspension geometry, probably 0.8 module transmision, new centax and very low rotating mass overall??????
Sounds great to me, considering that it is being tested by two of the top drivers in Yokomo's camp.
Makes the waiting worthwile. Guess i'll stick to my upgraded GT4 PRO, because on rubber tires, like we race in Peru, it still is a highly competitive car, because the original design was based on rubber tires, not like the new crop of cars beeing lauched on the market, that are designed primarily for foams, and are hard to tune for rubber.
I hope Yokomo takes into consideration that there is still a great number of countries in which the rubber class is strong (england for example) and also test the new car with rubbers and consider the tunability for them in the new car.
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 04:47 AM   #551
Tech Elite

Mhhhh ... 80% mugen parts ... arrghhh i dont like that ...

Anyway, i will continue with my GT4-S and GT4-W2L ... its a great performer on foams and rubber ...

AFM, who tol you that last models are hard to tune for rubber ?, here in Brazil the regionals are over rubber tires (all the rest of the rulebook its IFMAR rule) and we have Yokomo's, Mugen's, Serpents, etc ... running here ...

Old 11-24-2003, 08:44 AM   #552
afm
Tech Master

Hi Tabushi
On-track experience told me. But don't get me wrong, I haven't said you can't set them, all I'm saying is that it's harder and I'm talking about last generation cars like The Team Magic G4, Kyosho Vone EVO, HPI-R40, that where designed primaraly with foams in mind. All I'm saying is that Yokomo should spend some hours with the prototype on rubbers and consider design options for them.
At any rate I think racing on rubbers is more real than foams, or is there any real 1:1 class in the world with foams, imagine a Formula 1 on foams??? jajajajajaja.
Lets keep enjoying our YOKOMOS. By the way, we might be going to the Pre-Worlds, hope I meet you there to share our experiences.
Old 11-24-2003, 09:05 AM   #553
Tech Elite

AFM my friend,

Well, i've been in Brazil since June 2002 and started racing here at December 2002 (almost a year ago) and my prior experience was always over foams ... and found that here people run the regionals over the same IFMAR rulebook, but not foams allowed (here you have 2 good national companies that produce rubber tires and one of them its EXCELENT).

Now, once i started with foams, at least in my Yokomo, the big change on the car setup was the use of more "soft" suspension and greater numbers on toe and camber settings ...

On the brand car side, here you have them all and all running rubbers and foams (once in a while during the season people organize foam races, and the national its over foams).

I will start next weekend my training "full time" over foams, cause the regionals are ended here and no more racing until next year.

I will prepare myself for the pre-world even when i know i dont have the level that its needed, but i think the experience worth the costs ...

Cya !

Old 11-24-2003, 09:15 AM   #554
afm
Tech Master

Tabushi, mi hermano
Could you give me the address and/or phone, or web page for the "excellent" rubber tire manufacturer in Brazil???
How are prices compared to known world manufacturers??
What is the dollar rate exchange in brazil??
Thanking you in advance
AFM
Old 11-24-2003, 10:48 AM   #555
Tech Elite

AFM,

The brand name of the tires its "Pro BR" and the factory does not sell directly ...

Right here in São Paulo we have a local distributor and you can call him ... his name is ARMANDO DO NASCIMENTO and the phone number its (55) 11 - 50341113 ...

Now ... i will go to Chile to visit my family for christmas, if you can wait till then i can send you a full set of tires (you will have to say me what temperature is by christmas over there) and/or get a full set of wheel/tire from my tire box and send them to you in order to get a quick practice with them ... after that you make your own desition about buy this tires or not ...

Cya !