R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-28-2003, 05:29 AM   #301
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Yokomo_King :

I have the GT4 for the last 2 years running in Spain, Venezuela and now Brazil (because of my job) ... GREAT CAR ...

And about the setup ... ive tried all in different tracks ... :

1.- Front and Rear Diff : The most "standard" transmission setup, and even with that you have a lot to play with the diff lube settings. I think its a good base star for someone who is starting to know his/her Yokomo.

2.- Front One Way - Rear Solid : I just dont like it ... i dont play a lot with the brake but when i do i do on curves (just a tap of brak) and with this setup i end spinning braking in curves.

3.- Front Solid - Rear Solid : GREAT SETUP !!! ... but it changed my driving style A LOT ... no more brakes in any position, the sterring its more on the throttle finger than on the steering one ... faster curve entries, slower in-curve speed and faster going-out-of-the-curve ... ... on mid-size and big tracks this combination rules for me and i used this combination for 7-8 months.

4.- Front Solid - Rear Diff : Im using this right now ... in brazil i usually run on a small-supertwisty-lowtraction track so the front and rear solid combination started to be a little hard to maintain a good level during all race (just a little mistake made me to lost a lot of time to recover), specially on twisty-left-right-left-right sections so i needed a little more grip and stability on the rear section ... so i changed to rear diff with 60.000 wt team orion silicone diff lube about 2 weeks ago and WOW, the car its running great and i still can use the things i learned when i was driving front-rear solids.

I agree with modellor (my front/rear solid teacher) about the front/rear solid being the best combination so far ... but at the end was demanding too much from my not-very-good-hands so i went to rear diff ... anyway if i go back to big tracks i will go back to rear diff ...

... I really hope this helps you ...

Cya !

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 08:17 AM   #302
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by rod_b
Ron - I heard that. Ian said he was gonna be one of the "Team" drivers. If that's so, that is too awesome. I've decided to work on my Yok instead of replacing it with the MTX-3. Now that Francis is "one of us" that just helps me out. Now there are 2 of you guys I can ask when I have no idea what's going on with my car.
Yup, anytime bud!
Come out and run with us soon..

Maybe sometime we can join you in
Off-Roading.. How is that going along?
Old 03-28-2003, 08:28 AM   #303
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rod_b

Francis - I'm really interested to hear what you think of the car. I've been debating for a few months now about selling mine and getting the MTX-3. But then people tell me that the GT4 still runs really well at places like Rev and CP. I tried the front and rear solids on my car and it was fun but it was hard on the tires. They didn't last very long. I just got a one-way for mine so I'm gonna try the one-way/solid rear axle thing at Revelations soon. Maybe this weekend.

Ron - I'd like to come and race with you guys. It always sounds like you guys have a lot of fun when you race...which is what it's really all about right? I'm still waiting to actually take my buggy out to the track. It's ready to go though. It's really hard to look at it and know I don't have the time to take it to the track yet. Soon though.
rod_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 09:42 AM   #304
Tech Master

Quote:
Francis - I'm really interested to hear what you think of the car. I've been debating for a few months now about selling mine and getting the MTX-3. But then people tell me that the GT4 still runs really well at places like Rev and CP. I tried the front and rear solids on my car and it was fun but it was hard on the tires. They didn't last very long. I just got a one-way for mine so I'm gonna try the one-way/solid rear axle thing at Revelations soon. Maybe this weekend.
The twin solid axles can be hard on tires but I am lucky to have one of those really weird tracks that offers extreme amounts of grip yet has an extremely low tire wear rate.

A set of Yokomo kit tires (That came with the R) has ran on the car for 3 full weekends of racing now plus several test sessions and they are still 2mm within the minimum diameter for tires at competition level.

I dont normally use the kit tires but I couldnt get anything to work one day due to temperamental weather and thought they would be great in the cold weather. The sun came out for a 30min final and these tires only wore 1mm. I got a real shock that day. Even my Elligis didnt work. For this year I am running Ufra's due to contractual purposes. Hopefully, they will be good in all conditions

If you liked the twin solid you will like the one-way/solid combo. It is good for getting into those hairpins fast. As soon as you come off the gas the car should really bite in for a faster turn.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 10:05 AM   #305
Tech Elite

Quote:
I'm really interested to hear what you think of the car. I've been debating for a few months now about selling mine and getting the MTX-3.
Dont do it!

Not that the MTX3 is not a good car to buy but
the Yoke is should be a keeper, if you ask me..
Old 03-28-2003, 10:17 AM   #306
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

rod_b :

Here in Brazil Yokomo its appearing on its first races (before i was the only one running Yokomo), cause we have a distributor now ... and the top drivers are all looking into know better the car in order to decide to change brands ...

pAT

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 10:55 AM   #307
Tech Elite

Quote:
But then people tell me that the GT4 still runs really well at places like Rev and CP. I tried the front and rear solids on my car and it was fun but it was hard on the tires. They didn't last very long. I just got a one-way for mine so I'm gonna try the one-way/solid rear axle thing at Revelations soon. Maybe this weekend.
Francis and I and some of the other guys are going to be at
Rev tomorrow. Hopefully you can make it out. I will bring the Yoke
too so we may run together. I believe Francis is going to start
breaking in his new GT4 as well.

I have always enjoyed having the rear solid on than the diff (for Rev) because the car exists the corner faster and the car seems to act more like the 1/8th scale which where I really have fun running. You should not have that same trouble on Tire Wear because the track has been treated with some kind of rubber paint which dramtically increased the Bite/Traction and more importantly made the tire wear in an all time low.

As a matter of fact, my 1/8th scale consumed less than 0.5 mm during one of the 5 minute qualifer and that's with driving the car pretty hard. It used to be that tire wear normally was about 1.0 mm (more or less) every five minutes..

I frankly have not driven the sedan under these conditions yet but I would imagine it has likewise improved..

We will be at CP next week for the next Second Sunday Race so hope you can join us there too..

See you at the track!
Old 03-29-2003, 05:53 PM   #308
Tech Adept

When did Francis get a Yoke
tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 08:54 PM   #309
Tech Apprentice

Default gt4w for sale

hi im selling my yoke gt4w,it has all the hop ups minus the new aluminum high speed pulley nad the rear aluminum braces,for more info e mail me at [email protected] for more info,prices and pics,also 3 brand new engines os12tr,sirio5 port turbo and mt12,ooppp the car is brand new never been run

thanks
kaozzlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 11:03 PM   #310
Tech Elite

just got mine this week. i wanted to drive the car for airtronics
but did not get the car in time.
Old 03-30-2003, 10:27 AM   #311
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by jwf_frani
just got mine this week. i wanted to drive the car for airtronics
but did not get the car in time.
Traitor
Old 03-30-2003, 01:05 PM   #312
Tech Initiate

Hey guys.. Was just wondering if anyone know where to get the new GT-4 s? Thx...
Racer-Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 01:06 PM   #313
Tech Adept

Try ultimate hobbies
Old 03-30-2003, 02:56 PM   #314
Tech Apprentice

Default gt4s

you got e-mail racer kid
kaozzlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 03:13 PM   #315
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by Racer-Kid
Hey guys.. Was just wondering if anyone know where to get the new GT-4 s? Thx...
Also can try speedtechrc.

www.speedtechtrc.com
rdlken is offline   Reply With Quote