HELP PLEASE  (after break in) >

HELP PLEASE (after break in)

HELP PLEASE (after break in)

Old 12-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Post HELP PLEASE (after break in)

hi all i have be in rc for only 1 year

just got to break in my new motor

i just need to know if once you have braked in a motor do you have run it rich for a little bit or can you just go and tune it just do not want to stuff up my new motor

Thanks heaps
Old 12-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I know that seems like a simple question but need to know what kind of motor and what you did to break it in. For example, if you just ran 5 tanks but didn't get the temp up it is not broken in. If you heat cycled it then you can start leaning it a little at a time while watching the temps.

Personally I don't try to go right from break in to a race tune, because even though the manual says it is "broken in" many engines can take much longer than that to really loosen up and break in.

The more patience you have with the process the longer your engine will last.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:38 PM
Tech Initiate

hi
my motor is a go tech .15 (go engine) i did 6 tanks running rich for the break in
but i still running it just rich but the temps are 240-250F and raw fuel it still coming out and heaps of smoke
and i have put just about 1 litre of fuel though it
thanks

Last edited by cds13; 12-15-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cds13
hi
my motor is a go tech .15 (go engine) i did 6 tanks running rich for the break in
but i still running it just rich but the temps are 240-250F and raw fuel it still coming out and heaps of smoke

thanks
Warm it up..
Run it a little rich, dont push it hard and circulate on a track until the engine builds up to temps around 100c.

Then stop it, remove the plug and while it's still hot, turn over the crank. it should have a "pinch" but not a tight one, nor should it have two pinches! If it's run in it doesn't take much effort to turn over the crank, you are ready to run.

If you want to care for the engine.

Special note: Cleaning an engine is more about removing and mounting it back in place correctly

1) Warm your engine up before starting for the first time. A good hair dryer on hot can do it.

2) Keep air filter and engine clean, doesn't take much grit to spoil an engine. Careful when using solvents and the rubber o-rings / crank.

3) Open it up from the rear, flush and lube bearings and internals. Check connection rod and inspect it.

PS: Rich means just a spit of fuel, not too rich ok.. liquids aren't compression friendly.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:39 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks blis will do that