Wiki Posts
Search

exhaust deflector

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 02:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Smile exhaust deflector

First question: does1\10 on road car uses silicone exhaust deflector
Second question : what would happen if I fit one to my car?what result will I see ? Thanks bros !
Old 12-12-2011, 02:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Don't think u will see any gains. The purpose of an exhaust deflector is to point the exhaust to the ground or the opposite direction of the chassis to stop nitro from spitting out onto your chassis making it dirty
Old 12-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Smile

I am actually thinking of adding a whistle and with the deflector connected to the exhaust hopping to make it sound. Would there be a hugh drop of the performance ?
Old 12-13-2011, 12:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Now I must say I have never thought of adding a whistle at the exhaust. Sounds interesting though (pardon the pun).

I think you will see a drop off in performance, huge is debatable depending on your engine and pipe configuration. Technically you're forcing the exhaust yet through another chamber which could mean too much back pressure choking out the engine. Also spent oil could plug up the whistle quickly.

But hey, this is a hobby and people try things. Give it a shot. I'm curious if the whistle will actually work this way.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

On road car dosent use it right ? I m actually trying to turn the exhaust sounds like those turbo type but after read up like very hard
Old 12-13-2011, 06:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You can use it on both on and offroad. You could custom make your own or I've seen ready to use ones from Dubro and HPI. I'm sure there are others.

Ok, I think I see what you're after. The high whine of a real turbo? Highly doubt you will achieve that with a 2-stroke nitro motor. The nitro sounds are naturally too high pitched and tough to change. Pipes themselves will alter sounds but still not to what you're looking for as they're designed for performance.