R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-16-2004, 11:18 AM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Arrow Kyosho FW-05RR

There is a new sedan car out just released a few days ago.

The Kyosho FW-05RR

Initial info told it inherits some parts from the current World Champion V one RRR.....
Old 12-16-2004, 08:33 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The Car Kit
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fw-05rr.jpg (33.2 KB, 742 views)
Old 12-16-2004, 08:41 PM   #3
Tech Elite

anyone has tested it yet?
ntc3freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 06:33 AM   #4
Tech Rookie

yup... i have it now... very stable on corners but then to be very sensitive on high traction grounds... then to flip if driving is too agressive...
currently using it with the Sirio p1 5-port... great combination...
recommended
Supercharged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 06:54 AM   #5
Tech Rookie

i got the box if you wanna see
Supercharged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 01:22 PM   #6
Tech Regular

Location: batang kalokohan! ay kaloocan pala!!diretso ka lang,pag nasaksak ka! bahay na namin yung sa harap!
Send a message via AIM to kyoshoBOY
Thumbs up

I got mine converted fw05r to fw05RR,heheheeh.
Its a big improvement compare to the old R,the steering is more active/responsive thanks to the RRR knuckle hub,shock stay 4 holes and the camber changing is way better thanks again to RRR upright!hehehe

Well I did make a few changes on the car,I put a SP steering plate ackerman at A,and the kawahara rear shock stay 8 holes,and the TCD/LSD gear diff instead of stock ones.
kyoshoBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 01:27 PM   #7
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to JackPot

shokoyboy,

did you notice any big difference when you installed the tcd/lsd gear diff compared to the stock diff?
if you noticed any difference, did it improve more on the straight, entering a corner, exiting a corner?

Quote:
Originally posted by kyoshoBOY
I got mine converted fw05r to fw05RR,heheheeh.
Its a big improvement compare to the old R,the steering is more active/responsive thanks to the RRR knuckle hub,shock stay 4 holes and the camber changing is way better thanks again to RRR upright!hehehe

Well I did make a few changes on the car,I put a SP steering plate ackerman at A,and the kawahara rear shock stay 8 holes,and the TCD/LSD gear diff instead of stock ones.
JackPot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 02:03 PM   #8
Tech Regular

Location: batang kalokohan! ay kaloocan pala!!diretso ka lang,pag nasaksak ka! bahay na namin yung sa harap!

Quote:
Originally posted by JackPot
shokoyboy,

did you notice any big difference when you installed the tcd/lsd gear diff compared to the stock diff?
if you noticed any difference, did it improve more on the straight, entering a corner, exiting a corner?
I would say it improve the cornering even on exiting the corner,because of the fine teeth gears of lsd,its like a ball diff how it performs,and its more better on low and high traction compare to stock gear diff,that's what I've noticed when I'm testing and observing the difference of stock gear diff and TCD/LSD gear diff.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:39 PM   #9
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
I would say it improve the cornering even on exiting the corner,because of the fine teeth gears of lsd,its like a ball diff how it performs,and its more better on low and high traction compare to stock gear diff,that's what I've noticed when I'm testing and observing the difference of stock gear diff and TCD/LSD gear diff.
very well said shokoyboy..you think the tcd will really improve your lap times? what kind of oil are you using for the tcd?
Old 04-08-2005, 04:10 PM   #10
Tech Regular

Quote:
very well said shokoyboy..you think the tcd will really improve your lap times? what kind of oil are you using for the tcd?
Well about improving your lap times is always about how well and consistency driving your car and of course the good tuning of the car.
It did improve my laptimes,by switching the stock to lsd somehow,every miliseconds on laptime you improve on driving is a huge diff.
I used a 10000 silicon oil and I only put 1/4 fill of oil on gearbox.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:18 PM   #11
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Well about improving your lap times is always about how well and consistency driving your car and of course the good tuning of the car.
It did improve my laptimes,by switching the stock to lsd somehow,every miliseconds on laptime you improve on driving is a huge diff.
I used a 10000 silicon oil and I only put 1/4 fill of oil on gearbox.
yeah i guess you're right..every milliseconds count..just like in formula 1 racing.
you seem to know a lot of stuff about rc, specially the fw. where are you from? are you from japan?
Old 04-08-2005, 04:31 PM   #12
Tech Regular

Quote:
yeah i guess you're right..every milliseconds count..just like in formula 1 racing.
you seem to know a lot of stuff about rc, specially the fw. where are you from? are you from japan?
Not that much!
I'm still new on this car.

I'm from far far away neverland!