R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-08-2004, 09:00 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Tire truer info...

Anyone ever try or attempt to make there own tire truer???? just a thought......
6Cuda6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 01:44 PM   #2
Tech Apprentice

I found a pic of this one....drool! Impressive machine work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pict0017a.jpg (101.9 KB, 8059 views)
Jay Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 03:37 PM   #3
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Now a day, a decent tire truer is about $150-180 range (integy one)..........and I think that is one of the best bargain for low budget user, come with all the options that HUDY $500 truer does for $350 cheaper...

Your other option...........SEARS sell a decent DRILL LATHE.....of course, the main purpose is for drilling, but back to the old time, that is the way how ppl TRUE their foams, mount a metal roll as a bit, then install the tire mount, then clam the true bit on the side and start truing.....not a easy task, but probably the cheapest..

Saw one on paper on Sunday for $89.99.

If you are really machine ready and handy, build one yourself will be the cheapest............but I just don't see it will ended up cheaper then $150, not to mention the TIME and EFFORT.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 07:21 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default truer..

It's not really a cost thing...just curious to see what people have come up with...i don't like to follow the line...i know the Integy unit is cost effective and the Hudy is awesome...but check out the pick above....IMPRESSIVE...must be made by a machinist!!!
6Cuda6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 08:44 AM   #5
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default Re: truer..

Quote:
Originally posted by 6Cuda6
It's not really a cost thing...just curious to see what people have come up with...i don't like to follow the line...i know the Integy unit is cost effective and the Hudy is awesome...but check out the pick above....IMPRESSIVE...must be made by a machinist!!!
Agree..........that is so "TITANIUM".............of course, if I am a master mechanic with a $1 million work shop and have the capability to do any metal works in any forms and shape....build my own tire truer is a great idea....

However, I am not......and paying $180 is much faster and easier for me.....
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote