Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-20-2012, 02:51 AM   #91
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Friday 12th and Saturday 13th

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLLIB View Post
same question, that gives 3 day rest. Greg have a practice on Friday and put on a race on Saturday.

Thanks

www.acornracingusa.com
FOR SERIOUS NITRO ON-ROAD RACERS
I humbly agree with you Billy. It doesn't have to be a race on Saturday but open Track would be nice since I was already scheduled to be there anyway. This is within the rules and lays down rubber for the Nats. Unfortunately my airline tickets have been purchased before this roar decision to include the State Race previously scheduled for the 12-13-14 weekend prior to the Nats. So now I would have to pay the airlines a $150 penalty fee to make this change or just fly to Arcadia the weekend before and take classes on how to milk the cows for 4 days.

Greg is this remotely possible? Please let us know now so I can make adjustments to my flights.

Paulie
PT RC Racing Oils
Paulie Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:34 AM   #92
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Bee View Post
I humbly agree with you Billy. It doesn't have to be a race on Saturday but open Track would be nice since I was already scheduled to be there anyway. This is within the rules and lays down rubber for the Nats. Unfortunately my airline tickets have been purchased before this roar decision to include the State Race previously scheduled for the 12-13-14 weekend prior to the Nats. So now I would have to pay the airlines a $150 penalty fee to make this change or just fly to Arcadia the weekend before and take classes on how to milk the cows for 4 days.

Greg is this remotely possible? Please let us know now so I can make adjustments to my flights.

Paulie
Hey Paulie,

I do not think that there is going to be anything that Friday or Saturday. I could be wrong, but with the Forgass being moved to the week before, that would make Greg have to drive to Arcadia 3 weeks in a row and I am pretty sure that puts too much strain on him for work and his family.

Just my thoughs...

DJ Apolaro
Old 06-26-2012, 03:02 PM   #93
Tech Addict

These are the hotels in Arcadia. Be sure to say you are coming for the R/C car race. You have to CALL them, don't go online for a room.

Holiday Inn Express
(863) 494-5900

Knights Inn
(863) 494-4884
These are both about 6 miles form the track.
See at the race.
Greg
gesser26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #94
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello Greg, Can you please let us know what is going on with the weekend before? (Friday & Saturday) Are you going to have anything that weekend before? tickets need to be purchased for out of state racers. I know there is a lot of pressure and a lot of thankless work. I have hosted a few Nats and World events so I know what it is like and I mean no desrespect by asking for a decission that needs to be made very soon and not change that decission the last minute like some tracks have done in the past.

We need to make time off from work and other reservation.

Thank you for time
Billy Bowerman
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:41 AM   #95
Tech Fanatic

The track will be closed the weekend prior.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:26 AM   #96
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
It's really nice steve that you make a descision for Greg that you can't make because or the 3 day rule you supported in the last conversations.

You are just taking good revenue away from Greg.
dfilo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:01 AM   #97
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
Steve what is the rule number that they can not have a practice or race that week of Friday and Saturday only?
Old 06-27-2012, 07:40 AM   #98
Tech Master

ROAR National guidles 2012..

Track Maintenance and Scheduled Practice:
a) The track should be maintained in a consistent and timely manner on a scheduled basis.
The Host will appoint appropriate staff to be responsible for this duty. The use of the track
layout for a ROAR National event is specified in the ROAR rule book
b) The track may not be open for any practice for a national event prior to three days of the start of racing. For tracks that hold ‘club’ style racing prior the event, the course must be different than the national layout. (Except permanent tracks) It is recommended to run an opposite direction for racing prior the event on the same layout to avoid local and early arrivers an advantage. For all classes:

The word recommened is not a rule.....recommend is a suggestion only for perment tracks.. I dont know the rule well but please explain with rule numbers and we will follow. Steve as a president you should be following with rule numbers after you statements then it all can be squashed and we dont have to ask more question or debate with you. All we are trying to do or us out of state racers are trying to do is also get time on the track like local have to have a chance to compete with the best. Track are getting very hard to come by so help the club raise money to stay open....
Old 06-27-2012, 07:45 AM   #99
Tech Fanatic

Wow. You guys are just wound too freakin tight. I simply talked with Greg and I'm passing along we HE said to me. Nobody told him he HAD to be closed, but given the fact that he's going to be running the state race the week prior, and that he has a life, he said it wouldn't make sense to drive a very long distance every day to open the track for practice. I agreed. I'm simply passing along what I know from our conversation. I can't even post the most simple reply without someone fueling up the black helicopters. Ridiculous....
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:48 AM   #100
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Billy,
I think it is rule 1...goes like this...

We follow some of the rules sometimes but not all of the rules all the time and when we don't know we just make it up as we go.

Jamie Gonzalez
J.Gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:18 AM   #101
Tech Regular

Default BILLY BOWERMAN FOR ROAR PRESIDENT

Billy please run for ROAR PRESIDENT

I know you have a lot on your plate but We need a Administrator that actually races all around the country That knows what it's like to be a racer,Roar member/ track owner/operator and has impeccable organizationals skills and has put on many races on national and world level period. You could even still race and pull it off

Rick West
Old 06-27-2012, 09:02 AM   #102
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702

STEVE P will you be attending the nats just so we who dont know you can meet you as i didnt see you at worlds 2011 1/8th just asking
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:42 AM   #103
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASRICK View Post
Billy please run for ROAR PRESIDENT

I know you have a lot on your plate but We need a Administrator that actually races all around the country That knows what it's like to be a racer,Roar member/ track owner/operator and has impeccable organizationals skills and has put on many races on national and world level period. You could even still race and pull it off

Rick West
Ahhh come on, I think he already has enough GREY hairs on his head!!

"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #104
Tech Master

LET'S GO RACING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by YLLIB; 06-28-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #105
Tech Master

Greg if there is no practice the weekend before will you tell us personally on this forum please and that will be accepted as a final answer and no qustions asked after that, that is your decission and I honor that... But in no way Steve should be telling us this or telling us what you said, that should of came from you directly.

Thanks Billy