R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-08-2012, 06:36 AM   #76
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
All good responses. As others have pointed out, this forum is not regularly followed by the upper echelon and it's best to bring ideas like this over to the ROAR website and continue to communicate on their forums. I help out with the local scene as do many other regional directors and assistants. As you can probably tell, I too had many questions at one time and sought out some answers and I am relaying this information which I have found. I understand it can be a pain to get the account fully setup, but this provides ROAR the capability to hear it's members directly and not have to sort through voices from people which are not even part of the organization. Take this thread for example. On the ROAR website, their have been 18 responses and 146 views from it's members. On this website there have been 75 responses and 4,122 views. Your second avenue is to contact your regional director and work the communication through them up the chain of command.
As all racers have an opinion it should be an open discussion on any forum roar member or non roar member.
roar does there annual report but it does not verify what has roar invested to promote the hobby. Race tracks hobby shop promote the hobby and the roi is very low. As s ttack owner we do this for the racers and carry the passion and dedication to continue this yearly with all b.s how can roar understand when they decide to add catch 22's on how practice can be agreeded
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:21 AM   #77
Tech Elite

I was able to get into the forum as of today.

DJ
Old 06-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #78
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...OnRoadNats.pdf
I don't see any issue's here for the electric Nationals wow look at all the practice there getting
Why is there an issue for Nitro Nationals
+1 Billy
+2 Ted let's go build a track spend over 100 grand & get back 1.5%
Brad I thought Nebraska was part of the west or mid west
Last 5 nationals had plenty of practice why the issue now
That was only 2 thousand miles from my house.
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:45 AM   #79
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo M View Post
I am not a beginner (I have being involved in On Road Nitro RC Racing for 30 years already, and traveled to races around the world since 1987) and i travel to most of the important USA On Road Nitro events every year. Every time i attend this events, i see well organized races, most of the time with 100+ entries, with a well organized and executed schedule.
Why we need and RMT??
If the real intention is cut cost, let's get rid of it! All we need is ONE Roar official.
Let the track take care of the event. Let the track generate funds in order to maintain, improve and promote the sport. If the trophies are a concern because of past experiences, that's fine, ROAR can take care of that, but the biggest expense is having to move the entire RMT Team.

As far as this year Nationals, please let the organizer open at least one day for open practice.

Paolo Morganti
100% Agree with all of that. I've been saying since it started.
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:51 AM   #80
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
As all racers have an opinion it should be an open discussion on any forum roar member or non roar member.
roar does there annual report but it does not verify what has roar invested to promote the hobby. Race tracks hobby shop promote the hobby and the roi is very low. As s ttack owner we do this for the racers and carry the passion and dedication to continue this yearly with all b.s how can roar understand when they decide to add catch 22's on how practice can be agreeded

+1
Old 06-08-2012, 07:51 AM   #81
Tech Regular

Quote:
I am not a beginner (I have being involved in On Road Nitro RC Racing for 30 years already, and traveled to races around the world since 1987) and i travel to most of the important USA On Road Nitro events every year. Every time i attend this events, i see well organized races, most of the time with 100+ entries, with a well organized and executed schedule.
Why we need and RMT??
If the real intention is cut cost, let's get rid of it! All we need is ONE Roar official.
Let the track take care of the event. Let the track generate funds in order to maintain, improve and promote the sport. If the trophies are a concern because of past experiences, that's fine, ROAR can take care of that, but the biggest expense is having to move the entire RMT Team.

As far as this year Nationals, please let the organizer open at least one day for open practice.

Paolo Morganti

+1
Old 06-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #82
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looks like we will have Wednesday practice after all. I got this from Roar forum.

I talked with Greg today and we've worked out the details to open up practice for Wednesday. I want to thank Greg for his spirit of cooperation and willingness to compromise. It resulted and a quick solution that put an end to the discussion so we can more on with the much more important part, which is firing up the engines and having some fun racing. I'll leave the details to Greg what's needed to make this work, but thanks again to all that handled it in an adult manner without any acrimony. Thanks again to Greg, who is a true sportsman and real steward of the hobby. More people like Greg makes the RC world a nicer place to be. Having said that, We'll adjust the schedule to include a day of host-run practice on Wednesday, so please adjust your travel plans accordingly.
Serpent, 748tq
bluer322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:53 PM   #83
Tech Addict

Well, as noted above from Thomas we will be having practice on Wed (Oct 17). The cost will be $20.00 for the day.
I spoke with Steve for about an hour today and we were able to work out the details for this to happen. It was a very pleasant conversation and I want to Thank him for his openmindness on this.
We both knew that we can't please everyone however I think we came up with the best solution.
There is a rule in the rulebook that states that you can not run on the track 3 days prior to the event. We (track owners) are allowed to have a practice day before the race (Wed). This then fell foul of that rule by having our State Series Race the weekend before. So we agreed to move that race to Oct 6 and 7 in order to have the Wed practice and this way the rules are then abided by.
Please understand that this was done in order for more practice for those coming from out of town.
I hope that this clears things up.

Thanks
Greg Esser
Nuggets Ranch Raceway
gesser26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #84
Tech Adept

So does that mean the track will be open for practice Friday and Saturday before
dfilo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #85
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfilo123 View Post
So does that mean the track will be open for practice Friday and Saturday before
same question, that gives 3 day rest. Greg have a practice on Friday and put on a race on Saturday.

Thanks

www.acornracingusa.com
FOR SERIOUS NITRO ON-ROAD RACERS
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:47 AM   #86
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesser26 View Post
Well, as noted above from Thomas we will be having practice on Wed (Oct 17). The cost will be $20.00 for the day.
I spoke with Steve for about an hour today and we were able to work out the details for this to happen. It was a very pleasant conversation and I want to Thank him for his openmindness on this.
We both knew that we can't please everyone however I think we came up with the best solution.
There is a rule in the rulebook that states that you can not run on the track 3 days prior to the event. We (track owners) are allowed to have a practice day before the race (Wed). This then fell foul of that rule by having our State Series Race the weekend before. So we agreed to move that race to Oct 6 and 7 in order to have the Wed practice and this way the rules are then abided by.
Please understand that this was done in order for more practice for those coming from out of town.
I hope that this clears things up.

Thanks
Greg Esser
Nuggets Ranch Raceway
Hey Greg how are you ?? Are there any races on the weekend of July 1st. I'm gonna be in new port richey Florida I wanna see the track Thanks. Phil
Old 06-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #87
Tech Adept

Quote:
Why we need and RMT??

Paolo Morganti
I read Paulo's posting and made me wonder why more racers/participants/the ones who are bankrolling this hobby/sport do not have more to say about this? Does anyone else notice that the Roar nationals entry has soared to something like $80.00, and that was last year, and will most likely increase this year. If an average flyaway race costs, lets say $1000.00 for arguments sake, the entry fee is nearly 10% of that budget?! If there was no RMT costs associated to the event, what would the entry fee be then? Does anyone know or care? While on that topic, why have the ifmar world entry's gone up so much? Does anyone have a break down on that?

What I am getting at here is that YOU, the weekend racer who bears most of the financial burden of this hobby/sport, on a whole ( and yes I know there are some that do speak their minds ) rarely speak up about these matters when they are on the table.

For instance, who is the administrator and why is he getting paid $30000?
And nearly $100000 annually for the RMT? !

When participants sign up for ROAR they are signing up for the insurance coverage. I, like I am sure many of you did not know that UNLESS the event you attending is a ROAR sanctioned event, (club race included and that also means the club must be a ROAR member), and everyone who is in attendance who is participating is a CURRENT paid roar member, COVERAGE DOES NOT apply. So in other words if there is an accident involving your car hitting person or property, and just one participant at the event is not currently insured through roar, the coverage for the entire event is null and void. Who picks up the medical or property damage tabs?? So when you were asked to purchase roar insurance, were these facts explained in detail to you? If they were not, you may seriously want to look into increasing your personal liability insurance coverage through your provider.

So ROAR takes the insurance membership money, the high priced entry fees and gives us RMT, trophies and coverage but only if all the criteria is met? Please correct me if I have misstated something or anything here. Constructive criticisms and comments are welcome.

So I am asking you, the racer out there who supports not only his/her local club and track, the manufacturers and at times your fellow racer, when it comes to the running and the finances of "our" sanctioning body here in the United States, does anyone really care?

I mean honestly, look at what it took to get back 1 day of track practice that was taken away from us without our consent or input!!!?

In the end, what are we really getting out of ROAR or being an affiliated ROAR member these days? When ROAR was created by George Sipos in the late 60's/early 70's his intention was to bring together a group of avid RC enthusiasts and set up a guide line for cars,circuits and a general outline for how to create and grow membership. It seems to me that much of that spirit has been lost or deteriorated. Clubs were the foundation of this racing for many years, which is why clubs used to host the nationals. Why has ROAR taken control over running the nationals? I think that the club member are just as capable to do the job as the RMT are. Who decided that the clubs were no longer capable of running a nationals? Now we have to pay the RMT to due the work of the clubs. Has this in the long run helped to grow the hobby?

For myself, I would rather my entry fee go towards the club hosting the event so that they may further improve their facility or use the funds as they see fit.

Why should ROAR be rewarded with the financial gains from these events?

I ask you, what does it mean to you to be a ROAR member these days? What are you getting out of it?

Administrator $ 30,000
Travel Expense (non-RMT) $ 3,014
Nationals Race Management- Expenses $ 94,203

Last edited by Danny A.; 06-18-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Danny A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #88
Tech Fanatic

Just like every thing else in our life's , we all know what's not working for us. Question is what other options can we come up with? All these issue come up every year but no one come up with new ideas.
I have Byron fuel 16, 20, 25 & 30
Robert R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #89
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert R View Post
Just like every thing else in our life's , we all know what's not working for us. Question is what other options can we come up with? All these issue come up every year but no one come up with new ideas.
Robert you bring up a valid point. So I will offer my thoughts on another option for this years nationals.

Of course, this is only an idea and must be approved by the track owner first, if this far fetched idea could ever gain any traction. Here it goes: Keep everything the same, bypass ROAR. Call it the US On Road Nitro Nationals or whatever name it should have. Besides the name ROAR next to the word Nationals, what is there to lose? The track keeps the funds generated by the event. Above all, and again, only if the track would allow this, the racers who plan to attend the event could hold an online voting platform to determine if this is what the majority wants. In the eyes of the participants, the winners and participants would still be seen as National Champions weather or not the name ROAR is in the title.

Of course there are many details to be looked at very closely, but as Robert said, we know what is not working, what will we do to change it?

Ideas anyone?
Danny A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #90
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I am not sure but I believe a lot of this needs to be brought up in the ROAR forums. Posting on rctech I do not believe will do any good. A lot of people are non ROAR and hide behind screen names.

However I am not sure what the numbers are so I will say only of handfull of racers actually vote for ROAR elections of officers and how many have registered for the ROAR forums?

I understand what your posts are saying and I cannot say I disagree with what you have typed. However I do believe the Admin earns his money and he has no voting power.