R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-06-2004, 05:42 PM   #1
Suspended

Default Reciever help needed, Airtronics

Anyone able to help a newb? I been a voyuer, reading posts for a few weeks. Now I registered so I can post a question.
I had a runaway yesterday(yeah yeah, I know..get a failsafe). In addition to a bunch of busted up chassis parts, my receiver broke loose and the antenna wire was snatched off the board. A friend of mine told me you can solder new leads on these things.
Anyone able to tell me if this is true? And does anyone got a pic of the inside of a Airtronics FM receiver? I have a 92836 model receiver. The wire broke off the board, and I can't see where the wire used to attach.

Thanks.
BoostedOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 06:07 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

The "best" thing would be to send it in as antenna are tuned to length. If you can post a pic of the bottom of your reciever, we could prolly photoshop it and tell you where to resolder. If it came off in such a way that you can't tell where it came off, you probably didn't lose much length anyway.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:25 PM   #3
Suspended

Yeah, I don't think I lost any length at all, actually. I think the only length I would lose is what I lose to strip the wire, which would be like nothing. I can't take a pic because my cam is at work. But I don't know if it would help, I can't even see a strand of wire sticking out.
I was hopin someone who had one of these receivers could be good enough to pop the bottom off(it just snaps off) and take a pic showing where the wire attaches to the board.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:36 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Ill see what i can do on tuesday night about a pic""
rcmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 12:06 PM   #5
Suspended

Awesome, thanks!
Old 12-07-2004, 06:25 PM   #6
Tech Master