Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Let me think otherwise......

Get a bar of brass material and tape or screw it to your chassis

Or am I thinking to simple?
I think the problem was going too low on the weight...

If it was 1650, I am pretty sure no one would be complaining, except companies that make brass pieces.

At lower weight, I am pretty sure tire wear must go down as well as longer engine lifetime...
Old 11-10-2011, 12:57 PM   #33
Tech Adept

-plastic gear servos
-LiFe rx pack
-titanium screws
-and CSO make CF chassis for 733
but looks like the CG will be raised a lot
minilantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:46 PM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Let me think otherwise......

Get a bar of brass material and tape or screw it to your chassis

Or am I thinking to simple?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
I think the problem was going too low on the weight...

If it was 1650, I am pretty sure no one would be complaining, except companies that make brass pieces.

At lower weight, I am pretty sure tire wear must go down as well as longer engine lifetime...
I don't think tire wear will go down because acceleration and corner speed will improve.
I do think it should be considered to reduce the engine power in a way the engines will make less noise.
With a 1550 gram car you will need less power to achieve the same lap times as a 1700 gram car with the current engines.
We don't want a slower car (at least I don't) in order to reduce the amount of noise.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:29 PM   #35
Tech Initiate

All the cars must be redesinged for such a great change.
1nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:54 PM   #36
occ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Letís not forget, these are just new EFRA rules, not IFMAR rules.

Once again, EFRA thinks it can control the world with changes and expect every block (ROAR, FAMAR, FEMCA) to follow. It didnít work with 7-minute qualifying races; no other block adopted this rule.

With that said, I can see some positive changes but as a racer living outside Europe, I shall wait till IFMAR adopt all/any of these changes before I go out and lighten my car.
occ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:29 AM   #37
Tech Master

only 1 piece of carbon chassis,problem settled
kyosho malaysia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:32 AM   #38
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by occ View Post
Letís not forget, these are just new EFRA rules, not IFMAR rules.

Once again, EFRA thinks it can control the world with changes and expect every block (ROAR, FAMAR, FEMCA) to follow. It didnít work with 7-minute qualifying races; no other block adopted this rule.

With that said, I can see some positive changes but as a racer living outside Europe, I shall wait till IFMAR adopt all/any of these changes before I go out and lighten my car.
What the heck are you talking about?

EFRA set their rules for the next years, that's it.

Nobody gives a rats butt if other blocks follow or not.

Trying to control the world sounds like someone elses game.....
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:40 AM   #39
Tech Regular

Kill 2 birds w/one stone.....all we have to do is make new exhaust systems ...for one... it will make them quieter (then we can hear ourselves think...thats a novel idea) and two it will decrease power adding additonal mileage....Any thoughts?
Old 11-11-2011, 11:45 AM   #40
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espo View Post
Kill 2 birds w/one stone.....all we have to do is make new exhaust systems ...for one... it will make them quieter (then we can hear ourselves think...thats a novel idea) and two it will decrease power adding additonal mileage....Any thoughts?
Your proposal is very good for the noise problems. .... and ....I can say something about it.
I work in one of the 2 main pipe's factories in Italy (we work for MaxPower, Capricorn, RB...and someothers). This year we have tried many many pipes in order to lower the noise. We were in contact with EFRA to get the target. Finally we found a really good one.
I can swear that the noise was really lower with no loose of performance.
But... all that a big italian engine producer said was "ok well, another silenced pipe?? It makes the performance worst and it will break the engines like the 3000 series pipes".
He hasn't tried the pipe up to know yet.
RB that tried the pipe with his drivers in the offroad ..the day after the test asked us to be the first on the market with our pipes....
but evidently RB has no "weight" enough in the EFRA meeting
Old 11-11-2011, 12:00 PM   #41
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoRacing View Post
Your proposal is very good for the noise problems. .... and ....I can say something about it.
I work in one of the 2 main pipe's factories in Italy (we work for MaxPower, Capricorn, RB...and someothers). This year we have tried many many pipes in order to lower the noise. We were in contact with EFRA to get the target. Finally we found a really good one.
I can swear that the noise was really lower with no loose of performance.
But... all that a big italian engine producer said was "ok well, another silenced pipe?? It makes the performance worst and it will break the engines like the 3000 series pipes".
He hasn't tried the pipe up to know yet.
RB that tried the pipe with his drivers in the offroad ..the day after the test asked us to be the first on the market with our pipes....
but evidently RB has no "weight" enough in the EFRA meeting

..What does "break the engine" mean? ..Fighting and yelling at the top of your lungs and still not being able to hear and understand your pit guy is a major hassle .....noise constrictions in populated areas is one concern...but I think communication with your pit guy is far more important.. in my opinion.... Will a new "muffler" design, will that increase mileage?
Old 11-11-2011, 12:09 PM   #42
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
..What does "break the engine" mean?
The 30xx pipes were made for new EFRA rules but apparently many engines were running too hot with them so EFRA never put the rule in place.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:16 PM   #43
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
The 30xx pipes were made for new EFRA rules but apparently many engines were running too hot with them so EFRA never put the rule in place.

Well I guess it's back to the drawing board.....More testing is needed ....we have the technology to make full sized cars develop huge horsepower without taking away considerable power....I would think that we would be able to quiet these tiny engines accordingly ......
Old 11-11-2011, 12:23 PM   #44
Tech Adept

Quote:
..What does "break the engine" mean? ..Fighting and yelling at the top of your lungs and still not being able to hear and understand your pit guy is a major hassle .....noise constrictions in populated areas is one concern...but I think communication with your pit guy is far more important.. in my opinion.... Will a new "muffler" design, will that increase mileage?
The mileage is similar to the actual pipes but ...the noise is really lower.

"BRAKE THE ENGINE" are stupid words used from a person that is not opened to something new.
It's true that the 3000 series pipes were something bad for performance and durability. But remember that 3000 series pipes were imposed by EFRA with no test before.
Instead the pipe we did was asked to us by EFRA in the 2010. It means that they simply asked us a silenced exhaust system to propose in 2012 as "the new exhaust systems". Not matter how it is built up.
And we had this year to find a good solution. and what's the result after a year of work??
NOTHING!!
And this just because for someone we are fine in this way.

People has less money... they do rules like the 1550 minimum weight for the 1/10 that make us spend a lot for the car. Ok ...it will go faster maybe but... what's the goal??

Problems are others. We can't race anymore in the cities or so because our cars are really too noisy!
We have new pieces on the cars, new batteries, new materials... why not new pipes?

And I repeat... a fast silenced pipe can be done (but producers doesn't care about it)!
Old 11-11-2011, 12:58 PM   #45
Tech Elite

Location: Beneath a rock down by the river. Don't have money for van
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Was about to post a question regarding the 30xx pipes but now see the reason they're discarded.I know rules are rules but imho why not have a test before making rules?Those AGM are like chinese fortune cookies and it's getting old.*flame suit on*