R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-01-2012, 02:03 AM   #286
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoRacing View Post
In the last month we worked on a 1/10 prototype also and it works. No problem with temperature and consumpion is normal. We made 104km/h top speed and the pipe has lot of punch (the same is for the 1/8 offroad one, so we have good feeling because both are giving the same impressions).
Next year I believe it will be the good one.

I cant say more now. We hope to close the tests in October and then I will tell you more!
I use differant engines , RB, Picco, CRF, Novarossi, and they all need differant exhaust to run good. For what engine is this 1/10 exhaust tested?
djiewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #287
Tech Apprentice

6-7 dB is a lot ... when you lower the noicelevel by 3 dB it is loweing the noice to the half. 6 dB is a quarter of the current noicelevel.

I assume that the noice is meassured in the same way as stated in the regulations - at a distance at 10 meter in 1 meter height

Suggestion: in 2014 (or 2015) the noicelevel is lowed by 4 dB and in 2016 (or 2017) by 4 dB more ... it will give the manufactors time to develop and/or adapt mufflers to their engines.

All will be as now, but at a lower noice.

Jens

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl2111 View Post
Totally agree with Niko, the Hipex 1/8th pipe is 10 or more db quieter then Sirio pipe and some 6-7db quieter then 2015 pipe.
jensroland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:16 AM   #288
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by djiewie View Post
I use differant engines , RB, Picco, CRF, Novarossi, and they all need differant exhaust to run good. For what engine is this 1/10 exhaust tested?
If you see the EFRA 2669 we make for many different engines like Picco (REDS and Sonic also), and GIMAR (nova based) and it's ok on both the engines despite the difference. Almost for all now the best choiche is this pipe that Hipex developed in the early of this year.

So the same with the low noise pipes we are looking to make a pipe for all. But it's not excluded that we can make 2 different specs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensroland View Post
6-7 dB is a lot ... when you lower the noicelevel by 3 dB it is loweing the noice to the half. 6 dB is a quarter of the current noicelevel.

I assume that the noice is meassured in the same way as stated in the regulations - at a distance at 10 meter in 1 meter height

Suggestion: in 2014 (or 2015) the noicelevel is lowed by 4 dB and in 2016 (or 2017) by 4 dB more ... it will give the manufactors time to develop and/or adapt mufflers to their engines.

All will be as now, but at a lower noice.

Jens
Yes! The values are correctly measured. And by the way we always test before with the 2669 and then with a low noise one. This because we need to know before the limit of the track and set the engine properly..and then we can test new parts.
In this way if you also take fast measurement it's ok because you can touch the difference between the normal and the new pipes.
What I can say for sure is that with the EFRA ins-box and the low noise exhaust system we are large under 90dB

More test has to come and I'm sorry I cant say more
..but sure I will update you when test are over in the next 2 months

Thank you all for the interest that is million times higher than in Italy!
Old 09-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #289
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to PMSorber

Quote:
WRONG! HAHAHA

HIPEX is doing it!
the why is that we only make pipes. So we want to develop this product and we believe that all is possible.
Yeah if you ask to engine manufacturer..they only want more noise and more power and less cost to develop new products. Pipes are ok like this... why change??? -.-
Dont understand me wrong, it will never happen if it comes from EFRA. If the industry initiates and adopts this way, it will happen...
There is no other way.

Last edited by PMSorber; 09-03-2012 at 01:48 PM.
PMSorber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:46 PM   #290
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

The problem is that the EFRA is making tecnical rules without a clear test report. And some of those technical rules do fail because the lack of knowledge and/or a decent test team and technical advisors. People are tired to be a crash test dummy for the EFRA.

And yes, I do not see a next season with only Hipex exhausts....
Old 09-03-2012, 01:51 PM   #291
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMSorber View Post
Dont understand me wrong, it will never happen is it comes from EFRA. If the industry initiates and adopts this way, it will happen...
There is no other way.
sorry me

By the way ....the input to make this pipes was from EFRA

After the fail with 30xx pipes they wanted something new and asked to make a low noise pipe.... doesnt matter in which way. This meant we were free to make a completely new pipe and could choose if add a silencer (like the one you see in the photos by Roelof) or change all.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #292
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
The problem is that the EFRA is making tecnical rules without a clear test report. And some of those technical rules do fail because the lack of knowledge and/or a decent test team and technical advisors. People are tired to be a crash test dummy for the EFRA.

And yes, I do not see a next season with only Hipex exhausts....
Yes you are totally right. Infact Hipex is making the pipe by its experience (we made pipes for almost all the engine factories) and testing it little by little with no hurry to launch it on the market.
I think it will be a progressive passage.
People and also who makes engines is very tired and now SCARED about low noise exhausts because they were very bad impressed by the previous ones.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #293
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to PMSorber

Quote:
sorry me

By the way ....the input to make this pipes was from EFRA

After the fail with 30xx pipes they wanted something new and asked to make a low noise pipe.... doesnt matter in which way. This meant we were free to make a completely new pipe and could choose if add a silencer (like the one you see in the photos by Roelof) or change all.
I am very happy with this innitiative, take my word for it. But... EFRA = Sander?
Again, it must be adopted by the industry. This is the wrong way around.
PMSorber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #294
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMSorber View Post
I am very happy with this innitiative, take my word for it. But... EFRA = Sander?
Again, it must be adopted by the industry. This is the wrong way around.
Yes, I'm not 100% sure because I dont talk directly but it's normally Sander the EFRA man.

You say that is the industry that has to adopt it. For real "we are the industry" since we make exhaust systems for almost all the brands except for Novarossi. RB, REDS, PICCO, MAX POWER, GIMAR and many many others products.
So we have for sure the possibility to diffuse it. Personally I hope that other brands will start to believe in it. Obviously Hipex wants to take advantage by its experience but would be the best thing that the new pipe become the future for all.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #295
Tech Regular

Default weight rule approved on AGM

With the EFRA AGM comming up , maybe some thoughts on the weight rule
with 1550 gramms limit. If no proposal is made to change it this still stands, and i am in favor for it.
With just the battery and the body to add weight i will be beneith the 1600gramms
1422 + 45 (life 700ma)+ 110 (body) = 1577
this without lightweight gearbox axle and more
Attached Thumbnails
New Efra rules-2012-09-20-21.28.36.jpg  

Last edited by djiewie; 09-20-2012 at 02:07 PM. Reason: how do you guys get big pictures in here??
djiewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:58 PM   #296
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djiewie View Post
With the EFRA AGM comming up , maybe some thoughts on the weight rule
with 1550 gramms limit. If no proposal is made to change it this still stands, and i am in favor for it.
With just the battery and the body to add weight i will be beneith the 1600gramms
1422 + 45 (life 700ma)+ 110 (body) = 1577
this without lightweight gearbox axle and more
Interesting. You would probably have saved up to about 20 gr. with that engine; it's lighter than most other engines (6mm crankshaft and some thinner aluminium), but not bad.
Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:43 AM   #297
Tech Rookie

Default noise level

Hi all

I hope a solution will be on the market very soon, and thanks to NikoRacing for working in the interrest of the rc community.
I just would like to report a bit on what I could experience.

The problem with long exhaust lines (as needed at MACH) is that it won't fit 1/8 classic cars. This is what I have experienced trying to fit the very long 9901 + non conical line on my classic car - it will bump into the front wheels, and even worse when the chassis is under flexion... I hope the new lines coming up on the market, will take this into consideration

Also the N21 3T is to my opinion a very low quality engine; I have to admit despite driving novarossis since tens of years. I would not really care the lowest performances, after all, be all on a same level would favor the driving style, but this engine is not of adequate quality. If the worse comes to worst, I hope some alternative engine will be allowed, like the OPS 4 ports for instance (not tested yet vis-a-vis noise level).

greetings
Z
eric-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #298
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric-z View Post
Hi all

I hope a solution will be on the market very soon, and thanks to NikoRacing for working in the interrest of the rc community.
I just would like to report a bit on what I could experience.

The problem with long exhaust lines (as needed at MACH) is that it won't fit 1/8 classic cars. This is what I have experienced trying to fit the very long 9901 + non conical line on my classic car - it will bump into the front wheels, and even worse when the chassis is under flexion... I hope the new lines coming up on the market, will take this into consideration

Also the N21 3T is to my opinion a very low quality engine; I have to admit despite driving novarossis since tens of years. I would not really care the lowest performances, after all, be all on a same level would favor the driving style, but this engine is not of adequate quality. If the worse comes to worst, I hope some alternative engine will be allowed, like the OPS 4 ports for instance (not tested yet vis-a-vis noise level).

greetings
Z
The solution will be on the market the next year and the pipes will be EFRA approved.
Hipex is taking accord in this days to make possible some test at MACH track with Low Noise Pipes before the end of the year.
The goal is to have free engines again by the use of our exhaust system.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #299
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

The new proposals are online:
http://news.efra.ws/index.php?id=388...0&y=2012-01-01
Old 10-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #300
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If I have read that right, 1650 gram weight on a 200mm, and control tyres now at big events?

I do prefer the idea of control tyres over allowing compounds, doping foams just all looks like too much work all around, and control tyres gets around other issues as well.
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote