R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-22-2012, 03:10 AM   #211
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 478
Send a message via MSN to PMSorber
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post

In both competitions it has been a success, the racing became much closer and all the cars were very equally matched in terms of straight line speed. No one attempted/was caught cheating with the engines.
You are missing the point here. New innitiatives like these are a success when the group grows, looking at last year this was not the case. Looking at the current 1:10 national subscriptions show a higher intake in the non-stock class.
__________________
@ConSult Trading
Team Shepherd, PiraniRC, Sonic and Awesomatix BENELUX
www.team-shepherd.nl
PMSorber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:38 AM   #212
Tech Regular
 
djiewie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMSorber View Post
You are missing the point here. New innitiatives like these are a success when the group grows, looking at last year this was not the case. Looking at the current 1:10 national subscriptions show a higher intake in the non-stock class.
Wonder why this is, maybe because they already plan to change the exhaust and manifold by board decision only. No rider knows what it will be now till its told.
djiewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:58 AM   #213
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMSorber View Post
You are missing the point here. New innitiatives like these are a success when the group grows, looking at last year this was not the case. Looking at the current 1:10 national subscriptions show a higher intake in the non-stock class.
First, I think we can call it a success because the drivers were happy with the new rules last year. It's also about retaining your drivers, countering the downward spiral the class has fallen into last couple of years.
Second, I'm pretty sure you know everyone enters their subscription as late as possible. Why most like to do this is a complete mystery to me. We only know the true subscriptions at the first race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djiewie View Post
Wonder why this is, maybe because they already plan to change the exhaust and manifold by board decision only. No rider knows what it will be now till its told.
We did vote for the new exhaust, if you attended the meeting you would have known. Some of the decisions had to be published later because of some bureaucratic rules.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:15 PM   #214
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 478
Send a message via MSN to PMSorber
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
First, I think we can call it a success because the drivers were happy with the new rules last year. It's also about retaining your drivers, countering the downward spiral the class has fallen into last couple of years.
Wake up Daan, the last year is the result of the current situation. Pushing drivers towards slower engines, pushing drivers towards silent cars, selling materials due to the situation... rules rules rules.

Drivers only want one thing, drive fast, enjoy the noise and the situation.
If they wanted silent and slower cars they would vote for one of the electric sections.
__________________
@ConSult Trading
Team Shepherd, PiraniRC, Sonic and Awesomatix BENELUX
www.team-shepherd.nl
PMSorber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #215
Tech Regular
 
djiewie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMSorber View Post
Pushing drivers towards slower engines, pushing drivers towards silent cars, selling materials due to the situation... rules rules rules.

Drivers only want one thing, drive fast, enjoy the noise and the situation.
If they wanted silent and slower cars they would vote for one of the electric sections.
I agree 100%

(Daan does also i think/know for sure Daan has the NEEd for SPEEd urge)
(5 good/friendly drivers 10 class gone to 8 class this year )

Last edited by djiewie; 02-22-2012 at 02:25 PM.
djiewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:25 PM   #216
Tech Elite
 
blis's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMSorber View Post
Wake up Daan, the last year is the result of the current situation. Pushing drivers towards slower engines, pushing drivers towards silent cars, selling materials due to the situation... rules rules rules.

Drivers only want one thing, drive fast, enjoy the noise and the situation.
If they wanted silent and slower cars they would vote for one of the electric sections.
Guys, seriously, this is what happens... It divides the drivers, debates, arguments, accusations, disagreements and more rules and stress. The ideas look good on paper to attract more drivers, the outcome are arguments in amongst the existing drivers.

Just come to any Australian title and mention the word "Pullstart", it'd be easier to solve Global Warming.
__________________
RC Cars: E4/G4/TCX/LAB-C02/T4'15/MM Engines
WEB: Beachmums Racing - MYRCM Race Registration
Media: Amain - RCRacingTV - RedRC - LiveRC - blisx264
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:34 PM   #217
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMSorber View Post
Wake up Daan, the last year is the result of the current situation. Pushing drivers towards slower engines, pushing drivers towards silent cars, selling materials due to the situation... rules rules rules.

Drivers only want one thing, drive fast, enjoy the noise and the situation.
If they wanted silent and slower cars they would vote for one of the electric sections.
Glad you brought up the electric section, if drivers only want fast cars then please tell me why the stock electric classes are so popular?. If drivers only want to go fast then why is modified dying out as an electric class?.

The growing unpopularity of 1/10 is because of costs and the amount of skill required these days to keep our 1/10 cars on the track. You call the cars slow, the difference is 3 tenths a lap between the stock engine and one of my tuned engines. I think I'm still faster with a stock engine then 90% of the drivers with a tuned engine.
You simply can't call the stock engine slow.

The fact that the stock engine is also a lot quieter is just a plus, we didn't create the class with the noise bit in mind. It was purely about cost control and creating equality. For this year they did change to the 3501 exhaust for noise reasons, to set an example, one has to be the first.

But why is 1/8 still popular is the costs are such a problem?.
This is because there is quite a difference between the average 1/8 driver and the average 1/10 driver.
The average 1/8 driver is older compared to the 1/10 driver, already has a full time job and has been in the hobby for a while. If the 1/8 driver is a younger person 90% of the time they have been brought into the hobby by their father who already was an 1/8 driver and thus receives support from him.
The average 1/10 driver is a lot younger and simply has less money to spend because they are either still in school or just started their working life.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #218
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djiewie View Post
I agree 100%

(Daan does also i think/know for sure Daan has the NEEd for SPEEd urge)
(5 good/friendly drivers 10 class gone to 8 class this year )
I'm not the kind of driver for who the stock rules are made, I'm completely the opposite.

I truly believe a stock class, and even a stock euro championship, is a good thing and it's something we should try to achieve at this years efra meetings.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #219
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 478
Send a message via MSN to PMSorber
Default

You still miss the point

People drive nitro because they like it! Smoke, sound, fast.... Thats why they dont drive electric.

I agree with the complexity point you made, but not with the cost. There are manufacturers who have made their cars very complex and costly as a result of this. Looking at the prices over the last 4 years, they went down on the costly products (tires, engines, fuel). I also agree with your last point although its not only a matter of income, it also has to do with spendable time.

Overall the financial market situation does not make it more easy and beside that also those who change te rules time and time again to the worse...
__________________
@ConSult Trading
Team Shepherd, PiraniRC, Sonic and Awesomatix BENELUX
www.team-shepherd.nl
PMSorber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #220
Tech Champion
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 6,281
Send a message via ICQ to Roelof
Default

DS,

But you are also in favour of tire additives and look the whole discussion arround you.....

The problem with the Dutch 1/10 competition is the same as with the EFRA, not much drivers have or want to have an influence on making the rules. Also we have tryed to get answers from drivers on the EFRA proposals, it is sad how less people react...

As djewie can talk much about making rules, he is never there when the voting has to be done as with many Dutch 1/10 drivers and that can create unwanted rules....
__________________
The quality of an answer comes with the quality of the question.
Roelof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:32 PM   #221
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMSorber View Post
You still miss the point

People drive nitro because they like it! Smoke, sound, fast.... Thats why they dont drive electric.

I agree with the complexity point you made, but not with the cost. There are manufacturers who have made their cars very complex and costly as a result of this. Looking at the prices over the last 4 years, they went down on the costly products (tires, engines, fuel). I also agree with your last point although its not only a matter of income, it also has to do with spendable time.

Overall the financial market situation does not make it more easy and beside that also those who change te rules time and time again to the worse...
Of course we all drive nitro because we like the smoke, noise and the speed.
If I'm not mistaking the stock engine still smokes, it develops a noise and it's fast. It might not be as fast as a fully tuned engine but it's certainly not slow, it still reaches 100km/h at the speed trap.

I agree tires and fuel have become cheaper, engines however have gotten more expensive every year. And this is something we want to counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
DS,

But you are also in favour of tire additives and look the whole discussion arround you.....

The problem with the Dutch 1/10 competition is the same as with the EFRA, not much drivers have or want to have an influence on making the rules. Also we have tryed to get answers from drivers on the EFRA proposals, it is sad how less people react...

As djewie can talk much about making rules, he is never there when the voting has to be done as with many Dutch 1/10 drivers and that can create unwanted rules....
I believe it's better to allow additive if you can't check it properly. The mini Rae is far from perfect and I've got zero trust in this device. For this year I think EFRA made a good decision, however for the future I would like to see a spec tire.

Quote:
and look the whole discussion arround you.....
I'm sorry but what do you mean with this???
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:32 PM   #222
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 478
Send a message via MSN to PMSorber
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post

I agree tires and fuel have become cheaper, engines however have gotten more expensive every year. And this is something we want to counter.

I'm sorry but what do you mean with this???
Have some balls and give an example ...

I will start: 2009 Picco P7 465 Euro, 2010 425 Euro, 2011 around 415 Euro, 2012 Sonic 389 Euro...

What did you say?
__________________
@ConSult Trading
Team Shepherd, PiraniRC, Sonic and Awesomatix BENELUX
www.team-shepherd.nl
PMSorber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #223
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMSorber View Post
Have some balls and give an example ...

I will start: 2009 Picco P7 465 Euro, 2010 425 Euro, 2011 around 415 Euro, 2012 Sonic 389 Euro...

What did you say?
No need for this hostile attitude Pieter.

Nova engines and Nova based engines have gotten more expensive every year.
Four to five years ago a top of the line 1/10 engine was around 300, right now it's 440.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #224
Tech Champion
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 6,281
Send a message via ICQ to Roelof
Default

20 year ago the TOP 8PT was THE engine to have, it did cost me about 600 gulden while the Spower/Picco P5 was about 400 gulden. The same prices we pay today in Euro's. 600 euro for a toplevel Novarossi and 400 for a toplevel Picco. You can blame the other but both are 2.2x the price as then for the same technology.

A Serpent Sprint was bought for just about 1150 gulden, today a normal chassis can be found for just 500~550 euro so the price of the car has not changed much while the technology did change a lot.

Strange, isn't it?
__________________
The quality of an answer comes with the quality of the question.
Roelof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:20 PM   #225
Tech Regular
 
djiewie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
Nice work JW, you're already very close.
The 700Mah life will last a 30min final, Bart has been using one this season.

Some more things to try:

-Plastic shock bodies of you're not using them already. Besides being lighter the plastic ones are also better (or less worse might be better wording) [/I]measured them and they weight the same on my scale[/I][/COLOR]-Aluminium clutch bell[/ii would have to buy 3 with the price at 23 Euro i will save it for next year[/I][/COLOR]-Lightweight body gives around a 15 gram difference, at the euros we even had some 0,4mm (or something like that) thick bodies from Blitz. They did improve the lap time.[I]I will paint the new one with less paint[/I]
-Titanium wheel axleswhere do you get those. can`t find them
-Aluminium driveshafts

And loose the receiver box.
Daan,

I have followed your advise and removed the receiverbox with the switch. But now how do you attach the receiver? Tape it to the servo?? And if you do that how are you going to get a balloon on it when it rains or the track is damp?? Ive been using a switch because my pitmate is al littlebit farsighted
And i don`t know how you guys have it?.

I hit the 1560 mark. now.
djiewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The New Werks B5 .21 Racing Engine Werks Offroad Nitro Engine Forum 9312 11-08-2017 11:45 AM
ROAR new body rules pdmustgt Nitro Off-Road 361 05-24-2011 03:25 PM
New Ener-G 4600 Ni-MH Cell Kropy Electric On-Road 507 09-15-2009 10:53 AM
New EFRA 7min Qualifying Rule Michael_T Nitro On-Road 36 03-01-2009 09:44 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:39 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net