Go DJ!! Get some pics of his car
Old 06-24-2012, 09:44 AM
Tech Adept

Default DJ takes TQ at Byrons

DJ holding his TQ lab
Attached Thumbnails Lab C-02-photo.jpg  
Old 10-14-2012, 04:23 AM
Tech Elite

For Capricorn RC drivers and those who don't mind a biased race report.

http://www.capricornrc.com.au/austra...c-titles-2012/

Special thanks to Andrew Shapland - "True Blue Mobile Mechanic" for the images.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Hey guys,

This weekend we had our Nationals in the USA. I am still getting setting back into my work so give me a couple of days to post my set-up. My car was really fast all event. Just had bad luck in the Finals. Capricorn took the Sedan TQ very convincingly and had the fastest car of the event by far. Ended up 4th in the final after all the issues.

Will post a set-up later this week

Thanks,

DJ Apolaro
Old 10-23-2012, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Cap UPPERDECK??

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Hey guys,

This weekend we had our Nationals in the USA. I am still getting setting back into my work so give me a couple of days to post my set-up. My car was really fast all event. Just had bad luck in the Finals. Capricorn took the Sedan TQ very convincingly and had the fastest car of the event by far. Ended up 4th in the final after all the issues.

Will post a set-up later this week

Thanks,

DJ Apolaro
1st off let me say, good run at the nats........Quick question....How are you running your upperdeck on your C02? stock, custom cut, or like jilles completely cut away from the steering post?? can u post pics of your car when you get a chance.....no rush!!
Old 10-25-2012, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Here is a picture of the front upper deck. Also I am putting here my set up from the Nationals. Don't mind the dirty car!! LOL

My car was fast and fits my driving style. Car carries a lot of corner speed with this set up.

If there are any questions just ask and I will do my best to answer them.

Hope it helps out,

DJ Apolaro
Attached Thumbnails Lab C-02-sedan-pic-rctech.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Nationals Sedan Set up 2012.pdf (261.1 KB, 478 views)
Old 10-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here is a picture of the front upper deck. Also I am putting here my set up from the Nationals. Don't mind the dirty car!! LOL

My car was fast and fits my driving style. Car carries a lot of corner speed with this set up.

Hope it helps out,

DJ Apolaro
DJ?why you need so much rear camber in that car?that has so little suspension 'geometry' flex?do you have oversteer with less?
Old 10-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
DJ?why you need so much rear camber in that car?that has so little suspension 'geometry' flex?do you have oversteer with less?
3 to 4.5 degrees of rear camber is pretty normal for a nitro tc.

DJ also uses very little camber gain in the rear (no shims on the upright) so the camber doesn't change a lot during suspension travel.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
My experience (for what it's worth) is that the faster you go the more camber you need. It is quite normal for our car to start with 3 and 3.5 deg. left - right rear, and when and then find that the tires start to cone out later when the track gets faster. We usually end up with 3.5 - 4 or 4 - 4.5 deg., and rear tires usually coning in marginally or wearing flat. Same goes for front where we start with 1 - 1.5 deg. left right, but usually end up with 1/2 deg. more camber when the grip comes up.

That is with long links and running at moderate angles, so the camber gain is also moderate. The camber would obviously have to be less with setups that generate more camber gain.

I never bothered to find out, but I wonder what rear camber the guys that were using that DSL rear suspension a couple of years ago used on their cars?

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

I run more camber for 2 reasons. Since I use mess camber gain I need more regular camber. Also since I like my car to slide in the rear for corner speed, this helps me keep the car predictable for my driving style. I have changed my style of driving over the last couple of years to fit more the aggressive style and in doing this I needed more camber.

DJ Apolaro
Old 10-29-2012, 05:01 PM
Tech Addict

Hope it helps out,

DJ Apolaro
Hey DJ,

could you kindly confirm

Rear bottom roll center block marked 2, what does that mean exactly?
Front Shock piston with one hole what size?

I also noticed that you run a screw in the left hand side on the upper tray next to the 25 gear, how come more stabilty at the cost of steering?

Thanks
Old 10-29-2012, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by speed6
Hey DJ,

could you kindly confirm

Rear bottom roll center block marked 2, what does that mean exactly?
Front Shock piston with one hole what size?

I also noticed that you run a screw in the left hand side on the upper tray next to the 25 gear, how come more stability at the cost of steering?

Thanks
There are 5 positions in the rear lower pins. The lowest is #1 and the highest would be #5. The middle would be #3. I was the position between the lowest and middle position.

There is only one size piston that I know of. They come in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 holes. I use the 1 hole pistons in the front.

I have only tried not using the screw once and the car felt like it was not as consistent with the steering in the middle of the turn. So from that point on I always used the screw like it is stock from the kit. I have not felt like I need more steering for a while. I seem to have the steering I need at all the track I have been running lately.

DJ
Old 10-31-2012, 12:11 PM
cap
Tech Rookie

Jacques Liebenberg takes South African championship for 2012 ,after winning the last nats
Attached Thumbnails Lab C-02-403391_364058980352176_24223133_n.jpg  
Old 11-06-2012, 03:30 PM
Tech Addict

Default Great win for Capricorn Malta

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Main-H...type=1&theater

1st Championship Race with a 1st Place

Thanks everyone for the support!
Attached Thumbnails Lab C-02-525017_10151066516866105_1015080753_n.jpg  
Old 11-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Tech Addict

Default Dirty Track = Lab rear on power tries to drift!

Hey people is it just our track or does 1/10 car handling change so much??

Well last week i did some testing since i received the Cap Progressive springs

I normally find that the car has better steering / handling running full red springs against black full springs.

Ran the Progressive and it felt that the car had better sterring but wasn't that stable.

Ran Front Progressive with REar REDS and it got a bit better but no so different

Ran Front Progressive with Rear BLACKS and it was all over the place and steering became to much aggresive.

Is there some sort of popular combinations for the Progressives and how come they felt they had more steering more than the REDS?

By the way i am running the car lenth with a 1MM shorter as tried the 2MM but was to aggresive but i quite liked the 1MM even though its not easy to drive as it is with the long wheels base.
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.