R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-23-2013, 08:34 AM   #286
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: (Holiday, Fl.) (CST.Allentown, Pa.)
Posts: 1,252
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
DJ .... you've probably been asked this a thousand times so excuse the repetition here but ........
Do you have your base set up posted anywhere?
I expected to see it on the Capricorn site but I could only find Tironi's........

BM
Go to the c01 thread page 116 DJ has a nice setup on there that works well for me.
RANDY SMOOTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #287
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANDY SMOOTH View Post
Go to the c01 thread page 116 DJ has a nice setup on there that works well for me.
Thanks Randy ..... good of you to point that out.

I was at the Byrons race over this weekend and was able to try out the new "Big-Bore shock kit" as did DJ too.
I will leave DJ to give his own opinoins and race report all I will say it was great to attend a race again, to drive a very high quality car and to have met DJ was a pleasure.
The car was more then my meager talents can handle at the moment and I was just a little rusty to say the least in all aspects.

A great weekend though. Very enjoyable and a great car.

BM
__________________
So enjoying building cars I sometimes forget to save some "man-time" to race them!?
British Menace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #288
Tech Elite
 
1evo RRR Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,387
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver
Default

Quick question, my buddy pointed out to me on tortorici(spelled wrong, i kno) car on redrc, he's running a front sway that appears to b like or right off of the 2013 nt1!! Can someone confirm if this its a direct fit?
__________________
"He's CHEATIN! cause Im CHEATIN! and He beat ME!" :) "TKI4 PILOT" /XRAY NT1 16' /FUSION X3LCFM / M2c / PROTEK / FUTABA 4PX / SAMURAI
1evo RRR Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:45 AM   #289
Tech Adept
 
RC-Netshop.dk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
Quick question, my buddy pointed out to me on tortorici(spelled wrong, i kno) car on redrc, he's running a front sway that appears to b like or right off of the 2013 nt1!! Can someone confirm if this its a direct fit?
Hi my friend,

Dankel also used it at Hockenheim and most likely also at Stohr Ring too.

But why not use the one Capricorn makes ;-)... Part number are Cap-17057 Front Spool and it's 51USD bought from us for customers outside Europe. And 54USD for customers inside Europe.

All the best,

Niko
__________________
http://rc-netshop.dk/en/

Capricorn, REDS, CRC, Orcan, JP GIMAR, Ielasi Tuned, Tesla, JQ, Sanwa
RC-Netshop.dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:48 AM   #290
Tech Elite
 
1evo RRR Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,387
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-Netshop.dk View Post
Hi my friend,

Dankel also used it at Hockenheim and most likely also at Stohr Ring too.

But why not use the one Capricorn makes ;-)... Part number are Cap-17057 Front Spool and it's 51USD bought from us for customers outside Europe. And 54USD for customers inside Europe.

All the best,

Niko
Niko, thanks for that info, cause me and my buddies want to try spools also, I'm talking about his front swaybar!! It looks like the xray 2013 setup.....
__________________
"He's CHEATIN! cause Im CHEATIN! and He beat ME!" :) "TKI4 PILOT" /XRAY NT1 16' /FUSION X3LCFM / M2c / PROTEK / FUTABA 4PX / SAMURAI
1evo RRR Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:45 AM   #291
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

Sorry for the late reply, but been really busy with work. I went to the Byron's race and did not have the best event. I struggled a lot with keeping up with both classes and got a little lost in myself.

I did have a chance to test the new shocks some more. I used the 1.7 springs all around which felt better than the original soft ones. The car has a lot more roll in general with these shocks. I am trying to figure them out since I do not like a car with too much roll. They worked good for me once I went to the heavier 1.7 spring, but think I should have used the 1.8 in the front (even heavier). The track got to a point where it had high bite and these shocks helped with that a lot. With my normal shock set up I was traction rolling and with the new ones I did not. I think with the new springs the set up needs to change a little. I am going to Ecuador this weekend to race and will try them again. I typically run my front pins in the upper position, this will get lowered to help with the reaction of the car. I will also run the arms further back to help with on power steering. Might have to try also running the car shorter than normal in the rear to see how this helps with the reaction.

I will let you guys know, but for now I see the new shocks as better in high bite and maybe similar in low bite. Since they are new, it is about finding the balance of oil versus spring and angle of shock.

DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:03 AM   #292
Tech Adept
 
RC-Netshop.dk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
Niko, thanks for that info, cause me and my buddies want to try spools also, I'm talking about his front swaybar!! It looks like the xray 2013 setup.....
Aha, my mistake :-))...

Br,

Niko
__________________
http://rc-netshop.dk/en/

Capricorn, REDS, CRC, Orcan, JP GIMAR, Ielasi Tuned, Tesla, JQ, Sanwa
RC-Netshop.dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #293
Tech Master
 
barg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,205
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to barg
Default

Does anyone know if the new C-02 kits will come standard with the Big Bore shocks?
__________________
XRAY NT1-2015 Spec | Max Power Engines | KO KIY EX10 | Protoform | Matrix Tires | XRAY X12-16

HEI International | www.hobbyexpress.com.au
www.nswrcrcc.com
barg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:28 AM   #294
Tech Regular
 
nikoskar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Greece
Posts: 496
Default

Capricorn Lab C02 Black Edition kit



Capricorn introduce the Lab C02 Black Edition 1/10th 200mm nitro on-road kit.
Limited to only 100 pieces worldwide the kit includes name-giving black anodised aluminium parts and the 2013 edition main chassis plate along a newly designed front upper bulkhead for improved steering response and higher corner speeds. Other items that found their way into the kit are big bore shock absorbers with new front and rear carbon fibre shock towers, nickel-plates ergal ball ends, the new F1 front sway bar, hard-coated thrust bearing holders, titanium/ergal front cup joints, heavy-weight 30mm clutch flywheel and aluminium clutch bell, 2-piece heavy-weight engine mount and the FSS radio plate. The limited edition kit is rounded out by a fuel tank brass weight, a carbon fibre battery plate and white plastic parts for the shocks and linkages.

Source:
RedRC [redrc.net]
__________________
www.rc-world.gr
nikoskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:44 AM   #295
Tech Elite
 
1evo RRR Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,387
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikoskar View Post
Capricorn Lab C02 Black Edition kit



Capricorn introduce the Lab C02 Black Edition 1/10th 200mm nitro on-road kit.
Limited to only 100 pieces worldwide the kit includes name-giving black anodised aluminium parts and the 2013 edition main chassis plate along a newly designed front upper bulkhead for improved steering response and higher corner speeds. Other items that found their way into the kit are big bore shock absorbers with new front and rear carbon fibre shock towers, nickel-plates ergal ball ends, the new F1 front sway bar, hard-coated thrust bearing holders, titanium/ergal front cup joints, heavy-weight 30mm clutch flywheel and aluminium clutch bell, 2-piece heavy-weight engine mount and the FSS radio plate. The limited edition kit is rounded out by a fuel tank brass weight, a carbon fibre battery plate and white plastic parts for the shocks and linkages.

Source:
RedRC [redrc.net]
MAN THAT CAR LOOKS FAMILIAR!!!!! I like the White chassis brace n the Kevlar top plate! That's sick!! Thanks for making my vision reality Cap!!
Attached Thumbnails
Lab C-02-image.jpg  
__________________
"He's CHEATIN! cause Im CHEATIN! and He beat ME!" :) "TKI4 PILOT" /XRAY NT1 16' /FUSION X3LCFM / M2c / PROTEK / FUTABA 4PX / SAMURAI
1evo RRR Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:50 AM   #296
Tech Adept
 
RC-Netshop.dk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
MAN THAT CAR LOOKS FAMILIAR!!!!! I like the White chassis brace n the Kevlar top plate! That's sick!! Thanks for making my vision reality Cap!!
Hi guys,

Let me know if you wanna pre-order and Ill give you a good deal ...

Remember only limited edition 100pcss are available...

Br,

Niko
__________________
http://rc-netshop.dk/en/

Capricorn, REDS, CRC, Orcan, JP GIMAR, Ielasi Tuned, Tesla, JQ, Sanwa
RC-Netshop.dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:44 PM   #297
Tech Regular
 
nikoskar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Greece
Posts: 496
Default

Red Version looked different than other competitor cars. Now is almost identical at first glance. I don't like at all the color selection.
__________________
www.rc-world.gr
nikoskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:19 PM   #298
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Leandro, CA
Posts: 699
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
MAN THAT CAR LOOKS FAMILIAR!!!!! I like the White chassis brace n the Kevlar top plate! That's sick!! Thanks for making my vision reality Cap!!
Maybe they will put you on the team Chet since they keep using all the changes n mods you post on this site. I would wait for them to contact you before you post any more ideas
goose510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:22 PM   #299
Tech Elite
 
1evo RRR Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,387
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goose510 View Post
Maybe they will put you on the team Chet since they keep using all the changes n mods you post on this site. I would wait for them to contact you before you post any more ideas
Lmao!!!! (Knodding)
__________________
"He's CHEATIN! cause Im CHEATIN! and He beat ME!" :) "TKI4 PILOT" /XRAY NT1 16' /FUSION X3LCFM / M2c / PROTEK / FUTABA 4PX / SAMURAI
1evo RRR Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #300
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 39
Default Black edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-Netshop.dk View Post
Hi guys,

Let me know if you wanna pre-order and Ill give you a good deal ...

Remember only limited edition 100pcss are available...

Br,

Niko
You have a pm
monaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bartolina pambihira Singapore R/C Racers 21953 11-01-2017 04:43 AM
Capricorn LAB-C01 Korey Harbke Nitro On-Road 2059 07-16-2013 10:12 AM
How many RC's do you own???? Telengard Electric On-Road 127 02-22-2011 01:52 PM
High Performance Nitro MassiveMods Australian Racing 1318 03-12-2009 04:52 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:44 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net