Like Tree1Likes

Lab C-02

Reply

Old 04-05-2013, 12:20 AM
  #166  
Tech Adept
 
RC-Netshop.dk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 182
Default

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
Thanks, What up Niko, thanks again for the C02 wc got it done at a place here in Hayward CA. (Electro plating Specialties)...... run you around $65 just wanted to b a little different cause I race with 6 or so guys that have the Capricorn
Your welcome my friend :-)...

Thanks for the info, think I'll do the same ...

I can see you need a radio bracket and radio box ...

I'm making some carbon radio brackets which will go with the Mugen MTX5 radio box... I'll post a picture when I have time. Then you can see if it's something for you :-)))...

Br,

Niko
RC-Netshop.dk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:25 AM
  #167  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
1evo RRR Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,470
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC-Netshop.dk View Post
Your welcome my friend :-)...

Thanks for the info, think I'll do the same ...

I can see you need a radio bracket and radio box ...

I'm making some carbon radio brackets which will go with the Mugen MTX5 radio box... I'll post a picture when I have time. Then you can see if it's something for you :-)))...

Br,

Niko
Yeah i do, but i modded my upper deck, i dremeled off the ears but if Ur box is a must have, then i will have to get a new upper deck n one of your boxes
1evo RRR Driver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:46 AM
  #168  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,446
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Finished my custom receiver box:




Need to make some small changes to the design (too thin in some spots) but the overall fit and finish is very nice. The 471 receiver from Sanwa fits perfectly.

Now that I know the minium wall thickness and design features of the material I will start with the design of the universal receiver box for the standard Capricorn cars.
DS Motorsport is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:49 AM
  #169  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
1evo RRR Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,470
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
Finished my custom receiver box:




Need to make some small changes to the design (too thin in some spots) but the overall fit and finish is very nice. The 471 receiver from Sanwa fits perfectly.

Now that I know the minium wall thickness and design features of the material I will start with the design of the universal receiver box for the standard Capricorn cars.
Ds you the man!!
1evo RRR Driver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:18 AM
  #170  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
MrHistory's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 597
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

So is there anyone in the United States who is stocking capricorn for this season? i dont see rear arms anywhere online and i bought two kits, im ready to run the car this season, and now assume i have wasted my money because i wont be able to use the car. I have really tried to hang in there with this platform but it seems like its time to get an Xray.
MrHistory is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:43 AM
  #171  
Tech Elite
 
blis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,456
Default

Originally Posted by MrHistory View Post
So is there anyone in the United States who is stocking capricorn for this season? i dont see rear arms anywhere online and i bought two kits, im ready to run the car this season, and now assume i have wasted my money because i wont be able to use the car. I have really tried to hang in there with this platform but it seems like its time to get an Xray.
I can feel your frustration... I think as a world wide community many of us want to help and it's sad for the sake of shipping you've lost confidence in the product. Yes it's your right to evaluate local support as a major factor, it's written on the walls of RC-Tech, and who are we to question the global wisdom.

As for the cars, they are awesome, "best" while often short term, isn't an understatement when it comes to a C02. So, if I can sway you with encouragement it's due to the car's performance and durability and this reduces the amount of spares required.

All said and done, all cars need parts and if there's no supply .. I hear ya... http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/p...&cat=41&page=6 :/
blis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:39 AM
  #172  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,718
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MrHistory View Post
So is there anyone in the United States who is stocking capricorn for this season? i dont see rear arms anywhere online and i bought two kits, im ready to run the car this season, and now assume i have wasted my money because i wont be able to use the car. I have really tried to hang in there with this platform but it seems like its time to get an Xray.
Understand your frustration, my brother recently bought a HotBodies R10 and parts support for that is a little non existent at the moment, but in his case it doesn't matter as he can't start the engine

The third different brand starter box is a little better, but at least he won't need parts
Bundy_Bear is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:26 AM
  #173  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (3)
 
Gael L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 736
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MrHistory View Post
So is there anyone in the United States who is stocking capricorn for this season? i dont see rear arms anywhere online and i bought two kits, im ready to run the car this season, and now assume i have wasted my money because i wont be able to use the car. I have really tried to hang in there with this platform but it seems like its time to get an Xray.
Jason,

I can definitely help you out with some parts. Unfortunately I will not be at Floyd this weekend but I should be there the following. I have a pretty decent inventory of parts. I will stop by your pit next time I am down at the track.
Gael L is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:02 AM
  #174  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
1evo RRR Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,470
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MrHistory View Post
So is there anyone in the United States who is stocking capricorn for this season? i dont see rear arms anywhere online and i bought two kits, im ready to run the car this season, and now assume i have wasted my money because i wont be able to use the car. I have really tried to hang in there with this platform but it seems like its time to get an Xray.
Me and a couple other local CAP guys piggyback on each others orders to cut shipping cost, we try n order together, that way shipping is $10 instead of $40.......your welcome to get in with us if you want........
1evo RRR Driver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:21 AM
  #175  
Tech Initiate
 
prtmotorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 22
Default

Hello ,
I just bought a brand new co2. i will receive next week!! propably the new ones with the big bore shocks(!??) lol.
Anything that i should notice in the build?? any help would be greatly appreceiated.
Thanks in advance for your answers!!
prtmotorsport is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:53 AM
  #176  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
1evo RRR Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,470
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by prtmotorsport View Post
Hello ,
I just bought a brand new co2. i will receive next week!! propably the new ones with the big bore shocks(!??) lol.
Anything that i should notice in the build?? any help would be greatly appreceiated.
Thanks in advance for your answers!!
One suggestion, Get new tools, the hard plastic is a bit&$ to screw into!! 2.5 2.0 and 1.5 has to be new!!! Have fun. Also if you run in the states on a 2x4 wood track, you may wanna have some backup metal diff gears for the rear! Contact with "boards" will kill the composite!

Last edited by 1evo RRR Driver; 04-12-2013 at 11:04 AM.
1evo RRR Driver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:50 PM
  #177  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
MrHistory's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 597
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Gael L View Post
Jason,

I can definitely help you out with some parts. Unfortunately I will not be at Floyd this weekend but I should be there the following. I have a pretty decent inventory of parts. I will stop by your pit next time I am down at the track.
Thanks Gael! I have one set of plastic to get started but otherwise have no more replacement arms or steering blocks so i will need these if i will run this year. hope to see you soon
MrHistory is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:54 PM
  #178  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
MrHistory's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 597
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
Me and a couple other local CAP guys piggyback on each others orders to cut shipping cost, we try n order together, that way shipping is $10 instead of $40.......your welcome to get in with us if you want........
Are you ordering directly from Italy? I think you are on the west coast...maybe send me a pm and we can see if something will work. thanks
MrHistory is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:59 PM
  #179  
Tech Initiate
 
prtmotorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 22
Default

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
One suggestion, Get new tools, the hard plastic is a bit&$ to screw into!! 2.5 2.0 and 1.5 has to be new!!! Have fun. Also if you run in the states on a 2x4 wood track, you may wanna have some backup metal diff gears for the rear! Contact with "boards" will kill the composite!
thank you for your recomendations!!
i use mugen tools, they are really good so i dont think i will have any problems with that.
about the diff... are they blown out easily?? or if you repair them often they are ok?
prtmotorsport is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:17 PM
  #180  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,446
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by prtmotorsport View Post
thank you for your recomendations!!
i use mugen tools, they are really good so i dont think i will have any problems with that.
about the diff... are they blown out easily?? or if you repair them often they are ok?
For threading the pivot balls and other screws into the suspension arms I recommend pre-warming the suspension arms a bit and apply some grease (Copper/Moly) to the threads for some lubrication. This way it's a lot easier to cut the threads and the cut is much nicer.

Regarding the diffs, mine last for an entire season, actually still got the first set I got 3 years ago. Of course when you hit the boards or crash you can damage them by the sudden deceleration.
DS Motorsport is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service