R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-28-2004, 03:23 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Smile novarossi .12

Hello,

I have a novarossi RS12T5S1 which i didnt use for quite a long time. I've replaced a piston/sleeve of these engine with a 3 port set bcoz i coudnt find a 5 port set in our LHS. After break-in I've noticed that the it takes time for the engine to idle. it's like my low end is lean but a lot of adjustment on the low end will not solve the problem, tried also adjusting the mid needle but nothing happen. Do you think it's the fuel that i am using? can i use a Byron fuel for my engine? Which glow plug im going to use it's already winter here in Dubai. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jivikings
jivikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 12:59 PM   #2
Tech Initiate

Cool NOVA is fast!!!!!!

I don't know much about stting-up that kind of model but if it is in the fuel, I recommend you to use Traxxas top fuel or the Blue Thunder.
Breaker Z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 01:01 PM   #3
Tech Initiate

Cool ebay

You can also find what you are looking for at www.ebay.com or www.hobbyworks.com.
Breaker Z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 04:30 AM   #4
Tech Rookie

thank you guys, i think my engine needs more time to break-in. i will do it again this afternoon.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:18 AM   #5
Tech Rookie

Hi Jivikings- Please check if you are using the right plug and shim for 16% or 25% or 30% nitrofuel. They are different. Byron is a good fuel also make for Mugen Japon.
frankzettel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 03:37 PM   #6
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default Re: novarossi .12

Quote:
Originally posted by jivikings
Hello,

I have a novarossi RS12T5S1 which i didnt use for quite a long time. I've replaced a piston/sleeve of these engine with a 3 port set bcoz i coudnt find a 5 port set in our LHS. After break-in I've noticed that the it takes time for the engine to idle. it's like my low end is lean but a lot of adjustment on the low end will not solve the problem, tried also adjusting the mid needle but nothing happen. Do you think it's the fuel that i am using? can i use a Byron fuel for my engine? Which glow plug im going to use it's already winter here in Dubai. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jivikings
I am not the best engine guy to give opinion, but I too have the same engine...and I am not sure the CRANKSHAFT scoop area can be MATCH with the 3 port sleeve instead of the stock 5 ports sleeve.....I know there is a reason how the scoop where made with the 5 ports sleeve, but now you have replaced with a 3 port sleeve...I am not sure that might cause the idling problem.

Also, Byron fuel are good to use....1 of the top rank fuel for ppl that does not know how to make their own fuel or team driver...as long as you are not using something more then a month old, any fuel should be fine.

Yes, also check your plug, the shim thickness also depends on what % of fuel that you are using..

Then, the last thing, and the worst thing...AIR LEAK...it might be your carb, and the worst, the front bearing....those can be cause your engine not idling correctly.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 11:02 PM   #7
Tech Rookie

Hi,

With these engine i broke my fw05r, you know i want to throw it away. Temperamental I can say, when I make a full throtle it will stay there. Anybody want to buy these **** engine?

Jivikings
Old 12-08-2004, 11:13 PM   #8
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to finbone

how much? I love the one I am running.
finbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 11:25 PM   #9
Tech Rookie

$250 bucks, or swap it with OS12TR R spec.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:32 AM   #10
Tech Master

why are you selling it for???? The RS is a way better motor than the OS TR

the reason it got stuck at full throttle is maybe your throttle servo or radio set up!!

keep it man, it can be fixed.
TRAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 01:03 AM   #11
Tech Rookie

I've got an air leak in the carb and i cant find O-rings on it, also these engine is only useful during winter in Dubai, weather here is devastating during summer, its useless. If someone wants to swap it with OS 12TR R-spec let me know.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:51 AM   #12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

I'm going to be out at full throttle Friday to Sun..I'm sure I have the o-rings you are looking for. Stop by and see me it my trailer.
Look for a white trailer with the dish on the back of it.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:44 AM   #13
Tech Rookie

Man I'm here in Dubai, how i can do that? wish i could fly. Saturday is the first day of upcoming Big Race. First will get a AED6000.00. second AED4000.00 and Third AED2000.00. That's the reason why I'm so frustrated with these engine it become erratic now that there's a big event. These December race is Sponsored by GM(general motors) they call it "CORVETTE CUP". There's no body shell to be use but Corvette from Kyosho.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:50 PM   #14
Tech Rookie

Finally my "NOVAFAST" is running fine again . I replaced all O-rings from ROSSI engine good thing one shop here selling ROSSI and they have a lot of spares for that engine. This afternoon is the start of corvette cup, I feel so tense about it. good luck to me.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:52 PM   #15
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to finbone

good luck in your upcoming races. glad you
got that nova running good again.

Joey
finbone is offline   Reply With Quote