R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Ice car? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/55679-ice-car.html)

TurboLancer 11-22-2004 11:51 AM

Ice car?

Winter is here/coming can I get or make an Icecar? I have the rs43 can I make an Icecar out of it? What tires are good?, rims? chassis height?, gas %'s, rich or lean?
Or am I a stupid dumbass and should just put it away in the closet and break out my Revo?

Dante`

tjnmt 11-22-2004 03:19 PM

Bust out the Revo, get a spare set of rims only and put some screws through them.

Get some foil wrap a couple fins on the head and richen that sucker up, till you get a good running engine,
then let her rip.

TurboLancer 11-22-2004 03:58 PM

R u 4 real?

R u 4 real or you bullcrapping me? lol I was with you till you said "Get some foil wrap a couple fins on the head" Do what with it?

Thanks by the way..

Dante`

ntc3freak 11-22-2004 06:15 PM

yeah.if im not mistaken,it is true.there are one article in rcca.cant remember which issue though.will check later

gonzoY5 11-22-2004 06:31 PM

Since the weather is cold, the foil will keep the head from cooling the engine so you can get good running temp

tjnmt 11-22-2004 07:47 PM

Re: R u 4 real?

Originally posted by TurboLancer
R u 4 real or you bullcrapping me? lol I was with you till you said "Get some foil wrap a couple fins on the head" Do what with it?
Dante`

No I'm not bs's you, I've been running nitro's since 91, and ran in all types of weather.

The foil, just wrap a couple of the bottom fins in it, this is too keep heat in, and also when you richen the needles too.

If the temps are still too low after running hard, below 190, wrap another layer of foil on another fin.

scotty5555 11-22-2004 08:21 PM

dude. i would take the front drive shafts, and bolt on some home made skies. then put some like hiegh tread 2.2 stadium tires (should fit on the rear). and ya i have herd of the heat sink thing.

TurboLancer 11-23-2004 04:27 AM

SWEEET!

Awesome....so with the rims I just take screws and screw them into the rim? How big? Which rims would work best. Its getting colder and soon I will be boredu unless I can do this.....Yo GonzoY5 Fort Lauderdale/Miami here....forced to move up to Pa to take care of the parents.....Help me out here with the COld lol.........:(

Dante`

Breaker Z3 11-28-2004 12:57 PM

combine

WHY DON'T YOU TRY TYING UP THE RS4 3 TO YOUR REVO SO THERE IS NO DISCRIMINATION OR FAVORITISM BETWEEN THEM.
lol!!!!!!!!!

sonicboom141 11-28-2004 01:36 PM

Originally posted by tjnmt
Bust out the Revo, get a spare set of rims only and put some screws through them.
yup i have 60 screws in each wheel for my rustler

TurboLancer 11-29-2004 04:06 AM

Breaker You are out of control...:lol: Now what would that accomplish? lol

Dante`